General Discussions > Makeup

Doing Makeup when you wear glasses?

(1/5) > >>

Lisa89125:
Question for those ladies who wear glasses, How do you manage to do your makeup when you can't see without your glasses? I find this to be very frustrating.

Lisa

TonyaW:
I use a 10x magnification lighted makeup mirror.  Eyeliner would be impossible without it.

I've also seen special reading glasses type for makeup.  The lenses fold down so you can see out of one eye while applying to the other

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Lisa89125:
I will have to get me a mirror like that. I am not really up to wanting to use contacts and stick something in my eye. although doing makeup would be easier I suspect.

Anyone know whether or not laser is an option for vision correction? I know HRT will change my eyes to some extent and I have heard having laser surgery before being on hormones for a while can actually have negative affects on vision.

Lisa

snbab:

--- Quote from: TonyaW on December 05, 2018, 01:01:07 pm ---I use a 10x magnification lighted makeup mirror.  Eyeliner would be impossible without it.

I've also seen special reading glasses type for makeup.  The lenses fold down so you can see out of one eye while applying to the other

--- End quote ---
Those fold down lenses sound like a great option. Can use them whenever/wherever you need to apply or freshen up the makeup.

TonyaW:

--- Quote from: Aceofblackdiamonds on December 05, 2018, 06:54:10 pm ---I will have to get me a mirror like that. I am not really up to wanting to use contacts and stick something in my eye. although doing makeup would be easier I suspect.

Anyone know whether or not laser is an option for vision correction? I know HRT will change my eyes to some extent and I have heard having laser surgery before being on hormones for a while can actually have negative affects on vision.

Lisa

--- End quote ---
Help from lasik for close up vision would depend on your age mostly. If you're at the point where you need reading glasses (usually starts around 40) I don't think it will fix that.

They offered to do one eye to 20/40 to help with that but that seemed later best like just delaying the inevitable readers and then your eyes would be different so would have to get them made. That was over 15 years ago when I had it, maybe there is something better now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version