Author Topic: For a mtf woman, when is transitioning “over”? Are we always transgender?  (Read 9529 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Even after we can blend in as another woman in society, I guess we are always transgender in terms of historical biology.

Congratulations to all who completed your transitions and those who are on their journeys.

Chrissy

@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
You are very correct, we can not change our historical biology and our travels in our personal life journeys as we become the person we were meant to be... we will always be a transgender person... that can not be changed....

BUT

At some point in my transition, soon after I went full time, I do not very often think of my past.....
I wake up as a woman, and without a 2nd thought I shower and dress as a woman, putting on women's underwear and garments without thinking that they are women's clothing items... (they are what I wear... no old deadname clothes in my closet for many years), I go to my business as a woman .... and conduct my life and my relationships as a woman.

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
For a mtf woman, when is transitioning “over”? Are we always transgender?
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2021, 04:18:40 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
You are very correct, we can not change our historical biology and our travels in our personal life journeys as we become the person we were meant to be... we will always be a transgender person... that can not be changed....

BUT

At some point in my transition, soon after I went full time, I do not very often think of my past.....
I wake up as a woman, and without a 2nd thought I shower and dress as a woman, putting on women's underwear and garments without thinking that they are women's clothing items... (they are what I wear... no old deadname clothes in my closet for many years), I go to my business as a woman .... and conduct my life and my relationships as a woman.

HUGS,
Danielle

@Northern Star Girl

Danielle,

That sounds beautiful.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
No longer transgender?? As much as I would love to say that, I cannot see how it can logically be true.
But I am proud of who I am, I'm not ashamed of being trans, if I was I would have kept on hiding in my original male husk!

This is how I feel about it all. A cis-woman has the "cis" designator.  A trans woman has the "trans" as their designator.  Both are woman and there is no need to use the designators.  But they are real and they are there for more detailed conversations when and if needed.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2021, 03:33:29 pm »
A medical transition has an end.  It ends when you’re finally happy with your body.

A social transition takes longer.  I had a boyhood, not a girlhood.  There is a lot a I didn’t learn. (But there’s a whole lot I did learn because growing up I had more girls for friends who, at times, could be really open with me.)  That said, I would venture to say a social transition ends when your comfortable with yourself in society.

Finally, there is the emotional transition.  I believe it ends when your happy and confident in yourself.

That said, some transitions never end.

We all transition through the major stages of our lives; childhood, adulthood, parenthood, older adulthood, etc.

I’m just a woman. So transitioning as a stage of our lives does end.  Living, and growing - that’s a totally different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline CosmicJoke

• Friend
For a mtf woman, when is transitioning “over”?  When we assimilate into society and live as a woman?

Even after transitioning is over, are we always transgender (mtf) women?  After all, after a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, it is known simply as a butterfly.  We are not of the male gender, we are of the female gender.  Many of our bodies may, externally at least, correspond with our female gender.

Are we ever simply accepted as women, and not as transwomen, as if we were born female?

If yes, does that require passing so well that people not knowing of your past have never thought of you as a transwoman but just one of many women?  Or does acceptance by others simply require kind, tolerant, understanding people even if we do not pass well?  That they respect our wishes to be accepted as women because we are women, that they not deadname us, that they use our preferred pronouns, and that they treat us fairly and like ladies?

How much and what transitioning do we need to have completed until it is reasonable for each of us to be thought of by others as a woman?

What do you think?

Chrissy

I honestly think that varies greatly from one transwoman to another. My personal opinion on the subject is that it's whenever you feel at peace, whenever you feel happy. Some transitions could be very short while others could last a lifetime. I think it ultimately boils down to whenever you feel at peace. :-)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2021, 06:04:49 pm »
A lot of good thoughts shared out ladies.  Thank you.
Keep them coming!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: