Author Topic: Selecting colors and shades  (Read 730 times)

Offline BlueJaye

• Family
Selecting colors and shades
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:33:03 am »
Can anyone recommend a good video or guide to selecting the right colors and shades for things like foundation and concealer?

Offline randim

Re: Selecting colors and shades
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:41:46 am »
I would highly recommend going to a makeup counter or store and getting human help with that.  The people at someplace like Sephora will likely have worked with trans clients before.  But I do recognize that can sound quite daunting.

sally0196

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:22 am »
BlueJaye,

I have to second Randim's recommendation.  Finding the correct shade of foundation is extremely important, but it is very difficult match without actually putting product on your face.  Going to a makeup consultant at any department store makeup counter will yield the absolute best results and get you matched most effectively.

There is an old trick for finding the correct shade.  Spread a tiny amount of foundation on the inside of your wrist.  When you find a shade that is indistinguishable from your natural skin tone, it should work on your face. 

Hugs,

Sally

Offline Meghan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 09:36:34 am »
I just go to Sephora's cosmetics store and as them for recommend for best color foundation go with my skin tone.  I used mostly Shephora products because I don't want to look like drag queen

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline Jenny_Oh

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 10:51:20 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good video or guide to selecting the right colors and shades for things like foundation and concealer?
Yes, not necessarily because it's a good video (they're pretty much all the same) but because I love James Charles. Subscribe!

Tags: