Author Topic: Do you sometimes wear clips/barrettes in your hair to keep it out of your face?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
I can make a bun with a hair extension.

I have ordered several ribbons from AliExpress.com to decorate the bun.

barbie~~
@barbie

Very nice!

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
@barbie

Very nice!

Chrissy

Thanks, Chrissy.

When I was a 6-th grade student in elementary school, a girl always wore a sky-color ribbon. She was so pretty, as I remember. In 40 years thereafter, I had a chance to meet her. I could remember her, but she was no longer pretty, as nobody can escape aging. I was far slimmer than her.

I purchased and tried a similar ribbon that the girl used to wear about 40+ years ago.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Erika_

• Friend
The main hairstyle that I do is done with hairpins, I also have some sensory issues so I try to keep hair out of my face at all times.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
I like butterfly clips and bows for sure.

Chrissy
Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
I think I will wear some bright colored barrettes today.
Plus might make it a fuchsia top and dark blue jeans day.
First, I need to actually get out of bed. 

Yawn!    :)

Chrissy

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Yes, I do use hair clips and hair bands.... but I love to have my hair braided!!
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Yes, I do use hair clips and hair bands.... but I love to have my hair braided!!

I never tried that with my hair.  Braids can look gorgeous and of course very fem.
Maybe if I let it grow out more this would be easier.

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
I worry that my hair is too fragile to braid it. Also, is there an age where braiding kinda seems like weirdo style choice to other women?

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
I worry that my hair is too fragile to braid it. Also, is there an age where braiding kinda seems like weirdo style choice to other women?

Sarah
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I am not certain about the "fragile hair" issues, but the braiding that I like is like a French Braid or a Braided ponytail...  not the super tight braiding like with Cornrows and similar tight braiding.

Hmmm...  if the braids are done nicely I don't see it as being a wierdo style choice at any age to other women.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
I wear hats to manage my hair, but I like hair accessories in other women; I'm just too lazy to fool with it myself.

Offline jaysonderulo

• Visitor
this is why i like short hair :P

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
My hair is getting to a length where it is getting in my face more and more. I didn't realize that when your hair gets long and is a little out of control, you have to be careful when you eat something because there could be a loose hair that goes into your mouth with the food when you eat. I think I need to tie my hair up more often.

So far I still loving soft headbands around the house more than anything else. My hair has gotten the point where I can put it in a bun and it looks ok. Ponytails are very uncomfortable and I'm not good at them yet. I have tried clips, but it just doesn't look good.

Practically speaking, I would prefer short hair, but I look much better with long, somewhat straightened hair.

Sarah
----
47 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: April August 2020 (assuming no more coronavirus-driven rescheduling... :-\)
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
I think it is fun seeing what can be done with your own hair, such as different parting, trying out a little ponytail and a couple of short pigtails, using clips and decorations, and brushing it this way or that way.

I do like a symmetrical look rather one side looking longer.  Some ladies can pull off that asymmetrical look rather well though.

We women are lucky in that we can have so many looks with our hair.  Add to that wigs and that can bring out many more looks!

Chrissy

Tags: