Author Topic: Anyone on hrt but not transitioning?  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Kirsteneklund7

• Family
  • STRENGTH THROUGH VULNERABILITY
Re: Anyone on hrt but not transitioning?
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 05:03:06 am »
So, when you guys are on HRT and not transitioning, do you do it yourselves? I mean, aren't there doctors controlling your hormone levels and all that? Do they allow it?
I started HRT in 2015 and still havent transitioned. If you tell the prescribing doctor you simply gain relief from the dysphoria, enjoy your life and like having breasts they will be satisfied.

I had to explain to the doctor that without HRT the GD, angst, anxiety unease and depression is a problem. HRT alone is almost a cure.

I think for FTM the HRT often feels like a cure as well, but the masculising effects are often hard to miss.

Kind regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !

Offline AnneK

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 05:46:42 am »
So, when you guys are on HRT and not transitioning, do you do it yourselves? I mean, aren't there doctors controlling your hormone levels and all that? Do they allow it?

I had no problem.  I told my doctor I wanted feminizing hormones, was referred to an endocrinologist and got the prescription, entirely above board.  This process is called "informed consent".

Getting HRT and fully transitioning are 2 entirely different things and many find HRT is all they need.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 06:53:03 am »
In some places if you tell your doctor you're not planning on transitioning they won't give you hrt.

Offline Alex123

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 05:08:20 am »
I’m in the camp that uses HRT to counter dysphoria and it does the job well.  Over the last 3 years the physical changes have been significant and they are very hard to disguise (and also requires vigilance in public).  I also NEVER take my top off in public.  Much easier at home where I can relax.

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 09:40:28 pm »
I was good for 3 years, but it got bad after 5, and I give up after 10. I can't do this anymore.

I'll be transitioning.

Offline Kirsteneklund7

• Family
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »
I was good for 3 years, but it got bad after 5, and I give up after 10. I can't do this anymore.

I'll be transitioning.
That is huge news! I wish you the very best with it.

Out of anyone on Susans, your take on transition is very valuable. I would personally love to hear your story as you go.

Kind regards,  Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 12:35:05 am »
That is huge news! I wish you the very best with it.

Out of anyone on Susans, your take on transition is very valuable. I would personally love to hear your story as you go.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I'm going to say much. I've already left a lot out over the last few years and I'm tempted to stop posting entirely. Or I may just go totally public like some of the others here. This closet thing it getting to me and I kind of want to just blow it up.

There also some disturbing things going on in Sydney with doctors here and I'm thinking of taking a more much more active and visible role.

Offline Kirsteneklund7

• Family
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 12:49:30 am »
Thanks, but I'm not sure I'm going to say much. I've already left a lot out over the last few years and I'm tempted to stop posting entirely. Or I may just go totally public like some of the others here. This closet thing it getting to me and I kind of want to just blow it up.

There also some disturbing things going on in Sydney with doctors here and I'm thinking of taking a more much more active and visible role.
Interesting! I if I couldnt access HRT here in Darwin I would end up in dire straights.

Transition doesnt suit me right now but I suspect I will have to in the end.

HRT policy in Sydney is probably a few years ahead of elswhere. I hope HRT remains accessible.

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 03:29:43 am »
HRT policy in Sydney is probably a few years ahead of elswhere. I hope HRT remains accessible

It was great, but Hayes stopped practicing and it's taken a giant leap backwards. You can still get hrt easily enough, but not what I need. There's lots of people panicking here.

bittydrew

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
I'm older 63 and hopefully gonna go the route of taking hrt but don't think I could completely do a transition cause of the time in surgery it takes but seem to accept it also  just started counseling just want to feel more female I guess and have a thing to get breast and heck with anyone that can't accept if I grow breast whats wrong with a male having breast anyway just societys  problem with it not mine

Offline SarahJaneSmith

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2019, 03:25:43 pm »
I'm in the non-transitioning camp for now. I have mentioned before that I suffer from transient obsessive phases that last between three and four months. If I'm still intent on HRT by February I will start it. But I'm not likely to fully transition.  Feminizing myself is as far as I would go.

Online Pammie

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2019, 04:25:02 pm »
I'm in the non-transitioning camp for now. I have mentioned before that I suffer from transient obsessive phases that last between three and four months. If I'm still intent on HRT by February I will start it. But I'm not likely to fully transition.  Feminizing myself is as far as I would go.
It will be interesting to see how you feel after a few months on HRT.
In terms of fully transitioning your body changes will make it very hard for you to continue presenting Male I would expect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Pammie

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2019, 04:27:36 pm »
I'm older 63 and hopefully gonna go the route of taking hrt but don't think I could completely do a transition cause of the time in surgery it takes but seem to accept it also  just started counseling just want to feel more female I guess and have a thing to get breast and heck with anyone that can't accept if I grow breast whats wrong with a male having breast anyway just societys  problem with it not mine
Mm, I suspect the concept might sound better than the reality - Male with breasts would get a lot of negativity that would be tough to handle

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2019, 07:47:59 pm »
Yeah,  but it’s a ymmv thing like everything else.  14 months in, the changes are subtle for me.  I mean yes,  I can’t go swimming in public anymore without a rash guard and sports bra/swimsuit underneath,  but my breasts (38 band, 43 chest on a good day) are more than manageable on a daily basis at work.  I don’t have any immediate plans to transition,  but going on HRT has been a life saver for me mentally.  Of course,  my spouse was fully aware ahead of time... some rather obvious changes to anyone you are intimate with.

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2019, 08:26:23 pm »
It was useful for me to read this thread, to know others are on hrt but not transitioning. I don't think that not transitioning will hold off my dysphoria, but it's very difficult for me to think about presenting at the time. I don't know, but I like knowing that others have managed to live while allowing feminization with hrt but didn't feel like they had to present right away or ever.

I don't know what I'm going to do, but at least I'll keep feminizing for now.

Offline SarahJaneSmith

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 11:22:41 pm »
It will be interesting to see how you feel after a few months on HRT.
In terms of fully transitioning your body changes will make it very hard for you to continue presenting Male I would expect

I am indeed wondering what will happen to me after a few months of HRT. For one thing I don't wish to become impotent. I need to continue having erections and satisfying my wife.

And due to massive weight loss ten years ago I have had gynecomastia surgery so I am very curious to see if any actual breast growth is even still possible.

As for presenting male, I think I will always read male no matter what. The other day at my daughter's gymnastics gym I saw one trans woman waiting for her kid and she didn't really pass. I think I'm going to be kind of in the same category. I wanted to strike up a conversation with her as a fellow Trans but I've never been in that situation where I'd say "Oh, a fellow trans person!" Because that would immediately be like saying "You don't pass" and I would HATE to do that to one of us...

Online Pammie

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2019, 05:54:05 am »
I am indeed wondering what will happen to me after a few months of HRT. For one thing I don't wish to become impotent. I need to continue having erections and satisfying my wife.

And due to massive weight loss ten years ago I have had gynecomastia surgery so I am very curious to see if any actual breast growth is even still possible.

As for presenting male, I think I will always read male no matter what. The other day at my daughter's gymnastics gym I saw one trans woman waiting for her kid and she didn't really pass. I think I'm going to be kind of in the same category. I wanted to strike up a conversation with her as a fellow Trans but I've never been in that situation where I'd say "Oh, a fellow trans person!" Because that would immediately be like saying "You don't pass" and I would HATE to do that to one of us...
Gosh that’s a difficult situation - I can’t imagine being trans MTF and having sex as a man - sounds awful

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2019, 07:43:28 am »
I have been on hormones since august and I lost most desire to transition. I even asked for my estrogen dose to be lowered to slow down the physical changes all while keeping the mental changes.
Julie

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2019, 07:45:38 am »
Gosh that’s a difficult situation - I can’t imagine being trans MTF and having sex as a man - sounds awful

One reason I can never have a relationship with my current genitals.
Julie

Online Pammie

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2019, 09:00:16 am »
One reason I can never have a relationship with my current genitals.
100% agree!

Tags: