Author Topic: Top of your head hair: Did it change in any way with mtf hrt?  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
Re: Top of your head hair: Did it change in any way with mtf hrt?
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »
Linde, does excess estrogen convert to testosterone and/or does it just leave the body through waste?  I think urine turns green when your body cannot assimilate all of the current amount of estrogen in your body.

Estrogen cannot be converted into testosterone, the aromatase reaction is essentially irreversible.

See the pink boxes in the bottom left, that's aromatase converting testosterone to estradiol. There is no metabolic route back. Estradiol is metabolized to a variety of sulfate or glucuronide derivatives and excreted in the urine, it won't turn your urine green.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2020, 11:13:49 am »
Estrogen cannot be converted into testosterone, the aromatase reaction is essentially irreversible.

See the pink boxes in the bottom left, that's aromatase converting testosterone to estradiol. There is no metabolic route back. Estradiol is metabolized to a variety of sulfate or glucuronide derivatives and excreted in the urine, it won't turn your urine green.

Thanks for the answer.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2021, 06:06:35 am »
E and / or Finasteride seems to help maintain top of head hair.
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2021, 03:50:51 pm »
Fortunately for me, the male side of my extended family did not experience balding or hair loss....

I am quite happy that my genes seem to be resistant to male pattern baldness.   
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2021, 04:28:43 pm »
Fortunately for me, the male side of my extended family did not experience balding or hair loss....

I am quite happy that my genes seem to be resistant to male pattern baldness.

@Northern Star Girl

Mine too.  I am fortunate.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Top of your head hair: Did it change in any way with mtf hrt?
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2022, 05:20:58 pm »
My top of head hair has not changed, it still grows out about one inch every couple of months.
It is soft but it has likely always been soft when clean and conditioned.

Chrissy

Offline Battle Goddess

• Mentally Interesting
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2022, 11:13:50 pm »
Mine turned quite red from all the dye.

Other than that, it seems a little thicker and perhaps grows somewhat more quickly. No dramatically big change.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

"When going through hell, best keep moving." -- Old & KIA

“Darling,” She said, “it doesn’t matter. You have only one choice. You can walk farther along the path or not. It is a narrow path. You may be scared about lifting your foot up to take your next step. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have to step very far. It’s up to you.
"But all you get to do is choose. Your anxieties, your fears, your courage, your happiness, your rage: go ahead and feel them all you want. They don’t matter. What matters is what you choose.
“I can promise you a long and fascinating road. I’ll give you tools along the way. I’ll be with you every step.
“Now make your choice.” --  my beloved Battle Goddess

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2022, 07:17:24 am »
Mine turned quite red from all the dye.

Other than that, it seems a little thicker and perhaps grows somewhat more quickly. No dramatically big change.

Red hair can be pretty.  I do not dye for it though.  Hehe.   Can make for a nice highlight color too.

Chrissy

Offline borntrans

• Neighbor
    • Megan O'Howe
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2022, 07:16:06 pm »
My hair has basically stopped thinning. I noticed a couple months after I started HRT slowly some new hairs half a centimeter below my hairline started to grow, the one is almost an inch now and another is half its size with like a lot of new small ones. I even have a scar on my forehead you can use as a reference to see the progress. im at 6 months HRT now and I got maybe a couple dozen hairs big enough I can see that grew and stayed where I haven't had hair in over 5 years, hoping for more but not expecting it. I see lots of new hairs where it was thinning before but there is still that area that doesn't seem to have any sign of new hairs coming although I do rub the area probably too much and my winter hat probably takes some hairs out too, and sleeping on it probably isnt a good idea! I do not attribute the new hairs I have to HRT, im not allowed to say what medicine even though its safe lol but I applied it on a paper on my balding spots pre-HRT for a few months.

I can't wait to see what my hair looks like in 6 months or a year I got my fingers crossed. I think if I let my hair grow more it should fill in where there is hair because theres lots of new small ones so I can eventually go without a wig when the new hairs are longer to style. I know some cis-women who have a similar balding going on and they don't hesitate to wear their hair back in a ponytail which shows the balding so that kinda gives me some confidence, I can't afford a good wig anyway so my cheap half human hair one has served me well so far but its falling apart and won't last another 6 months.
Megan Started HRT June 22, 2021. Started living full time August 28, 2021.

Offline Misato

• I thought I was out, but I've been pulled back in.
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2022, 07:28:30 pm »
I lost a lot of body hair. Nothing changed on my head, unfortunately.

Not that it's a problem, I do have enough. I just wish my hair wasn't so thin.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Top of your head hair: Did it change in any way with mtf hrt?
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2022, 07:45:25 pm »
Thank you all for sharing out.  Anyone else have positive results at all?

Chrissy

Online Jessica_K

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2022, 01:19:30 am »
I would say yes Chrissy, like the previous old post, I have lost almost all of my body hair. Also pre HRT, my MPB had caused a large bald patch on top and receded to the top of my forehead. I had been taking Finasteride over all the yers of HRT and although the forehead is not changed, the bald patch has fine hair over it. It is not thick enough to cover, and probably never will, but an improvement that I can feel.

A story
I was at an open air Elton John concert in Bristol some years ago before transition, and they produced a live CD of the concert available as you left the venue. It included a printed pull out of pictures taken. One was of a picture of the stage from behind and there was me, noticeable by my bald patch

Jessica xx

Offline KrystalDragon

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2022, 12:12:50 pm »
Yes, while the dr 1st wanted to put me on spiro, it has lactose in it so, we chose Dutasteride
one of the side effects are " hair growth"
7 months in and I have peachfuz slowing growing.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2022, 01:25:56 am »
Some years ago I was talking to my Dad. I said “Dad, you are really looking good these days, guess retirement suits you!” He replied “why does that make you so happy?” And I said “Because you still have your hair!” We had a great laugh over that one ! Good genes.

But just to be absolutely certain, I’m on bicalutamide, finasteride, and e pellets. Works well for me.

Tags: