General Discussions > Cooking

So who here likes to bake?

(1/10) > >>

sarahc:
...cause I sure do! I particularly like cakes, cupcakes, quick breads, and blondies.I also like making mini- or bite-sized baked goods because they're always so irresistible. Sometimes, I'll even be more ambitious and make bread.

But I don't bake as much as I like to now because it is kinda weird for a guy to be baking sweets and then giving them away. And I don't want to keep baked sweets around the house because I'll gain weight! For some reason, as a woman, I think it just seems more "normal" to bake things and give them away. It's one of the activities I'm really looking forward to doing more once I transition.

CindyLouFromCO:
Hi!
I love to bake!  I do Keto style or low carb baking.  I bake everything you mentioned and I like baking cheesecake and cookies also.

I use almond flour or coconut flour in place of regular flour.

I use Erythritol, stevia or monks fruit sugar instead of regular sugar.  I went from over 180 lbs to 145 lbs.  I love my sweets and bread though!  So I discovered low carb baking!  I use Loraine stevia dark chocolate chips for my chocolate chips. 

Keep baking!!  😊

Here is my chocolate chip cookie resipie:

170 g Almond Meal (6 oz - 1 1/2 cups)
100 g Salted Butter (3.5 oz - 1/2 cup)
130 g Erythritol (SoNourished) (4.5 oz - 3/4 cup)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 large Egg (50g / 1.7 oz)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
90 g Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (3oz - 3/4 cup)
INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat your oven to 180C (355 F). Zap the butter for 30 seconds to melt, but it shouldn't be hot.
Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with the erythritol. Add the vanilla and egg, mix on low for another 15 seconds exactly.
Add the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
Press the dough together and remove from the bowl. Combine the chocolate chips into the dough with your hands.
Roll the dough to Make 12 balls and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins.
Let them cool, and serve. Keep in an airtight container.

davina61:
just look in Hobbies , cooking thread and yes I do

IAmM:
I don’t eat much of those kind if things, but I do bake occasionally. My boyfriend loves most things sweet. I do okay with apple crisp and I am starting to work on making better pies. I do a lot of cookies over the holidays, but I make a lot more potato candy than anything. People love it and will ask for it all year but I only make it from the beginning of December until Christmas. Potato candy isn’t baked in anyway though. As much as I make I only eat a few pieces of it every year, too sweet for me.

I love to cook, can be kind of ridiculous about it to be honest. Everyone thinks so because I will cook all day and forget to do anything else, if they only knew how bad I am. I lay awake at night and think of different recipes that I want to try or a completely new thing that I think will be good. Then I am all hyper until I can make it.

I would probably be just as bad about baking I guess if I ate baked stuff at all.

Jessica:
I do, I do!
But unfortunately my sweetheart wanted to learn how to make pie crust for the pies I made last holiday season. 
I’ve created a monster as she has practically evicted me from MY kitchen as she pursues her new baking endeavors.
38 years, I was the only chef in the house, it has me conflicted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version