Author Topic: What is your favorite kind(s) of pie?  (Read 1261 times)

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: What is your favorite kind(s) of pie?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 06:25:59 pm »
It is time this week for some pumpkin pie.

Chrissy

While Pumpkin Pie is always a standard menu item for Thanksgiving....  I also like to include Pecan Pie for the holiday times too.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 06:27:28 pm »
While Pumpkin Pie is always a standard menu item for Thanksgiving....  I also like to include Pecan Pie for the holiday times too.
@NorthernStarGirl

Yes, it is easy to go nuts over pecan pie.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 06:29:03 pm »
@ChrissyRyan

... and for my tastes.... Cherry Pie is always a favorite.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 06:29:39 pm »
@ChrissyRyan

... and for my tastes.... Cherry Pie is always a favorite.

Cherry pie is an excellent choice.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 06:31:43 pm »
Cherry pie is an excellent choice.

Chrissy

In the summertime when I can get fresh peaches (they are very expensive here in Alaska) I love
to make a Peach Pie...
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2020, 06:32:42 pm »
I enjoy fresh whole berry strawberry pie.

Chrissy

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2020, 06:36:05 pm »
I enjoy fresh whole berry strawberry pie.

Chrissy

Wild Blackberry pie   
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2020, 06:37:49 pm »
Wild Blackberry pie   

I never had that kind of sweet pie.

I enjoy blueberry pie.

Chrissy

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2020, 06:42:05 pm »
I never had that kind of sweet pie.

I enjoy blueberry pie.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Wild Blackberry pie is as sweet as you want to make it....
I prefer the Wild Blackberry pie that I make to be very slightly tart.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2020, 06:44:08 pm »
Tart cherry pies are good too.

Really good cherries seem to come from Washington and Michigan.

Chrissy

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2020, 06:45:09 pm »

Chrissy

I would rather have a slightly tart fruit pie than one that is way too sweet.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2020, 06:45:49 pm »
I would rather have a slightly tart fruit pie than one that is way too sweet.

Agreed.

Chrissy

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2020, 06:49:15 pm »
Let's not forget about Apple Pie .... so appropriate anytime.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 06:52:28 pm »
Let's not forget about Apple Pie .... so appropriate anytime.

Yes, and the varieties of such apple pies... such as Dutch Apple, lattice apple pies, etc.
The Fuji apple seems to be quite good in such pies.

Chrissy

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 06:59:09 pm »
I've been going pie happy recently-

My mom got more apples than she could eat as part of her "Farms to Families" box- so I've been making Apple Pies out of them!  Before the Apple Pies I made a tart Cherry Pie, and have all my supplies in hand for a Pumpkin Pie!  Then my mom calls up yesterday and says that my Aunt sent a whole box of fresh pecans!  Looks like I'll be putting the kids into nut shelling mode, as I love Pecan Pie!

Hugs!

Caela.

My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 07:06:13 pm »
I've been going pie happy recently-

My mom got more apples than she could eat as part of her "Farms to Families" box- so I've been making Apple Pies out of them!  Before the Apple Pies I made a tart Cherry Pie, and have all my supplies in hand for a Pumpkin Pie!  Then my mom calls up yesterday and says that my Aunt sent a whole box of fresh pecans!  Looks like I'll be putting the kids into nut shelling mode, as I love Pecan Pie!

Hugs!

Caela.

Yes, we can go nuts over pecan pie.  Enjoy that pie too!

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:06 pm »
Cherry rhubarb pie, which I make once a year during the summer fresh fresh produce (along with my cherry rhubarb compote, which I freeze to use for months later...sadly, I'm all out of cherry rhubarb compote already).

The cherry/rhubarb combination is the best of both worlds: sweet AND tart! 100% recommend.

Honorable mention: marionberry pie. I love marionberries...sadly, not available on the East Coast of the USA, because Oregonians eat all the marionberries. If I'm ever in Portland, I try to pick up a can of marionberry pie filling from the store to take home...and pray that the can doesn't break in my bag.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 07:32:13 pm »

Chrissy

The best cherries are the Rainier cherries from Washington (I think they have started growing them in Michigan as well). But those are more for eating - too sweet for pie.

When I make 100% cherry pie (rare because I prefer cherry/rhubarb - see above), I usually do a mix of sweet and sour cherries.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 09:09:56 pm »
The best cherries are the Rainier cherries from Washington (I think they have started growing them in Michigan as well). But those are more for eating - too sweet for pie.

When I make 100% cherry pie (rare because I prefer cherry/rhubarb - see above), I usually do a mix of sweet and sour cherries.

Sarah

Rainier cherries never even make it close to a pie at our house.  We'll stand around and eat them as fast as we can wash them up!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2020, 09:32:03 pm »
I live in southern USA and every November and December my favorite is pecan pie. But what's strange is what I've come to do with it. The morning after Thanksgiving I like to put a slice of the pie on top my morning bowl of oatmeal. You don't even have to rewarm the pie if you sink it into the hot oats a bit. It's great. I'll be doing that this Friday.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Tags: