Author Topic: Anyone on hrt but not transitioning?  (Read 4828 times)

GordonG

Re: Anyone on hrt but not transitioning?
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2019, 02:51:15 pm »
I've been on HRT for 14 months now, and I still don't want to fully transition. I wouldn't pass in a million years, but that is not THE reason for not transitioning. I've never had the desire to do it. I've gotten a little bit of breast growth, but nothing that stands out in a crowd so to speak.  I'll keep on presenting as male for the rest of my life.

Offline Renee.D

• Kindness and Confidence are infectious!
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2019, 04:23:01 pm »
As for presenting male, I think I will always read male no matter what. The other day at my daughter's gymnastics gym I saw one trans woman waiting for her kid and she didn't really pass. I think I'm going to be kind of in the same category. I wanted to strike up a conversation with her as a fellow Trans but I've never been in that situation where I'd say "Oh, a fellow trans person!" Because that would immediately be like saying "You don't pass" and I would HATE to do that to one of us...

I know everyone views these types of situations differently, I go to Florida for a yearly work trip. One year that I was there I noticed one of the ladies that spoke and owns her own company looked like she may possibly be transgender. She had a fantastic voice and looks very similar to a cis-female I know in the town where I live. I desperately wanted to talk to her and be like "Hey, I'm like you! Let's talk! I need guidance and support." Instead, I introduced myself to her and had a few friendly conversations with her over the course of the next few days.

After this trip is when I really began coming to terms with my inner self. I was really struggling and decided that the next year when I went to the conference I would talk to her and tell her what I was struggling with. I desperately needed to talk to someone that could understand and help prepare me for what I knew lied ahead.

Sure enough, she was there again. I spoke at the conference that year right before her. We both ended up in the party suite that afternoon and I decided that I was going to take a chance. I told her I remembered her from last year and she told me she enjoyed my talk. I asked her if she would be willing to listen to something personal I was dealing with and thought she might be able to help me with. She was so friendly and told me she would love to talk!

We went to a corner of the room and I started the conversation. I started by saying that I had a personal question to ask if she wouldn't mind. She told me to ask away. I said, "Please don't be offended, but I need someone to talk to and I was wondering if you are transgender?" She responded pleasantly that yes she was. I told her "So am I!" She said, "Wow man! you pass really well!" I responded, "Actually I'm a transwoman who has not started transitioning!" I swear to God she almost dropped her cup! She got so excited.

She told me to hold on because she was going to grab us a bottle of Sake and we could go to her room and talk. We drank the whole bottle and talked all night. We missed the provided dinner and one of her partners and knocked at the door at one time to let us know we were missing all sorts of activities. We went down to the Hotel Diner close to Midnight and ate dinner together. She told me her life story and her transition story. For the first time in my life, I felt seen and accepted and like I finally had true girl talk!

Because I was able to talk to this wonderful woman about what I was going through I had the ability to hang on a little longer until I could begin transitioning. We still stay in touch and it is great!
Being honest with ourselves and realizing that it is either possible or probable that people will clock as as trans is a good thing. I for one wouldn't miss out on being able to switch places and be there for someone who might be hanging on by a thread! There is an old saying "It takes one to know one!" I am able to clock people that are trans much better than my wife or friends. I don't out them to others or think any less of them. I have both passed and been clocked. IT is what it is.

I say if you feel like you want to be friends with this lady, be friendly. You don't have to start off talking about being trans. And you can always tell her that you are transgender before you say anything to her about being transgender. You just have to feel it out. In my instance, if I felt this lady at the conference would be offended about me asking her about herself I would have just switched around the order in which I started and finished our first conversation!

Good luck with your journey, sister!
Renee
She believed she could so she did!

GordonG

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2019, 07:21:53 pm »
You are so lucky that it went well. What would you have done it she said "no" and was very offended by your comment?

Offline AJ

• AJ
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2019, 11:02:34 am »
The title of this post called my attention... I read all the replies, but still don't understand what this is about.

Isn't HRT the hormone treatment for transitioning? How can you take hormones and not transition? Your body changes due to the hormones... right? And why would you take hormones if you don't want to transition?

I'm not criticizing. I'm genuinely trying to understand. Never heard about this before. If someone could please explain it to me...

My goal was to shut down the testosterone and I needed estradiol for brain, heart and bone health.
I spent 5.5 decades of my life hurting myself and that had to stop.
I hated testosterone as it was the root cause of my dysphoria.
I’m 66 now and while I could be a decent looking older woman, I like the advantages of presenting male.
I built my life and family connections as male and I only want to go as far in my transition as I need to stop hurting myself. I also like that for me, I am female underneath my clothes.
So now I’m and actor, during the day I play a male, but at night I am a superhero girl who wants to live and no longer hurt herself.
AJ

GordonG

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2019, 12:05:59 pm »
My goal was to shut down the testosterone and I needed estradiol for brain, heart and bone health.
I spent 5.5 decades of my life hurting myself and that had to stop.
I hated testosterone as it was the root cause of my dysphoria.
I’m 66 now and while I could be a decent looking older woman, I like the advantages of presenting male.
I built my life and family connections as male and I only want to go as far in my transition as I need to stop hurting myself. I also like that for me, I am female underneath my clothes.
So now I’m and actor, during the day I play a male, but at night I am a superhero girl who wants to live and no longer hurt herself.
AJ

I could have written 98% of that post myself. I too like being without T and I really like the E.

Online Pammie

Anyone on hrt but not transitioning?
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2019, 03:16:09 pm »
I could have written 98% of that post myself. I too like being without T and I really like the E.
It’s hard to understand trans women who like presenting Male (as opposed to those who cannot transition yet but really want to) - it does feel like an anachronism to me but hey, as we always say we are all on individual journeys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bittydrew

• Friend
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2019, 04:37:37 pm »
For me I'm gonna transition as much as I can I already in womens clothes not dresses yet just can't find any that don't make me look pregnant taking hrt for 3mths and breast are growing and I don't care what anyone thinks it fits me just fine love them wife is fine with everything so are the kids just probably cant do the bottom surgery cause of other problems but seems like it don't bother me either so will be looking like a female with just one difference and seems to fit me fine....

GordonG

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2019, 05:25:30 pm »
It’s hard to understand trans women who like presenting Male (as opposed to those who cannot transition yet but really want to) - it does feel like an anachronism to me but hey, as we always say we are all on individual journeys

I don't really consider myself to be a "trans woman". That is where your disconnect is happening. Besides, who says that I like presenting as male 100%. I don't. Hence I sometimes like to wear a skirt, women's shirt, and hosiery.

I think of myself as more of a feminine male, trans-feminine, or possibly gender-fluid. Actually I think there isn't a term that I could use that would adequately describe myself so that others would fully understand. Heck, I don't fully understand it myself.

If there were some different conditions in my life, body and outlook, then I probably would fully transition.

Offline Sarah-Red

• Love <3
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2019, 05:43:51 pm »
I don't really consider myself to be a "trans woman". That is where your disconnect is happening. Besides, who says that I like presenting as male 100%. I don't. Hence I sometimes like to wear a skirt, women's shirt, and hosiery.

I think of myself as more of a feminine male, trans-feminine, or possibly gender-fluid. Actually I think there isn't a term that I could use that would adequately describe myself so that others would fully understand. Heck, I don't fully understand it myself.

If there were some different conditions in my life, body and outlook, then I probably would fully transition.

That makes sense, I was thinking you might be transfeminine or non-binary at least.

This might not be the right place to ask, but how do you sport a woman's shirt? Do you shave your body (or where skin shows) and then that's good enough?

GordonG

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2019, 06:04:14 pm »
That makes sense, I was thinking you might be transfeminine or non-binary at least.

This might not be the right place to ask, but how do you sport a woman's shirt? Do you shave your body (or where skin shows) and then that's good enough?

Not a problem.

I do not consider "hairy" as being a feminine trait in the least. So, yes I do shave my whole body except eyebrows. I've had electrolysis done on my ears, torso and back. Not that I had a lot anyhow, and being on E has reduced it quite a bit. I've thought about having my face done, but haven't gone there yet. I'm retired now, so the money would be an issue. My beard is gray, so it doesn't show as much as it used to.

Now if I win the lottery, I will have the face done. I just love the feeling to smooth hair free skin.

Tags: