Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

Some days transitioning seems such an immense undertaking (because it is!)

<< < (11/12) > >>

Pammie:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 24, 2021, 04:56:20 pm ---@Pammie

You do take care of yourself and care about your appearance, for sure.

I know there are others here that look so very nice too, and I certainly do not mean to exclude them in any way; but, you do deserve the compliment.

Have a terrific week!

Chrissy

--- End quote ---
You are very kind and totally right about so many gorgeous ladies on here but im very happy to take the compliment! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyenet:
I feel like the social aspects of transitioning are more jarring than the physical, like suddenly you gotta contend with misogyny and all your social interactions are given a different context. Even after years of it it still feels surreal.

ChrissyRyan:
Sometimes it seems as a woman, one has to wait more for good service or you get dumbed down talk to you.
Not that often.  Could be my imagination a little.

Chrissy

noleen111:
Yes it is an immense undertaking. still worth it. You change your entire life. For me, once out of my shell, I went from shy withdrawn guy to an outgoing, life of the party woman.

I did it, as part of moving to a new area, job opportunity. So i decided, ok.. I will arrive as a woman and I will live my life as woman here. I had just started hormones, so not much development. My was very nervous about my voice , but I practiced and practiced.

So I had it a little easier, as my old life could not come back to haunt me, but it also meant, I was basically alone (Just my BFF, who moved with me)

It took me a long time to come out of my shell, I was scared I would get clocked. I had one advantage, I was a feminine looking guy, so once the hormones started to do their thing, I looked the part (I think I did, no one ever said anything). I grew in confidence once my breasts started to show (Again I was lucky, my body reacted quite fast to the hormones, in those first 3 months, i had a lot growth. This fast reaction, meant my nipples and chest area were no touch or bump zones (painful times), after 3 months, the sensitivity went away and the growth slowed down.

I remember one time during that period, I was closing a car door and edge of the door hit my breast (side impact), I thought I was going to die, it was so painful, i actually cried a bit, lucky I was getting home, as the crying made some of my makeup run.

but doing my transition like I did, meant I made friends, who have no idea I was born a man, I was treated like one of the girls right from the start.

The only negative, was my bff was smoker, a habit i picked up as well, the social aspect of smoking allowed me to interact and make friends, who were all smokers. Social smoking when going out became daily smoking as I became addicted. I was never a heavy smoker, 3 to 5 a day. This was a habit I had for about 10 years, a health scare made me stop (a growth on my tonsils, that started blocked my airways - scary) after both were removed, i told myself stop, again lucky as the growth was not cancerous, but it was enough to scare me straight. I weaned myself off with nicotine gum and I proud to say, I am a non-smoker, even the gum is long time not used anymore.

Rakel:

--- Quote from: noleen111 on March 31, 2022, 08:38:29 am ---Yes it is an immense undertaking. still worth it. You change your entire life....

...The only negative, was my bff was smoker, a habit i picked up as well, the social aspect of smoking allowed me to interact and make friends, who were all smokers. Social smoking when going out became daily smoking as I became addicted. I was never a heavy smoker, 3 to 5 a day. This was a habit I had for about 10 years, a health scare made me stop (a growth on my tonsils, that started blocked my airways - scary) after both were removed, i told myself stop, again lucky as the growth was not cancerous, but it was enough to scare me straight. I weaned myself off with nicotine gum and I proud to say, I am a non-smoker, even the gum is long time not used anymore.

--- End quote ---

Congratulations Noleen,

Kicking the smoking habit is one of the most difficult life style changes for many people. Not only is there a physical addiction, but for many people the social influences are more than many people can handle.

On the plus side of kicking the smoking habit, your sense of smell and taste will become more able to appreciate the nuances in food and fragrances that smokers are not able to appreciate. The term "Nose blind" is appropiate here.

I could go on for a week and a half, talking about the health benefits, but I am sure you know those already. The good news is that since you quit with very little smoking history in terms of pack-years of smoking, your health expectancy shoud be just about the same as a person who never smoked. Look forward to a long and healthy life.

Again, congratulations. Take care.   :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version