Author Topic: Darn Endocrinologist  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
Re: Darn Endocrinologist
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2019, 07:37:53 pm »
Oh - thought I'd mention how I feel today. It is very different than normal. My wife has tried to initiate several annoying interactions today to see what she could get, but whereas I'd normally have found them very irritating, today not so much. Rather, I've been able to address them without the usual amount of anger that dominates my responses. It's not that I haven't found them annoying but rather that my wrath-o-meter hasn't gone all the way up to eleven like usual.
Spironolactone January 10
Divigel January 20
Estradiol Valerate March 14

Offline JanePlain

• Yes. This prescription is for me.
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2019, 02:59:51 am »
I might not be following this but this sounds exactly like the results of estrogen working.  The 11 anger stuff and in fact the whole male binary emotions.  Angry or nothing translates to a wide range of emotions some very unguy like but that is what you get when estrogen allows your thinking to become clear and you can be actually happy.  Not just "not angry"   Thank God its possible!  I assume you found a supply of the injectable estrogen?

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2019, 01:17:45 pm »
I assume you found a supply of the injectable estrogen?

Sure hope so! Had to switch my Rx to a chain with a wholesaler that had any. Pharmacy said their wholesaler was listing their stock as "intermittently available," so I'm not counting on it being easy to get my next refill, but at least I know now to alert my pharmacist early.
Divigel January 20

Offline JanePlain

• Yes. This prescription is for me.
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2019, 02:22:05 am »
Sure hope so! Had to switch my Rx to a chain with a wholesaler that had any. Pharmacy said their wholesaler was listing their stock as "intermittently available," so I'm not counting on it being easy to get my next refill, but at least I know now to alert my pharmacist early.

I try to do refills as early as they allow.  Sometimes this only results in things being a little late but sometimes it results in a couple extra pills or whatever. 

I seem to be a magnet for insurance fiascos so having some prescriptions with a reserve from filling as soon as they allow it has come in handy.  Prescription prices out of pocket are just so insane.  So many pills are worth their weight in gold. Sad sad world.  I've been told by the last two doctors I've seen that I have "good insurance" because its got a rather small copay.  So many of these policies are designed to keep you from using them at all because you have to pay everything out of pocket before you reach some magic number where insurance kicks in.  The end result always seems to be that you just get to that point and its suddenly a new year with a new titanic about of money to lay out before insurance kicks in. 

I guess thats true but the times I've been billed incorrectly seems to be a yearly (at least) event. If you look at the fortune 500 (top 20) insurance companies come out pretty good.  How?  I mean how if they are honest?

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2019, 04:15:47 pm »
I try to do refills as early as they allow.  Sometimes this only results in things being a little late but sometimes it results in a couple extra pills or whatever. 

I seem to be a magnet for insurance fiascos so having some prescriptions with a reserve from filling as soon as they allow it has come in handy.  Prescription prices out of pocket are just so insane.  So many pills are worth their weight in gold. Sad sad world.  I've been told by the last two doctors I've seen that I have "good insurance" because its got a rather small copay.  So many of these policies are designed to keep you from using them at all because you have to pay everything out of pocket before you reach some magic number where insurance kicks in.  The end result always seems to be that you just get to that point and its suddenly a new year with a new titanic about of money to lay out before insurance kicks in. 

I guess thats true but the times I've been billed incorrectly seems to be a yearly (at least) event. If you look at the fortune 500 (top 20) insurance companies come out pretty good.  How?  I mean how if they are honest?

I remember in B-school how we worked out the economics of whether or not to buy insurance.

In the mythical world of homo economicus, where no weird games get played by sleazy businesspeople, self-serving voters, or corrupt politicians, you're better off (on average) not buying insurance.

Problem is, that only works if you never get a big enough medical bill to wipe you out, and we all know that medical bills don't come in one size. So ultimately you pay your insurance company to cover you above the amount you're willing to pay out of your own pocket, and you have to pay extra to get your insurer to take on that kind of risk, and that's their profit.

But that's Blackboard World. In the real world, I once heard the U.S. healthcare marketplace described as a huge pool of money, and everyone - providers, insurers, pharma, etc. - are all in there with straws, trying to suck it up before the others do.
Divigel January 20

Tags: