Author Topic: Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?  (Read 4865 times)

Offline Ryuichi13

• Rhee-yoo-ee-chee (say it fast!)
  • Family
  • Tee, Tea or T? (^_~)
Re: Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2019, 11:59:31 pm »
I think one of my siblings said so, but I scrolled past that text, so I missed it.  I never went back to re-read it, and that was a phone ago.  My family is slowly coming to accept that the man they now see is the man they will see for the rest of my life.

I hope they never say so in my face, siblings are supposed to love unconditionally.  I'd hate to have to remind them of that fact.

Ryuichi
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2019, 05:55:19 pm »
Unless you always male fail, sooner or later, and maybe again later, you as a mtf will have people talk with you who think that you are one very strange person.  They are entitled to their opinion but you certainly do not have to agree with it!  Be safe.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2019, 10:33:06 pm »
I had one person tell me I was weird for considering transition, and then started crying. I didn't care, because she was only interested in hanging around me in the hopes of getting illegal drugs that I was not even using. To me, she was the weird one.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

Offline Jin

• Family
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2019, 10:21:24 am »
Not specifically, I have been told I am weird for a lot of other reasons!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2020, 05:07:38 pm »
Not specifically, I have been told I am weird for a lot of other reasons!

I can relate!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline HaileyF

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2020, 01:45:38 am »
Yes,by my ex boyfriends and it made me real angry.I got back at them,told them get their things out and leave.Basically I broke up with them,knew I didn't need them in my life.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2020, 06:44:20 am »
My ex girlfriend told me many things which probably included weird but, to be fair she was hurting a lot so it’s kinda understandable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BrianaJ

• Friend
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2020, 09:18:53 am »
More times than I care to think about.  A few times face to face and many from one person to another in my presence.  They get a great big eye roll from me. 
~~Be kind~~

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2020, 11:14:43 pm »
not   yet

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2020, 11:22:20 pm »
Consider it a compliment.

~Jenny~
- Jenny

Offline Susan R

• Transgender Female
  • The Real Me!
    • Susan R's Introduction
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2020, 01:11:33 am »
Not directly to my face but my 39 year old daughter told her younger sister during a recent conversation, “I’m ok with it but it’s just... weird”. 
Sept. 25, 2018:       Began HRT
May 19, 2019:         Out to All/Full time
June 12, 2019:        Name/Gender Marker on all ID's/Legal Docs completed
July 2, 2020:           GRS & BA Consult - Dr. Stiller
January 5, 2021:      GRS Surgery [Stage 1]
January 15, 2021:    BA
June 2021 [TBD]:     GRS Surgery [Stage 2]

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »
I overheard today that someone first heard of transsexual people because of watching television.
It was on a show watched and enjoyed “because they often had on freaks and other really weird people.”  This was spoken by someone who is not an ally of any transgender people.

All well.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2020, 08:12:17 am »
Consider it a compliment.

~Jenny~

That is one way to look at it!   :)

Chrissy

Offline Pammie

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2020, 08:17:21 am »
I think one of my siblings said so, but I scrolled past that text, so I missed it.  I never went back to re-read it, and that was a phone ago.  My family is slowly coming to accept that the man they now see is the man they will see for the rest of my life.

I hope they never say so in my face, siblings are supposed to love unconditionally.  I'd hate to have to remind them of that fact.

Ryuichi
Sadly, supposed to is the operative expression there!
My older brother pretty much deliberately misgenders me any time we speak (which is not often now!)
He definitely and publicly thinks im a freak and need chemicals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2020, 06:11:50 am »
Yes, by my father,

He was not happy about the fact that his son was becoming his daughter. I kinda expected it, as he was upset when I got my ears pierced and let my hair grow out, so when his son with long hair and pierced ears (He would have freaked if he knew I shaved my legs as well) came home to tell him that I was going to transition into a woman.

I was called a sissy and told my mother I was babied too much.

We never spoke again, as he was killed in a car accident a few months later. He never accepted his daughter.

I did put a lot of strain on the family, my mother stood by her man,. About a year after his death my mother reached to me and we did reconnect after a lot of talking.. Now we have a close mother daughter bond, she told me she felt it was her fault I was trans, as she told me she wished while she was pregnant with me that i would come out a girl. I remember that first meeting, I was so nervous, this was the first time she had ever seen me as noleen, I was over a year into hormones. so I had noticeable breasts (I think around C cup), my curves were noticeable. I remember i decided to dress not so in your face girly.. so jeans and a polar neck.. I did not want to show off cleavage, Only really girly stuff, was a pair high heel ankle boots, hoop earrings and my light makeup. I was so nervous, but I learnt so was she, I found out my mother smoked that day, and she found out I smoked too.. but when she hugged me and said, hello my girl.. I knew things would work out.

When my mother remarried, i was even a bridesmaid and when I got married, my step father walked me down the aisle. OK, my step father does not know I was born a boy, nor do my step siblings, by the time they came into our lives.. I was way down the lane into my transition and could not pass as a male even if I wanted to.

I am very private about my past, My husband, my best friend and my mother are the only people that know my past.   
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Online Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2020, 05:07:18 pm »
My wife tells me that I am weird every time we talk about my gender.  It is getting annoying.  This has been going on now for a dozen years.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:45 pm »
I am probably weird in many ways.
However, most everyone seems to tolerates me or likes me, despite that.   :)

Chrissy

Tags: