Poll

Do you prefer to wear female clothes that are more loose or more snug?

I prefer the looser fit, such as an A-line skirt or a comfy oversized sweater
10 (18.5%)
I prefer the body-hugging snug fit, such as a pencil skirt, yoga pants, or skinny jeans.
26 (48.1%)
I always prefer comfort, but it does not matter if they are more form-fitting or not
16 (29.6%)
I wear whatever is clean and matches
1 (1.9%)
I do not wear female clothing
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Do you prefer to wear female clothes that are more loose or more snug?  (Read 2826 times)

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Do you prefer to wear female clothes that are more loose or more snug?
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2020, 08:11:36 am »
I basically paint my clothes on. But I'm also from Boston, so there's frequently a hoodie involved over the tight stuff.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2020, 10:08:16 am »
I enjoyed wearing form fitting juniors clothes over the summer. 
During the winter I've been wearing tight fitting layers to stay warm.

Marion

Bulk is better for warmth, which is why adventurers who climb Everest look like Stay-Puft marshmallow people. Bulk traps air.

Offline mm

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:53 am »
Oldandcreaky, it is nice to have a small chest size as one can a bigger variety of clothes. Must be nice to only need to wear a bra a few days a year.

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2020, 12:07:24 pm »
I switched to slim women's stretch jeans a year ago and haven't gone back. I wear them in male mode at work.

I had a meltdown last week and put them away, but the men's jeans were so stiff and bulky, and the boxer shorts so floppy and sweaty that I've gone back to the women's.

I have some form fitting tops that I love. I wear them to my weightlifting class at the gym (which is 80% women). They emphasize my breast-like pecs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:43 pm »
Barbie,  You look amazing in everything!!!  Thank you for sharing your pics.

~~Michelle

Thanks! Michelle. I like taking and posting photos of myself and others.

Bulk is better for warmth, which is why adventurers who climb Everest look like Stay-Puft marshmallow people. Bulk traps air.

So true! Long skirts are surprisingly warm in winter. I could understand why soldiers wore a trench coat in winter.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2020, 01:20:17 pm »
Looser lately.  Don't know if its making me look smaller, but I like to think so

Hoodies for sure.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2020, 01:42:09 pm »
I admit I have recently liked wearing more clingy form-fitting tops that tend to draw attention to my developing breasts.  I really do not want to downplay them anymore. 

But, I still do when out.

Chrissy
Something changed when I noticed a little change on top.  Before, i was wearing bras and padded tops all the time, often very obvious.  Like I was making a statement to strangers.
This seems to have stopped,. Maybe Im feeling some little confidence in my actual shape and so not enhancing.

My usual routine is get ready, look ok in the mirror from a couple angles, and then cover it all up when I go out so noone sees..
A couple times I've been bravely down to a t-shirt and thought i noticed some attentuon. Yes I liked this.  Even the part where I discreetly put the layers and barriers back on if a guy creeps me out ;)
(Big shirt, coat, pillow, piece of  furniture, another person, I make do)

Offline Heather A

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2020, 03:15:53 pm »
I currently prefer wearing tight or form fitting clothes, but this might be me rebelling from years of wearing baggy men's clothing.  I do like to wear a hoodie or jacket that is a little loser for warmth during the colder winter days.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2020, 05:02:56 pm »
I wore a loose floral top today with a long sleeve crop top underneath for warmth.  The combo worked well for staying warm in the office.  No danger of being confused with baggy men's clothing.  :D

Marion

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2020, 07:46:25 pm »
I'm a combo clothes wearer. I wear form fitting jeans, sometimes skinny. I usually have a loose shirt because my breasts are pretty tender lately so I don't like anything compressing them and creating an ache.

When I go out I usually have on a tight mini-skirt and a loose top for dancing (back in the days when you could go out!)

When I'm bumming around the house, like on quarantine, I'm in very loose baggy sweatpants and a tee shirt, throw my hair in a pony and I'm all set to veg out and do absolutely nothing!

Good health everyone,

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2020, 08:07:41 pm »
Depends on what I'm doing and where, of anywhere I'm going.  If I will be with my sisters, i’ll tighten up my outfit.  If I'm hanging around doing nothing or going to be in mixed company, i’ll wear loser fitting stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2020, 09:51:02 am »
Depends on what I'm doing and where, of anywhere I'm going.  If I will be with my sisters, i’ll tighten up my outfit.  If I'm hanging around doing nothing or going to be in mixed company, i’ll wear loser fitting stiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds so practical. 
There are some female styles that I have not embraced yet, the variety is plentiful.  Maybe one day I will move more towards the figure hugging styles.  But first, I need the figure.  :)

Chrissy

Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2020, 11:07:01 am »

That sounds so practical. 
There are some female styles that I have not embraced yet, the variety is plentiful.  Maybe one day I will move more towards the figure hugging styles.  But first, I need the figure.  :)

Chrissy
I think it’s a balance for me - now I actually have some boobs and I’ve lost 36% of my body weight compared to 4 years ago then sometimes figure hugging within reason (i’m pre op so still self conscious a little - today’s is loose on top but skinny jeans

I opened the door and the light shone in
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:02:33 pm by Pammie »

Offline RobynD

• Family
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2020, 12:26:20 pm »
Since I began my transition, I've always preferred skinny/body-conforming clothes. I'm more comfortable in them, and I do admit being influenced by the industry mantra on this ... ie " Most people wear clothes that fit them too loosely". I can't say that I disagree there. Still, you have to wear what you are comfortable in, your dress for you, nobody else.

Living in the PNW means you have cooler weather much of the year, Probably 2 days a week I wear skinny dresses with boots and stockings or tights, about five days a week I wear skinny jeans. In the warmest months, I often go for sandals during the day. It's been my style for years, I have become predictable :)

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2020, 03:04:56 pm »
I like to wear tight jeans and short-shorts.  Also fairly snub tank-tops.  But also paired with loose shirts, jackets and hoodies.  Tight below, loose on top.

I am lucky to have a girlish bottom and shapely, toned legs.  Now if I can just loose a little muscle mass from up top...

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2020, 07:24:19 am »
Oldandcreaky, it is nice to have a small chest size as one can a bigger variety of clothes. Must be nice to only need to wear a bra a few days a year.

It's the best! Plus, when I do don a bra, it's like a border collie that goes out and masses the sheep, making the flock that much more impressive.

And then, when I doff it, I can say, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, free at last!"

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2020, 08:38:43 am »
I think the bottom line is to wear what you like, what is appropriate for the situation, and what is comfortable.  Of course, if your clothing choice helps you look very nice, that is also an important  consideration.

It is certainly a personal choice.

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Sometimes Alice

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2020, 10:09:13 am »
Maybe one day I will move more towards the figure hugging styles.  But first, I need the figure.  :)

Hmm, I know the feeling there! Once I finally shift my old "beer belly" I'll be feeling a lot more confident in tighter clothing. Right now I'm chilling out at home with an old band T-shirt (not tight but not huge) and a skater style skirt - I prefer skirts and dresses to be a little more flowing at the bottom. Hopefully once things start to get back to normal I may finally become brave enough to venture out somewhere!

Alice  :)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2020, 08:51:19 am »
I tried on some figure hugging jeans this week.
One interesting observation I had was that I did not like the tight fit,
and my “package” in the front was quite restrained.  Not comfortable at all!

However, I did notice that my curves were enhanced nicely.
I say this was because the jeans may have lifted my rear slightly, making them stick out more in the back.  That caused some rear end shifting and it looked liked my hips were maybe an inch wider on both sides when I looked into the mirror.  I am not really fat down there so I was surprised. 

I still do not think that I want to sacrifice comfort just to achieve more convincing
feminine curves.  But, I am often buying clothes that are comfortable AND tend to
give the appearance of more curves. 

Chrissy

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2020, 10:04:13 am »
I prefer comfortable clothes, but change it up for the situation.  My bottoms tend to be snug, as I like the look that I get from leggings, capris and skinny jeans more than skirts.  Tops tend to be looser- I like tees and blouses that can kinda drape down and hide the beer belly. Anything that is taut across my belly triggers, and gets promptly returned.

If I'm going fancy it's the opposite. I'll put on a shaper and a dress, and I'll be snug up top and loose below!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Tags: