Author Topic: Eyebrow Shaping Methods  (Read 2385 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Eyebrow Shaping Methods
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 04:36:14 pm »
Linde,

Have you been happy with your microneedled eyebrows?
Did they swell any after the microneedleling?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 04:52:31 pm »
Linde,

Have you been happy with your microneedled eyebrows?
Did they swell any after the microneedleling?

Chrissy
The eyebrows are not done yet.  But I had my entire face and neck mirconeedeled.  This did hurt quite a bit, and it really was uncomfortable for the next couple of days.  I don't know if I would do that ever again.  My skin improved a lot (and still is).  I also had all sun spots and skin damages lasered away, that did not hurt much, and the results are really great.

I will report here, once I had the other stuff done.  I also would want some limited Botox injections.  My goal is that my face looks similar like I have my avatar (which has been de-winkled a little).  And I want a permanent eyeliner done I think I am done with the face after these procedures.  I want my face still looking natural, and do not plan for any facial surgeries, because my bone structure and nose are feminin anyway.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Eyebrow Shaping Methods
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 12:20:22 pm »
Is "eyebrow mapping" to get the right shape something that you can effectively do yourself or is this something best left to a professional?  How expensive is this to have done?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Linde

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 01:07:21 pm »
Is "eyebrow mapping" to get the right shape something that you can effectively do yourself or is this something best left to a professional?  How expensive is this to have done?

Chrissy
I had it done by professionals,  I had mine microbladed, and all stray hair eliminated with electrolysis.  I am done with mine, and will never need to do anything to them!
The process was a little on the painful side, and I had tears running down my cheeks.  But all pain was forgotten an hour or so later!
My cost for this was $300.

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2019, 02:37:23 pm »
I pluck mine, what is left of them, and also had electrolysis on a few very stray hairs, but nothing intense.  I do plan to try microblading 6 months to a year after my FFS in January.  I have seen the results on some people and they can look very natural, or over the top going to the club look.  Microblading needs a 2-4 week week follow up and the annual (+/-) touch ups over the years.  It is not permanent and will start to fade off.  If I remember correctly, even the eyebrow tattooing needs periodic touch ups.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Linde

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2019, 02:43:07 pm »
I pluck mine, what is left of them, and also had electrolysis on a few very stray hairs, but nothing intense.  I do plan to try microblading 6 months to a year after my FFS in January.  I have seen the results on some people and they can look very natural, or over the top going to the club look.  Microblading needs a 2-4 week week follow up and the annual (+/-) touch ups over the years.  It is not permanent and will start to fade off.  If I remember correctly, even the eyebrow tattooing needs periodic touch ups.
I did it, but I don't need FFS (I was told), and yes, it needs the corrective follow up.  At that time I had them electrocute all the hairs that were out of line, and I don't need to do any plucking anymore.  They told me that the microblading needs an update in about 5 to  years, but no annual touch up.  My brows look very natural, and nobody has questioned whether they are real or not.  It is a little on the painful side, but I would do it over again.

Offline IWish

• Neighbor
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2019, 03:33:55 pm »
I get mine threaded every 4 weeks. In between my GF plucks the occasional fast growers.

IWish
IWish I was born a girl !

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Eyebrow Shaping Methods
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 07:21:25 pm »
I had it done by professionals,  I had mine microbladed, and all stray hair eliminated with electrolysis.  I am done with mine, and will never need to do anything to them!
The process was a little on the painful side, and I had tears running down my cheeks.  But all pain was forgotten an hour or so later!
My cost for this was $300.

Linde,

Is microneedling and microblading the same?  If not, did you actually have both done?   
They “sound” different, one using a needle and the other procedure using a blade?

Chrissy

Offline Linde

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 09:15:39 pm »

Linde,

Is microneedling and microblading the same?  If not, did you actually have both done?   
They “sound” different, one using a needle and the other procedure using a blade?

Chrissy
No, they are two different processes.  Microneedeling causes collagen creation in your skin, which in turn, eliminates the fine mini wrinkles in your skin.
Mircoblading is related to tattooing, but done with a scalpel blade type knife instead of a needle.  The balde contains the dye of your choice, and fine surface cuts are made in your browline, and the dye is inserted.  This way the brow is shaped in the desired way, and is permanently colored.  Because the dye is inserted with tiny cuts, it mimics the look of hair.  I had the "wild growth" eliminated for good with electrolysis.

I did not feel any pain from microneedeling, but the blading caused a little pain fo me.  I seem to have a rather high pain threshold, cause I do not require any numbing with electrolysis at any body aerea.  It might thus be, that other will have a higher pain sensation than I have, when these procedures are done.

I am glad that I had the microblading done, because I can really forget about my eyebrows.  My judgement on the microneedeling is still out, but i had it done for free.  But I have this different skin anyway, and one cannot see any dramatic difference, because I hardly have any wrinkles.
The procedure is normally around $700 to 800.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2020, 06:53:08 am »
No, they are two different processes.  Microneedeling causes collagen creation in your skin, which in turn, eliminates the fine mini wrinkles in your skin.
Mircoblading is related to tattooing, but done with a scalpel blade type knife instead of a needle.  The balde contains the dye of your choice, and fine surface cuts are made in your browline, and the dye is inserted.  This way the brow is shaped in the desired way, and is permanently colored.  Because the dye is inserted with tiny cuts, it mimics the look of hair.  I had the "wild growth" eliminated for good with electrolysis.

I did not feel any pain from microneedeling, but the blading caused a little pain fo me.  I seem to have a rather high pain threshold, cause I do not require any numbing with electrolysis at any body aerea.  It might thus be, that other will have a higher pain sensation than I have, when these procedures are done.

I am glad that I had the microblading done, because I can really forget about my eyebrows.  My judgement on the microneedeling is still out, but i had it done for free.  But I have this different skin anyway, and one cannot see any dramatic difference, because I hardly have any wrinkles.
The procedure is normally around $700 to 800.

Have you or anyone tried dermablading?  Looks like that is an exfoliating process, not really for the brows.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Eyebrow Shaping Methods
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2020, 05:58:57 pm »
Has anyone here tried dermaplaning?

Chrissy

Offline Margrit

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2020, 06:30:51 am »
No I did not.
What is it exactly? Where did you hear about it?
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Ember Anya

• Inimitable
  • ...the grass below, above the vaulted sky...
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2020, 11:13:11 am »

I was wondering which of these eyebrow shaping methods, that you have tried, have been
the least painful and the longest lasting between touchups?

Plucking
Waxing
Threading

I have plucked and been waxed and either way you still have to do some cutting.

I find plucking obvs takes longer but has better results and allows me far more control in the resulting shape.

IMO the plucking, because I can thin in ways wax cant, lasts longer, but I have thick eyebrows so...

If your are not thinning or doing shaping made harder by wax, then wax is gonna be easiest and fastest. IME, they both last roughly the same amount of time.

Offline Margrit

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 01:57:56 pm »
I do plucking  :)
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 02:39:54 pm »

Offline TheWomanWithinMe

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2020, 05:27:16 pm »
Each technician may understand the mechanics behind the various methods of shaping and filling in eyebrows but that doesn't guarantee you will get the best results for you. There is quite a difference between doing an adequate job and one that is shaped and filled in perfectly for "your" face. Some are merely technicians and some exhibit an artistic flair to their work. This kind of service definitely benefits from checking reviews and asking to see if they have photos of that technicians work.

Tags: beauty tips eyebrows