Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

For a mtf woman, when is transitioning “over”? Are we always transgender?

(1/39) > >>

ChrissyRyan:
For a mtf woman, when is transitioning “over”?  When we assimilate into society and live as a woman?

Even after transitioning is over, are we always transgender (mtf) women?  After all, after a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, it is known simply as a butterfly.  We are not of the male gender, we are of the female gender.  Many of our bodies may, externally at least, correspond with our female gender.

Are we ever simply accepted as women, and not as transwomen, as if we were born female?

If yes, does that require passing so well that people not knowing of your past have never thought of you as a transwoman but just one of many women?  Or does acceptance by others simply require kind, tolerant, understanding people even if we do not pass well?  That they respect our wishes to be accepted as women because we are women, that they not deadname us, that they use our preferred pronouns, and that they treat us fairly and like ladies?

How much and what transitioning do we need to have completed until it is reasonable for each of us to be thought of by others as a woman?

What do you think?

Chrissy

Meghan:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 30, 2018, 12:36:39 am ---For a mtf woman, when is transitioning “over”?  When we assimilate into society and live as a woman?

Even after transitioning is over, are we always transgender (mtf) women?  After all, after a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, it is known simply as a butterfly.  We are not of the male gender, we are of the female gender.  Many of our bodies may, externally at least, correspond with our female gender.

Are we ever simply accepted as women, and not as transwomen, as if we were born female?

If yes, does that require passing so well that people not knowing of your past have never thought of you as a transwoman but just one of many women?  Or does acceptance by others simply require kind, tolerant, understanding people even if we do not pass well?  That they respect our wishes to be accepted as women because we are women, that they not deadname us, that they use our preferred pronouns, and that they treat us fairly and like ladies?

How much and what transitioning do we need to have completed until it is reasonable for each of us to be thought of by others as a woman?

What do you think?

Chrissy

--- End quote ---
I think I always live the rest of my life as a Transgender since I am transition from Male to Female.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Shambles:
I think we're always transgender but that's not a bad thing, it shows our history through life and what we've had to face.

As for when is transition over? Cis girls there's always going to be tweeks they make on appearance throughout their lifes, be it hair clothes or even boob jobs but they're not transitioning. For me it's full time and happy with the shell that my soul is in, doesn't have to be perfect but at a stage with no / little dysphoria. Then it's onto the normal tweeking.

Rakel:
For those of us who have completely transitioned, we will always have a transgender medical history.  :'(

However gender identity is mostly a state of mind and when your self identity matches your physical body, nothing else matters.  ;)

KathyLauren:
I think that the definition of transgender is that your gender identity does not match your sex-assigned-at-birth.  So I think that you are always transgender.

Most trans women want to be accepted as women.  If people treat me like they do any other woman, then I am happy.  In most cases, the people I meet do.

Your transition is over when you say it is.  I will likely consider my transition over once I have had GRS, although I will continue to learn how to be a woman for the rest of my life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version