Author Topic: Darn Endocrinologist  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
Re: Darn Endocrinologist
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2019, 10:12:08 am »
Give us this day our weekly E.

Bliss.

Actually given yesterday, Friday. Had to wait an extra day because Endo wanted me to get my levels checked (has been a month since switching to injections because gel wasn't working), and he explicitly stated that I needed to do the blood draw in the morning.

He also wanted me to do the draw at the very end of my weekly cycle, before I took my next shot.

Unfortunately, I had stuff to do Thursday morning, so like I said, I couldn't take my weekly shot on Thursday like usual but had to wait until after Friday's trip to the lab.

Guess where that leaves this girl all Thursday? Bitchy, grumpy, and miserable all day. Total PMS. At least I have Spironolactone to help with the bloating.  ;)

On the plus side, people are starting to notice changes! Was at Ma's house the other day, and she said I looked "peaceful." Then yesterday she called to say that she realized that it was actually because I'm starting to look more femme! Yayyyyy!

Tdoc and bff say they can see it, too. Tonight we're having a neighborhood party. Let's see if anyone comments.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spironolactone January 10
Divigel January 20
Estradiol Valerate March 14

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2019, 04:38:20 pm »

Tdoc and bff say they can see it, too. Tonight we're having a neighborhood party. Let's see if anyone comments.

Yep!

One of the neighbor women who knows me pretty well and sees me often came up and said, "you look different!" Feigning ignorance, I asked her how, then took her into better light. She stood with a quizzical look, so I started prompting her. Hair? New earrings? Have I lost weight? Nope, Nope, Nope. Just couldn't put her finger on it...

:angel:
Divigel January 20

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 03:18:09 pm »
Aargh. Nipples hurt nipples hurt nipples hurt.
Divigel January 20

Offline Dietlind

• I feel that I did it!
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 06:31:05 pm »
Aargh. Nipples hurt nipples hurt nipples hurt.
Get used to it.  Mine hurt for almost 5 years now!

Offline mm

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2019, 09:46:54 am »
Nipple hurting is part of female puberty; every girl goes through it some a short time and many for a long time.

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2019, 12:09:26 am »
Get used to it.  Mine hurt for almost 5 years now!

Well, aren't you little Mary Jugs o'Sunshine!

Five years? Yeesh.

My high school girlfriends always seemed to enjoy it when I played with theirs, but if anyone tried fooling with these two, I think I'd give them a black eye.
Divigel January 20

Offline Dietlind

• I feel that I did it!
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2019, 12:14:19 am »
Well, aren't you little Mary Jugs o'Sunshine!

Five years? Yeesh.

My high school girlfriends always seemed to enjoy it when I played with theirs, but if anyone tried fooling with these two, I think I'd give them a black eye.
I tell everybody to please not hug me, because they may as well stab me with a red hot knitting needle!

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2019, 09:42:12 am »
I tell everybody to please not hug me, because they may as well stab me with a red hot knitting needle!

Knitting needles in your nipples?  And all the trouble you had with your nads?

I am *so* not going to ask about your knees or your nose.

In other news:

My test results came in, and I'm either happy, unhappy, confused, or vexed.

The happy: T has apparently collapsed. Went from 650 ng/dl last month down to 14.

The unhappy: E hasn't budged. After a month of shots, it has only moved from 46 pg/ml to 48.

I am confused for a couple of reasons. It does seem reasonable to think that T should be going down, but I'm not really feeling the classic symptoms of such a steep drop: no night sweats, no change in body odor, nothing like that. Endo didn't predict anything like this, either. In addition, no change in E? Wtf? I figured we'd need a higher dose than any original attempt simply due to my metabolism, but this is certainly surprising.

And finally, the vexed: my spider-sense tells me that all of this hints at tests that spit out highly variable results. In other words, I'm not sure how seriously one should take these results if they're subject to large fluctuations. So why take them instead of relying on subjective reports from the patient?

Thoughts?
Divigel January 20

Offline Dietlind

• I feel that I did it!
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2019, 05:19:14 pm »
Knitting needles in your nipples?  And all the trouble you had with your nads?

I am *so* not going to ask about your knees or your nose.

In other news:

The happy: T has apparently collapsed. Went from 650 ng/dl last month down to 14.

The unhappy: E hasn't budged. After a month of shots, it has only moved from 46 pg/ml to 48.

I am confused for a couple of reasons. It does seem reasonable to think that T should be going down, but I'm not really feeling the classic symptoms of such a steep drop: no night sweats, no change in body odor, nothing like that. Endo didn't predict anything like this, either. In addition, no change in E? Wtf? I figured we'd need a higher dose than any original attempt simply due to my metabolism, but this is certainly surprising.

And finally, the vexed: my spider-sense tells me that all of this hints at tests that spit out highly variable results. In other words, I'm not sure how seriously one should take these results if they're subject to large fluctuations. So why take them instead of relying on subjective reports from the patient?

Thoughts?
OK, I am as T-less as they come, it went out of the door with the balls!  I did not gt night sweats, I don't think I smell different (my dog does not feel this either).  What I feel is that my emotions are definitely not the tough guy stuff anymore, my urine does not smell as strong and is not so deeply colored, and I have to run to the bathroom way more than I used to!  That suck it up and hold it for a few more hours does not work anymore, when I have to go, i have to go urgently!
I think my sense of taste has changed a bit.  I used to raelly like beer, I can't stand the taste of the stuff anymore!

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2019, 06:12:27 pm »

In other news:

Thoughts?

Update: Just discussed results with Endo. He is as perplexed as I and suspects lab error on both tests. Going in for another draw Friday morning.

Divigel January 20

Offline Dietlind

• I feel that I did it!
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2019, 06:42:09 pm »

Update: Just discussed results with Endo. He is as perplexed as I and suspects lab error on both tests. Going in for another draw Friday morning.
I hope you have better luck this time around!

Offline Battle Goddess

• Neighbor
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 12:11:44 pm »
Oh yeah. Sweet, sweet, estrogen.

Is there such a thing as the Pink Cloud? I ain't denying it.
Divigel January 20

Tags: