Author Topic: Direct Financial costs of mtf transitioning  (Read 5241 times)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Direct Financial costs of mtf transitioning
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2020, 08:34:08 am »
Also, when you have the time to post, please let us know of the costs related to your recent
trans-related surgeries (say surgeries done during 2019 and 2020).  Thank you.

:)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ForeverLacey

• Whatever I'm Awesome
  • Neighbor
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2020, 11:30:55 am »
 Let's see, I can only give a rough estimate on some of the procedures I spent money on since I started my transition in 2007. I had to pay out of pocket for everything due to a lousy self insured health plan with exclusions. This is part of the reason why I have future surgeries pending over a decade after starting.

Boobs:               Free, I won the genetic lottery!
     Electrolysis:       $20,000+
     GRS:                 $19,300
     HRT:                 $Free now with insurance. First 6 years close to $12,000
     Hair Transplant-Female Hairline:    $7800

Future Expenses for FFS:      Consultation Estimate with Dr Speigle $54,000

I don't consider clothing or accessories as a trans related cost as those would be things I would have spent money on regardless of my transition.

Started HRT Nov 2007
Full Time September 2009
GCS With Dr Brassard May 2017

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2020, 11:58:08 am »
So many expenses; I thought I'd just need HRT and that's it.  :embarrassed:

Offline WishnHopeN

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2020, 10:26:17 pm »
Advice:  DO NOT buy a lot of jewelry, shoes, and clothes.  I got TONS of peep toe zip up booties only to find out I hate them so then I bought all kinds of closed toe.  I got a LOT of wrong silhouette clothing before I found the silhouette that I love.  Thankfully, I didn't go too crazy with jewelry, makeup, and handbags.  Luckily I had stuff from before going full time that are perfect for life full time.

Laser hair removal thousands but I did it over a ten year period.
The new face, around $150,000.00 with Dr. Spiegel but I went a little overboard here and there.
Therapy, twice a month, $15 copay.
Hormones, tiny copay.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Direct Financial costs of mtf transitioning
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2020, 06:47:07 am »
What is the current price range for an orchi?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2020, 05:29:08 pm »
I'm guessing that my transition cost in total around $60k. That's for what was not covered at the time I transitioned which was absolutely nothing. Keep in mind that my costs were around the early 2000s so that's a long time ago and probably not relevant anymore. I had to pay for my own therapy, blood work, HRT, endo appointments for a long long time out of my own pocket.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2020, 06:59:37 am »
Any cost updates?

Has the COVID19 environment caused prices to rise or fall or stay the same, such as for laser?  Perhaps if fewer people are going to many businesses, prices have gone done to increase business?  I see lots of GROUPON deals for electrolysis and laser treatments.

Chrissy

Tags: