Author Topic: Rhinoplasty Revision  (Read 329 times)

Offline Debra

• Princess
  • Family
  • 35F living life
    • Transitioning Past
Rhinoplasty Revision
« on: December 24, 2018, 11:58:12 am »
So I'd been planning this for a while but I had a rhinoplasty revision with my doctor this month.

A year ago, I had my 1 year post-op appointment and I wasn't sure if I really needed or wanted a revision. It's true the nose wasn't shaped quite as I'd wanted it to be and the doctor agreed that there was a slight bump before the tip....which ends up keeping it from having that pleasing ski slope look. Even still, I wasn't sure I wanted to go through an excessive surgery again just for a small bump when FFS in general had a huge impact on my confidence.

I think I was convinced by two things. One, the doctor was wlling to do the revision for free (which means he waives his fees but I still would pay hospital and anesthesia fees) and two, he claimed the recovery would be much easier. So we scheduled it for this month and I scheduled the proper time off and found myself in San Francisco again in December.

The surgery went well. He said he took out mostly scar tissue (but a little bit more cartilage as well) and that has led us to believe that he should have had me taping my nose for the recovery of the last surgery 2 years ago. So this time, I'm taping my nose for a month and I may even keep taping it at night for another month after that.

I'm almost at 2 weeks post-op now and feeling pretty good about the results. Between FFS, hair transplants, and this over the last 3 years, I'm feeling like it'd be nice to not have any more surgeries for a while (if ever?) haha.

Offline Kendra

Re: Rhinoplasty Revision
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:41:32 pm »
Debra that's great news.  Sounds like you are on track for a nice result, and your surgeon didn't charge for the revision.  Hospital fees are separate and involve staff and facilities so it's understandable to have to pay for that portion. 

> So this time, I'm taping my nose for a month and I may even keep taping it at night for another month after that.

And I had thought tapes were replaced by digital recording these days.  ;)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 

Offline Debra

• Princess
  • Family
  • 35F living life
    • Transitioning Past
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 02:39:50 pm »
And I had thought tapes were replaced by digital recording these days.  ;)

LOL I see what you did there ;) Not gonna put a DVD on my nose, that's for sure!

Yeah fee-wise it was all good. Recovery wasn't too bad either.

Offline Ricki Wright

• Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 12:11:44 am »
Well, it makes sense. Tape is magnetic which makes you more....attractive!

<hides>

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18