Author Topic: Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Angelaney

• Neighbor
Re: Has anyone flat out told you that you are weird for being mtf?
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2021, 03:58:12 am »
Most people spend their lives outwardly trying to be just like everyone else, and have the attitude that if  you don't do that, then there is something wrong with you.

Offline SonadoraXVX

• In the here and now :)
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2021, 06:18:12 am »
Yes, painfully so chrissy, especially with my girlfriend and me. When people don't understand something, their flummoxed, at times turning to religion or their "common sense", vastly undereducated if they dont have a strong background science, in my opinion. Nature is superbly varied in sex and gender, not black and white, what makes us any different, as part of nature? Lol, nothing. Me, ive always had an analytical mind and my closest supposed friends supposedly have me figured out, "light on my loafers", lol, yea right. My supposed friends were really not friends, but were curiously entertained, at best.  Best to cut your losses with mean spirited people or people who dont understand the varied nature of life. Its what I've done, if i bump heads to much with people. I usually piss naysayers and mean people off anyway.

Why i love computers more then people at times, lol, no judgements or biases,  either your right or wrong, it works or not, nothing personal, it doesn't have feelings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2021, 09:48:18 pm »
My supposed friends were really not friends, but were curiously entertained, at best.  Best to cut your losses with mean spirited people or people who dont understand the varied nature of life. Its what I've done, if i bump heads to much with people. I usually piss naysayers and mean people off anyway.

Why i love computers more then people at times, lol, no judgements or biases,  either your right or wrong, it works or not, nothing personal, it doesn't have feelings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, I don’t have any friends in real life, they are all what I refer to (to myself) as “imaginary friends”.  They imagine that we are friends.  But, they don’t know me, not really.  I don’t think any of my imaginary friends would still want to be friends if they knew I am trans.

I do have one “friend” who knows.  I am actually his friend.  He really cares a lot about me.  But, his life is a total mess.  He is struggling to survive.  He doesn’t have the resources to be a friend.  But, he cares.

The rest of them, no.  I don’t believe they would.  And, losing them wouldn’t be that great of a loss to me.  Not now.  Maybe years ago, but as I have accepted that I am trans, I have emotionally withdrawn from all of the people I don’t trust to have my back.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2021, 05:58:01 am »
...I do have one “friend” who knows.  I am actually his friend.  He really cares a lot about me.  But, his life is a total mess.  He is struggling to survive.  He doesn’t have the resources to be a friend.  But, he cares...

This sounds like your friend needs a friend.

I trust that you are there for him.  :angel:

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2021, 10:08:39 am »
I try to be, but ...it’s a lot. 

He is a full time care giver to a dying relative.  He can run to the grocery, but that is about it.  He doesn’t get regular sleep patterns.  He doesn’t have anyone other than Hithe person he is caring for and me to talk to, he suffers from some psychiatric problems of his own (for which his insurance doesn’t always cover his meds, forcing him to go one reduced allocations.  He has about a one month extra supply, and if his doctor neglects to renew his prescription or the one pharmacy his insurance will pay for fails to timely send it, he starts putting himself on half doses.  And, that generally leads to emotional problems.

His relative won’t allow hospice or any stranger to care for him, everything has to be done by the guy I am talking about.  So, no one can even give him a day off.  The relative is a fall risk, and often gets out of bed during quick runs my friend does make to the grocery, sometimes injuring himself.  It would be exhausting for anyone, and as I said he has psychiatric problems to begin with, so.... 

I do what they will allow me to do, but he lives in another city more than an hour away, so there is only so much I can do in the short run. He has no other living relatives (well, certainly not close relatives, perhaps distant cousins).

It is a bad situation, but I worry a little about what he will do when his relative dies.  Then, I will be his only person.  He’ll be completely alone, except for me.  And, he will have just lost everything his life has been about, and his only relative.

Tags: