Author Topic: Arrgh! What do you think are some of the most annoying things some people do?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Lisa143

• Friend
Talk. At work. The whole freaking day!
I'm not a native english speaker, please excuse my many errors and poor language level.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
This may sound gross, because it is:  people picking their nose, and often eating what they pull out, while in their cars.  It is like living in a glass house! 

What makes them think that others may not watch or see this?  Really?  While waiting at a red light with a car next to them?  Really?

Although I quickly look the other way when I see this; but, by then, it is too late!

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline big kim

Microwave fish with the doors open. The weirdo who lives on my landing is always doing this and stinking the flats out

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
In-flight farting.
Veteran, US Army

Offline MaryT

• Family
When an advertiser appropriates a classic song and changes the lyrics, then it sticks in your head, but with the wrong lyrics, ruining the song for you.  The first example I can recall of this was " I'd like to buy the world a coke ".

I know what you mean but ironically, you picked what might be the only bad example possible.  "I'd Like to Buy the world a Coke", performed by The New Seekers in the radio jingle and later adapted for television, actually came first.  It was so catchy that The Hillside Singers and The New Seekers later recorded longer versions that didn't mention Coke.

Offline Haley Conner

wow, I had no idea.  that is funny.

Offline Haley Conner

And some additional trivia: There was actual cocaine in the product at one time.

Offline DebraM

Cutting in line,very rude to do

Offline Lynne

Re: Arrgh! What do you think are some of the most annoying things some people do?
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2019, 03:09:36 pm »
Talk. At work. The whole freaking day!

Oh how I hate that.. I mean it's certainly OK to talk to others but at least people should try to do it in a way so it doesn't disturb the ones who are actually trying to get some work done.

We have a few people at our office who just don't feel the need to book a meeting room when they want to have a long call. And these people are usually the same people who talk so loudly that I can hear them from the other side of the office. The more annoying version of this is when they don't even use a headset, they just put the call on speakers so everybody can hear their very important meeting.

And there are those who always have their ringtones on their phones set to max volume in the office and they get a lot of messages and calls. I really don't get it, their phones are near them all the time on their desks, they would would immediately notice any notifications even if it would only vibrate. Sometimes they even forget their phones on their desks and they are not around to pick it up when it rings for minutes at max volume.

Oh the joys of open office and people who don't seem to care about disturbing others with noise.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Drivers who do not turn on their lights before sundown regardless how dark, rainy, or snowy it is.
Although their lights may not help them see better, their lights can most certainly help others see the cars of them better. 

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Those robocalls being made.

Usually the calling number displayed is not the telephone number the call is being made from.

Annoying.

Chrissy

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
I wonder if the people who have been hoarding things because of Covid-19 will try to return to stores their excess supply after this unfortunate situation is over. 

Perhaps a limit on some returns would be advisable.  Unless the stores perhaps did not limit the purchases, but even then people can often make multiple purchase transactions to get around limits.  But, that would not be the store”s action, that would be the purchaser’s action.

I wonder if there will be lots of toilet paper on the store shelves for a long time because so much has been recently purchased.

Chrissy

Offline Vicente

• Neighbor
People who make noise while chewing is the one thing I can't stand.
People who are rude to cashiers are another big one I loathe.

Offline MaryT

• Family
I wonder if the people who have been hoarding things because of Covid-19 will try to return to stores their excess supply after this unfortunate situation is over. 
I wonder if there will be lots of toilet paper on the store shelves for a long time because so much has been recently purchased.
Chrissy

I wish that people hadn't hoarded but I can't blame them in Britain, at least, where the government cleverly said, in so many words, "There is no need to hoard.  By the way, don't go out for 12 weeks, even to shop, unless you absolutely have to."

When this is over, the hoarders, and many others who did not have a chance to hoard, will keep large stockpiles of necessities for the rest of their lives. 

My late mother, who lived through WW2 and the years of rationing that followed, as well as dangerous periods in different countries, always had large emergency stores of such things as toilet paper and bottled water, but I was more complacent.  Survivalists are going to multiply several fold.

Offline Swedishgirl96

• Friend
People who cough just right out in the air. Like WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Offline Erika_

• Friend
People who let their dogs come right up to me, I hate that.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
I think for the betterment of shoppers, there will be one-way aisles in the larger grocery stores.

That may be a good thing for safety, not annoying. 

Chrissy

Tags: