Activism and Politics > Discrimination

Canada, is it time to run to it

(1/4) > >>

PhoenixGurl2016:
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.

With the government becoming what it is doing to discriminate against us, should we start running to Canada before we can not? I feel like eventually it will get to the point that we are not safe here, and will not have an other options. I have thought about it and I think I want to follow through, but honestly I do not know where to start. I do not know if we qualify for safety in Canada yet and I fear by the time we do, it will be too late.

If anyone knows how to or has moved to Canada, I would love some advice to look into it.

Devlyn:
Run if you wish, if the Canadians will have you. It's probably better to stay and change things, though. Society and business are behind us. The people who want this are the same people who lost the war to own people over 150 years ago... and they'll lose this war, too. As the song says:

"The South's gonna do it again"

Lucca:
Let's wait to run away until there's a present, tangible benefit to doing so, and let's also make absolutely certain that the country we're running to will actually maintain a better standard over the long term. Canada's got its own problems, and anyone who leaves right now won't be around to fight the current American government to make sure that things don't get to the point where leaving is necessary.

Karen_A:
If the democrats don't take the House, it might be time to start looking into it.

- karen

PhoenixGurl2016:

--- Quote from: Karen_A on October 21, 2018, 12:13:22 pm ---If the democrats don't take the House, it might be time to start looking into it.

- karen

--- End quote ---

That is where my head is at right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version