Author Topic: What is your favorite kind(s) of pie?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline putaringonit

Re: What is your favorite kind(s) of pie?
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2020, 09:34:25 pm »
Oh that's easy! Pumpking pie!! I love it so much! Hahaha. and my mother makes a delicious apple & cinnamon pie! Shepherd's pie is also one of my faves!

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2020, 10:08:20 pm »
I like TWO kinds of pie....   Hot Pie, and  Cold Pie
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2020, 01:00:46 am »
So has anyone actually tried that baked-bean pecan pie that is making the rounds on Facebook right now?

Caela

My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2020, 05:01:26 am »
I like TWO kinds of pie....   Hot Pie, and  Cold Pie
You forgot re-heated pie!

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2020, 06:05:00 am »
Rainier cherries never even make it close to a pie at our house.  We'll stand around and eat them as fast as we can wash them up!

Caela

Those are the cherries that are multicolored, not solid red?  Bought some on a mountain road in Washington from a fruit stand cellar.  They were all eaten within a day.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2020, 07:48:39 am »
Raspberry pie, sour cherry pie, and Key Lime pie so tart it nearly hurts to eat it.

You can see I like acid.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2020, 08:54:10 pm »
Raspberry pie, sour cherry pie, and Key Lime pie so tart it nearly hurts to eat it.

You can see I like acid.
Yes! This please :-). X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2020, 04:03:08 am »
As long as it has a pastry coat , ANY !!! Beer, steak and stilton or any fruit .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2020, 07:48:55 am »
Savoury: Steak and Stilton pie
Dessert: (more of a cake girl than pie) apple and cinnamon pie

Jessica xx

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2020, 09:01:03 am »
Savoury: Steak and Stilton pie
Dessert: (more of a cake girl than pie) apple and cinnamon pie

Jessica xx

Cinnamon and sugar seem to make lots of things taste good.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2020, 01:44:03 pm »
Yesterday, I chose not to take a leftover slice of Mom's pumpkin pie back home with me, because I really didn't need pie leftovers.

This was a mistake. I now hunger for pumpkin pie.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2020, 02:54:30 pm »
Some people do not like pumpkin pie.  But I like it.   :)

It is good stuff, in moderation!

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2020, 02:56:33 pm »
I read somewhere that when served a slice of pie, such as a slice of apple pie, typically Americans will rotate the plate until the pointy end of the slice points to the person.

Others, from other lands, typically just start eating the pie.

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2020, 03:51:46 pm »
Wait, I do this...except, I kind of point the slice towards to my left shoulder. Because I'm right handed, the pie is therefore pointed at a 90 degree angle for a natural cut of the pie with my fork at the pointy end.

But my question is: how can other people not orient a pie towards them for fluted pie crusts (which are typical for the US)? You would never want to start on the thick, sometimes hard crusty end, right???

Sarah

I read somewhere that when served a slice of pie, such as a slice of apple pie, typically Americans will rotate the plate until the pointy end of the slice points to the person.

Others, from other lands, typically just start eating the pie.

Chrissy
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2020, 05:30:42 pm »
Wait, I do this...except, I kind of point the slice towards to my left shoulder. Because I'm right handed, the pie is therefore pointed at a 90 degree angle for a natural cut of the pie with my fork at the pointy end.

But my question is: how can other people not orient a pie towards them for fluted pie crusts (which are typical for the US)? You would never want to start on the thick, sometimes hard crusty end, right???

Sarah

The diner, without rotating the plate or the pie, simply uses a fork to grab some of the pie slice, likely from the pointy end, then eats.  Regardless which end of their slice points towards the diner, there is not much of a difference of distance for the fork to travel from pie to mouth, nor would it be harder to cut into the pie.  We are talking about inches.

Interesting, this is.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2021, 10:21:14 pm »
I think a nice slice of key lime pie would be great!

Chrissy

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:30 pm »
I think a nice slice of key lime pie would be great!

Chrissy

Apple Pie, Cherry Pie, Peach Pie, Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Coconut Cream Pie ....
and more.....   in that order!!!   
.... With Ice Cream or whipped cream.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2021, 10:29:29 pm »
A strawberry pie with whipped cream sounds good right now too!

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2021, 09:39:14 am »
A strawberry pie with whipped cream sounds good right now too!

Chrissy

There used to be famous restaurant in Baltimore called Haussner’s whose most well-known dish was the strawberry pie, and it would have met your craving perfectly. People who ordered that pie never forgot it, and there are tons of recipes on the web that try to duplicate it. This looks like a pretty good adaptation, although the real thing had a heavy dollop of whipped cream on top.

http://www.kitchenepiphanies.com/mile-high-strawberry-pie/

There are a couple of bakeries in Baltimore that always have strawberry pie on hand for sentimental reasons.

Sarah

----
48 years young.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2021, 09:45:04 am »
There used to be famous restaurant in Baltimore called Haussner’s whose most well-known dish was the strawberry pie, and it would have met your craving perfectly. People who ordered that pie never forgot it, and there are tons of recipes on the web that try to duplicate it. This looks like a pretty good adaptation, although the real thing had a heavy dollop of whipped cream on top.

http://www.kitchenepiphanies.com/mile-high-strawberry-pie/

There are a couple of bakeries in Baltimore that always have strawberry pie on hand for sentimental reasons.

Sarah

Thank you!

Chrissy

Tags: