Author Topic: As mtf, what do you like the most and least as part of transitioning?  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
Re: As mtf, what do you like the most and least as part of transitioning?
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2020, 04:22:14 pm »
Is there anything you did not expect from transitioning, after starting transitioning?

Chrissy

I expected some family members to be more adaptive. They're had 35 years since I gave them a heads up and more than 30 years to adapt. They still make the occasional pronoun slip after a third of a century. I think it's pathetic.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 05:03:16 pm »
I expected some family members to be more adaptive. They're had 35 years since I gave them a heads up and more than 30 years to adapt. They still make the occasional pronoun slip after a third of a century. I think it's pathetic.

Those are long timeframes.  Sorry.

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline josie76

• Family
  • Something beautiful emerges from a dark pool
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2020, 07:47:24 am »
What I like best: freedom. Free to be natural. No more hiding who I am and no more constantly watching myself so I don't give myself away.

Least: fear. Now that I am visible I have fear. Fear for my safety. Fear of men reacting badly to just seeing me. Also the fear of men's sexual nature toward women. I lived hidden among men and heard what they often say when in a group and no women around. Although some rise above it many fall into seeing women as sexual objects and not much else.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy
09/11/2019 PPV at IU Health (DaVinci robot laparoscopic Davydov with modified Chonburi Flap) w/ Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Koch, Dr. Roth assisting urology
03/02/2020 revision labiaplasty at IU Health w/ Dr. Gallagher

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence.
I for one want to live now, not just exist!

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2020, 08:06:39 am »
Those are long timeframes.  Sorry.

Chrissy

Chrissy, you are always kind. The thing is that I pass. They've got all the visual cues, plus decades to adapt. They might need another 30 years.

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2020, 04:02:55 pm »
They still make the occasional pronoun slip after a third of a century. I think it's pathetic.

If it makes you feel better, I still do it too with a friend of mine.   If you've spent a lifetime around someone, you get in a rut/habit that's hard to break.   You'd think I'd be better at not messing that up of all people.  At least you know it's probably not intentional in some cases. 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2020, 11:20:03 am »
It can take a long time to get ready to go out sometimes.
I’m no outside much at all now but I do remember these longer timeframes as compared to going out looking like a guy.  But, the athletic casual look is not that time consuming.

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2020, 12:15:48 pm »
It can take a long time to get ready to go out sometimes.
I’m no outside much at all now but I do remember these longer timeframes as compared to going out looking like a guy.  But, the athletic casual look is not that time consuming.

Chrissy
Getting ready is such a fun thing to do though! I spent 20 minutes every evening picking an outfit for the next day then I invariably change my mind the next day! The actual getting ready bit is just a natural part of my day. . I remember in my past half-life getting ready was a minimum time thing like you say but then I had no interest or pride in how I looked. Now I wanna knock em dead every I go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2020, 12:36:24 pm »
Getting ready is such a fun thing to do though! I spent 20 minutes every evening picking an outfit for the next day then I invariably change my mind the next day! The actual getting ready bit is just a natural part of my day. . I remember in my past half-life getting ready was a minimum time thing like you say but then I had no interest or pride in how I looked. Now I wanna knock em dead every I go out.

Pammie,

Knock them dead!   :)

Chrissy

Offline Pammie

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2020, 01:29:23 pm »
Pammie,

Knock them dead!   :)

Chrissy
One tries! 

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2020, 06:47:12 pm »
Best and worst parts of transition:

Worst:

Social alienation and being the most hated group of the LGBT community. People being afraid of you. Losing friends and family. Having to throw away my entire wardrobe and buy new clothes. Taking an hour or more to get ready. The battle with facial hair. Losing male privilege. Becoming physically weaker.

Best:

The questions of why I felt this way have been answered, even if it took 50 years!  I'm now at ease being myself, I can relax, the search is over. I love being part of a ladies group at my local hair salon. When a man comes in we quickly switch our conversations to make sure he's comfortable in a room full of women; once he leaves we go back to gaggling, it's a riot. I also love watching my progress. It's truly amazing what one chemical can do to a person's body and mind. I also like the feeling of being content. I've become more satisfied with my life, probably because a large part of my inner anxiety has disappeared. I love the feeling of tranquility and being transgender provides that.

1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Tags: