General Discussions > Weight loss

Davinas diet (attempt !)

<< < (38/38)

ImAllie:
Hey Davina -

First of all, trying to eat more healthy and mindfully is always a wonderful goal - so continued good luck!

I lost 175 lbs from 400 lbs to 225 (and still going) over the last three years after age 50, with no fad diet, and never depriving myself. I’d done THAT on all my previous attempts and that weight always comes back!

But I think I’ve got things figured out now, and in fact I got a nutrition coaching certification just to make sure I fully understood some of the science behind what I’d put together.

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or just need some moral support.  Happy to help!

But if I can start you with one hugely important bit - weight is not a direct measurement of health, nor of how you  look, nor of how you feel.  Don’t let the scale dictate what you do and how you feel about yourself.

Love,
Allie

davina61:
I am never going to be "slim" but my knees and dodgy ankle will be much better not carrying so many lbs about and I want to fit in the clothes hanging in my closet so 20lb would be nice target.

ImAllie:

--- Quote from: davina61 on January 21, 2022, 04:21:08 pm ---I am never going to be "slim" but my knees and dodgy ankle will be much better not carrying so many lbs about and I want to fit in the clothes hanging in my closet so 20lb would be nice target.

--- End quote ---

Well you’re 50% correct for sure! Losing weight absolutely can and will take pressure off your knees and ankles. It’s like a 4:1 ratio too!  So even losing 10 lbs is like taking 40 lbs of stress off of them!

But as for your clothing fitting? While weight loss can certainly impact that, some light fitness (things your knees and ankle can tolerate) can actually make a marked difference in how clothing fits, especially in conjunction with eating better..even when the number on the scale DOESN’T budge. That’s why I say don’t be beholden to just the scale to measuring your progress.  Good luck!!

davina61:
So not doing very well, the LBs have gone back on. Need to sort myself out mentally to get my act together .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version