News and Events > Religious news

Is honesty the best policy?

<< < (4/4)

Gertrude:
Just a question: what’s more important: the relationship with your spouse or church? This has an impact on your decision as you may have to choose depending on which one is more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anne T:

--- Quote from: Gertrude on December 31, 2018, 01:54:08 pm ---Just a question: what’s more important: the relationship with your spouse or church? This has an impact on your decision as you may have to choose depending on which one is more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--- End quote ---

Good question...I'd have to say God, Spouse then church.  Church is really just a part of our relationship with Christ and not the most important part of that relationship. I will never lose my relationship with God nor my spouse. Churches are social and fluid;subject to change. Even belief structures can change within a church over the years.  Walking away from a church will be sad and a loss but it can done. I made a vow to God when I became born again, a made a vow to my spouse when we married but I never made a vow to a church.

Gertrude:

--- Quote from: Anne T on December 31, 2018, 03:14:02 pm ---Good question...I'd have to say God, Spouse then church.  Church is really just a part of our relationship with Christ and not the most important part of that relationship. I will never lose my relationship with God nor my spouse. Churches are social and fluid;subject to change. Even belief structures can change within a church over the years.  Walking away from a church will be sad and a loss but it can done. I made a vow to God when I became born again, a made a vow to my spouse when we married but I never made a vow to a church.

--- End quote ---

My question was between the church and your spouse as those are the two competing interested here. I just think the consequences of choosing the church could lead one down the road of having to throw your spouse under the bus to belong. On the other hand, choosing your spouse may mean moving on to a different church eventually or having to hide as it were, which has it's own consequences. Some people seek social acceptance as their highest or higher goal and some seek relationships with individuals as such. It's up to you.

GingerVicki:
Honesty is always the best policy unless:
1) you are in front of the judge and he or she doesn't know you did it
2) significant other doesn't know you did it
3) the boss doesn't know you did it

just sayin'

Anne T:

--- Quote from: GingerVicki on December 31, 2018, 06:21:14 pm ---Honesty is always the best policy unless:
1) you are in front of the judge and he or she doesn't know you did it
2) significant other doesn't know you did it
3) the boss doesn't know you did it

just sayin'

--- End quote ---

😂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version