Author Topic: The Journey of Katie Ellen  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
  • Will the real me... please stand up!
Re: The Journey of Katie Ellen
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 04:02:06 pm »
Well, looks like I have non displaced rib fracture. Six weeks to heal fully, but it doesn't hurt that bad.

Offline christinej78

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 12:30:59 am »
Well, looks like I have non displaced rib fracture. Six weeks to heal fully, but it doesn't hurt that bad.

Hi Katie,                      30 January 2019

Sorry you had to experience a broken rib. They can be painful. They used to tape you up then they figured out we couldn't breathe properly, which made contracting pneumonia almost inevitable.

Take care of yourself and your Rock; tell her I said Hello. God Bless you both.

Best Always, Love
Chris

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 05:15:24 am »
Hello again Katie

Always wise to have these things checked out. Glad you are not in much pain and hoping the present pain soon subsides and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hugs

Pamela

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 12:31:31 pm »
So I just passed my 9 month mark on HRT. I take estradiol (sublingual) and Finasteride. I'm very careful taking my Estradiol. When I started I took some measurements so that I had a baseline to track my progress. I also took pictures.

I know it's a long process, but I'm starting to get pretty disappointed. The only thing that's changed is I've gained an inch in my bust and maybe a half an inch on my hips. I was on a pretty low dose the first 3 months, but a decent dose since. I do see changes in my face and body hair. Actually, my body hair has pretty much stopped growing and I can go almost 3 days without shaving.

I have my 9 month follow-up and labs coming up in a few weeks. I think my estrogen level will be good, but my testosterone will probably be higher than I'd like. My labs were E 150 and T 362 at 6 months (US).

I feel good with very low dysphoria and I'm usually pretty optimistic. But I'm just starting to feel like this isn't going to work! I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2019, 02:00:44 pm »
So I just passed my 9 month mark on HRT. I take estradiol (sublingual) and Finasteride. I'm very careful taking my Estradiol. When I started I took some measurements so that I had a baseline to track my progress. I also took pictures.

I know it's a long process, but I'm starting to get pretty disappointed. The only thing that's changed is I've gained an inch in my bust and maybe a half an inch on my hips. I was on a pretty low dose the first 3 months, but a decent dose since. I do see changes in my face and body hair. Actually, my body hair has pretty much stopped growing and I can go almost 3 days without shaving.

I have my 9 month follow-up and labs coming up in a few weeks. I think my estrogen level will be good, but my testosterone will probably be higher than I'd like. My labs were E 150 and T 362 at 6 months (US).

I feel good with very low dysphoria and I'm usually pretty optimistic. But I'm just starting to feel like this isn't going to work! I hope I'm wrong.

@Katie Ellen
Dear Katie:
At the risk of me telling you what you may have already heard... here is important stuff for you and anyone no matter where they are in their transition journey.
...here are some of my thoughts as it may relate to what you are going through.

As has been stated over and over here on the Forums... and by me in many of my past comments on various posts, HRT will work uniquely in your own unique body.
What you read about other transitioning members experiences with HRT most likely will not be identical to your own experiences.

Some will experience more significant changes more quickly and then some will experience less significant changes more slowly....   it is all up to your genes and how your body reacts to the HRT.   Your doctor will  undoubtedly be continuing to look at your frequent blood test results during your journey to determine if any alterations in the HRT regimen are needed.

The adage that you have probably already heard regarding HRT and how it may work for various individuals  is "YMMV"  meaning that Your Mileage May Vary.

PATIENCE is definitely required.... usually not much happens very quickly with HRT... but changes will happen.  Do some reading of other transitioners posts and look at many of the posted HRT timelines and the before and after pictures. ....  they can give you a rough idea of what you MIGHT expect.

Many times the very first noticeable changes can be felt and seen within the first 2 to 6 months... breast tenderness, breast bud lumps forming under the nipples and as you mentioned, changes in body hair growth, also your own body and urine smell, changes in erections becoming less intense, libido, etc.

Without a doubt this can be very "EXCITING and SCARY all at the same time."   One needs to hang on for an amazing ride.  Some of my best and most appreciated and dramatic body changes happened at about the 5 month point through the start of year #2 of my HRT journey. 

Regarding your body measurements, it is good that you have established a reference point and even taken some photos for comparison and allowing you to judge your body changes.   As you stated you have already seen gains in your bust and in your hips.  For me, I did not gain a whole lot in my hips but mybreast growth was very good and after 2 years of HRT my breasts were a C-cup.   
Many will achieve an A or a B cup and some transitioners may possibly achieve a C-cup or even a D-cup.
Even though I was able to very successfully pass before I went full-time... when I did go full-time at the 1 1/2 year mark I have been passing 100% of the time.  Of course that is just my experience, I suppose I can thank my body makeup and my genes for all that.

We are here to rejoice with you in the good times and to support you in the not so good times.
One more time.... PATIENCE is required.   The attitude of many people today is "I want it all and I want it now" ... that will not apply to HRT.  You might want to re-read what I just wrote so you can get a good grasp of the details that I mentioned.

Katie, please try to not be disappointed with your progress... things will happen with HRT, but in their own time and in their own ways in your unique body.

I will be looking forward to your continued updates as you feel free to post them.  Please hang in there!
Hugs and well wishes
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 05:08:01 am »
Hello again Katie

I note you are now 9 months HRT and am sorry to see you are feeling down at present.

I saw significant changes after 8 months HRT and continue to do after one year HRT. It could very well be that physical changes may now start to happen for you and I truly hope so but of course no set time can be determined as regards HRT but rest assured changes will ultimately happen.

Good luck with your BT results  - please post them on my new "Comparison 12/13 Month" thread on HRT Board (which incorporates all earlier results). Thanks

More importantly good luck with future HRT changes and hoping they happen in the next quarter.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Offline LizK

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 05:18:14 am »

@Katie Ellen

Hi Katie

Rib fractures can be really annoying and I have only ever had one but it seemed to niggle for ages. I hope yours heals really quickly with no issues
Liz

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 09:03:31 pm »
I have a therapiy session tomorrow. First one in about 6 weeks. I think I'm going to discuss stopping my treatment. 

I don't think this is working!

I wish all of you better luck than I had.

Offline christinej78

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 01:16:10 am »
I have a therapiy session tomorrow. First one in about 6 weeks. I think I'm going to discuss stopping my treatment. 

I don't think this is working!

I wish all of you better luck than I had.

Hi Katie,                       20 February 2019

I'm happy to see you posting again. Your new avatar is fantastic; you are very beautiful.

I am concerned that you are considering stopping your treatment. I'm no expert and I don't try to give advice but will make a suggestion or two.

How about giving yourself more time before discontinuing HRT. If the only thing bothering you is the slow progress, why not wait a few more months. There's also Dysphoria to consider; I don't know what level yours is or was, but if it was there before HRT, it could return if you stop treatment.

I'm between a rock and a hard place, I'm being treated for a DVT and have had to discontinue HRT. I do not like the changes I am seeing in myself. My boobs have diminished, I'm not as carefree as I was when I was on HRT, I don't sleep as well and I don't Pee as well as I did. My "T" has risen and my "E" has dropped. The positive is that I am still on the green side of the lawn and my "T" can't get too high due to my Orchiectomy. Please don't think I am suggesting an orchi because I'm not. This would be a bad time to make a decision to have one because it is irreversible. Time is your ally

If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to PM me. I wish you only the best in life and hope you give careful consideration to whatever decision you make. Tell your wife I said hello and hope and pray she is doing and feeling well.

Best Always, All my Love
Christine

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 12:13:31 pm »
It's been over 2 years since I posted on what was supposed to be my progress log. The last time I posted I was ready to quit my transition. I was on hormones about a year at that time, but I don't remember why I was considering stopping because I've thought about stopping many times. I was thinking of starting this back up just so I can see how much I've changed, even though it doesn't feel like I've changed very much.

For sure my hair has changed and maybe my face a little. Haven't had much luck in the boob department though. This is a photo from 2 years ago and one from today. Coming up on 3 years HRT and will be planning some surgeries in the near future.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2021, 12:43:40 pm »
@Katie Ellen
Dear Katie:
I am so very glad to see that you have returned to posting on the Forums to give all of your readers a much needed update of what is going on in your life....   and new, fresh photos for us to view.  :)  ;)

After your 3 years of HRT, your changes in your appearance are quite obvious to me... please know that each of us can be our own "worst critic" ...   

...of course you may already know that your own progress and results with HRT are very unique to you alone... it is your body and your genes that make the final decisions of how all of that happens. 
They adage here on the Forums is  YMMV ...  Your Mileage May Vary

Of course doctor administered and monitored HRT is a must to allow proper adjustments to dosages and medications that may be best suited for your body as time goes by.

Surgeries are certainly a viable option for some, and for others, perhaps not.   Be certain to obtain all the information that you can... and to have consultations with surgeons and other doctors that can give you all the options and the possible outcomes.

Thank you again for coming back to your blog/thread to again permit your readers and followers to come along with you in your journey.

Along with your other followers I will be eagerly looking for your future updates and other postings around the various Forums topics and threads.

I am wishing you success and happiness as you continue on.

HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Pammie

• Up
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2021, 05:23:47 pm »
It's been over 2 years since I posted on what was supposed to be my progress log. The last time I posted I was ready to quit my transition. I was on hormones about a year at that time, but I don't remember why I was considering stopping because I've thought about stopping many times. I was thinking of starting this back up just so I can see how much I've changed, even though it doesn't feel like I've changed very much.

For sure my hair has changed and maybe my face a little. Haven't had much luck in the boob department though. This is a photo from 2 years ago and one from today. Coming up on 3 years HRT and will be planning some surgeries in the near future.

Like wow! Absolutely gorgeous pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 09:44:53 am »
My journey has many highs and lows. But I'm going to actually try to add some things here that I can come back to that will actually show some progress when I don't feel like I have any.

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2021, 08:45:45 am »
I need to trim my eyebrows, but I'm afraid to. Maybe if I do it gradually?

Offline kkaas

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2021, 10:03:12 pm »
You may never feel comfortable presenting as female in public, but you look passable in your avatar pic. In fact you look very much like an older version of my cis female cousin (she's about 50).
what BlueJaye said! you are beautiful <3

KK
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Wendi

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2021, 09:52:19 am »
Very pretty. I went to a salon and had my eyebrows done. They need it again though.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2021, 12:44:44 pm »
what BlueJaye said! you are beautiful <3

Thank you!

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2021, 12:46:28 pm »
Very pretty. I went to a salon and had my eyebrows done. They need it again though.

Thank you! I know that's what I should do, but I'm still afraid to!!!!

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2021, 12:49:55 pm »
My first side shot in quite a while. After the terrible result a few years ago, I've been afraid to try again.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2021, 01:07:24 pm »
Looking gorgeous Katie!

Tags: