Author Topic: Does anyone like to wear clothing with flower patterns?  (Read 2238 times)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Does anyone like to wear clothing with flower patterns?
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2020, 08:32:32 am »
One of my favorite blouses is a flower pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be so pretty.  :)  :)
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2020, 10:16:08 am »
Yes! Yes! Yes! I love flower prints.

On my first day full time, I will be wearing a flowery something. Because...why not?  :icon_flower:

So now that I am 19 months into transition I have to revise my statement above...

Florals are no-go.

Prints in general are no good. Prints make my long torso look bigger. In other words, sadly, florals don’t look cute on me. I have also noticed that women with a body type similar to mine also tend to avoid florals and prints of any kind and tend to stick to solid colors.

So no florals for me...at least not right now.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2020, 02:27:07 pm »
So now that I am 19 months into transition I have to revise my statement above...

Florals are no-go.

Prints in general are no good. Prints make my long torso look bigger. In other words, sadly, florals don’t look cute on me. I have also noticed that women with a body type similar to mine also tend to avoid florals and prints of any kind and tend to stick to solid colors.

Sarah
Sarah

That makes me sad for you.

I fully understand what your saying. Yet one of the things I like about being a woman is the ability to have some fun with my clothing and not have people wonder about me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2020, 02:01:05 pm »

Florals are no-go.

Sarah

I'm sorry to hear that, Sarah. :(

Floral prints are really hit and miss with me.
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Haley Conner

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2020, 02:28:50 pm »
I generally don't like things that have too busy of a pattern, including paisley, although there are the rare exceptions.

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2020, 05:02:34 pm »
I sometimes wear this in summer. I vainly wish I look like a teen, but I do not care what others think. No blame yet, but my wife and kids say it is too short. Now I have two fashion inspectors every morning when I am about to go out, my wife and daughter. Sometimes it helps.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline barbie

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2020, 08:04:17 pm »
Yesterday I tried to look mature and conservative.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2020, 01:43:18 am »
I'm sorry to hear that, Sarah. :(

Floral prints are really hit and miss with me.

Hardly ever miss.  They're very difficult to resist actually :)

Offline barbie

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2020, 02:38:53 pm »
Another skirt with a flower pattern.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2020, 06:11:48 pm »

Florals are no-go.

Sarah

Does it matter if the cloth is a light tint versus a darker shade?

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2020, 08:11:13 pm »
Unfortunately, no. It’s all a big blob on me, even if it is a dark background.

Florals are supposed to be cute and elegant, but it just doesn’t look elegant on me.

I have to stick to dark solids. This is what pretty much every woman who has my build opts to do. I’ll give a celebrity example: Jennifer Garner (especially mom-body Jennifer Garner) has a build very similar to mine. If you look at what she wears, she stays away from patterns for the most part and sticks to neutrals and blues. There are other lesser-known people whose fashion choices I follow who are all tall and have that same body body type. I have lookbooks of ten of these women in Pinterest, so I have analyzed the heck out of this. And the answer is that most of them, most of the time elect to go with this fashion approach.

Sarah

Does it matter if the cloth is a light tint versus a darker shade?

Chrissy
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline barbie

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2020, 02:07:06 am »
Today I am wearing another floral skirt.

Cheers,

barbie~~

Just do it.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2020, 06:22:38 pm »
I love the flowers but I bought a cute femme polo style shirt that is in a simple, solid color.

The flowers will wait for a future purchase.  Perhaps a nice skirt with a many small flowers print?

:)

Chrissy