Author Topic: A Trans Woman Was Arrested for Using Women's Restroom  (Read 1453 times)

Offline stephaniec

• SPARTA Trans Veterans AKA Stephaniec ( Garbo ) Diabla
  • Family
A Trans Woman Was Arrested for Using Women's Restroom
« on: August 18, 2019, 05:52:32 pm »
A Trans Woman Was Arrested for Using Women's Restroom

https://www.out.com/transgender/2019/8/17/trans-woman-was-arrested-using-womens-restroom?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=transgender&fbclid=IwAR3tNj7tvd2rUy-34t3NbZiJ4O_AO2Qmk3LdbYsU0J9vLC6S467RNPZilW8

OUT/By Serena Sonoma
August 17 2019 12:12 PM EDT

"A transgender woman was handcuffed after attempting to use the women’s restroom in a shopping mall in the Quezon City area of Manila, the Phillippines, this week according to reports.
"

Offline Lynne

Re: A Trans Woman Was Arrested for Using Women's Restroom
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 02:39:13 pm »
What is not clear to me is, how did they know that she is trans? She looks like a beautiful young lady, I wouldn't think that she is trans based on her looks, we obviously don't have the complete picture here.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:17:43 pm »
Looking nice is only a small portion of being perceived as your target gender. Voice is a much bigger factor. There's a potentially dangerous element of our community where we look at a picture (possibly photoshopped) and tell someone if they "pass" or not.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Lynne

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 04:37:14 pm »
Looking nice is only a small portion of being perceived as your target gender. Voice is a much bigger factor. There's a potentially dangerous element of our community where we look at a picture (possibly photoshopped) and tell someone if they "pass" or not.

You are right of course, I know there is more to passing than looks, my voice kept me from considering going full-time for years. I just find it strange that she got clocked by the cleaning lady.
I was in a similar situation a few years ago, when my voice was not very good, but I had to go the bathroom when I was dressed as a woman and I had no choice but to use a paid restroom. I didn't have to carry on a long conversation to pay and to get in.

Offline zirconia

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 05:29:05 pm »
What is not clear to me is, how did they know that she is trans?

Lynne,

Judging from from the picture of them sitting together those accustomed to Asia can probably discern the difference. That said, yes—she's so close that I'm a bit curious why/how this happened.

Offline John406

• Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 08:46:02 am »
What is not clear to me is, how did they know that she is trans? She looks like a beautiful young lady, I wouldn't think that she is trans based on her looks, we obviously don't have the complete picture here.

I don't have the full picture, but judging from the article, it sounds like she was filming the whole thing on her camera-phone; if I understand correctly, this can be a form of protest used to provoke a reaction; similar to how one may visibly film the police in an attempt to capture any perceived brutality on video....meaning, perhaps in not so many words: She was asking for trouble. Hate to say it. Perhaps she felt judged by the establishment and wanted to prove some kind of a point; perhaps she's just a natural rabble-rouser, or she may just like the attention; sadly a lot of kids get neglected and start thinking that getting any attention at all, negative or otherwise is better than nothing.

Like has already been stated though, I couldn't tell she was trans just by looking at her. If she hadn't made a big thing out of it...I'd bet money that nobody would have noticed or said a thing lol.

Offline Haley Conner

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 09:25:37 am »
The cleaning lady needs to mind her own business!  Better to go to the men's room and be assaulted??  I don't think so!

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:46:34 pm »
I thought for a moment this was going to be someplace in NC.  ;D

Lisa
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 02:17:44 am »
I thought for a moment this was going to be someplace in NC.  ;D

Lisa

I just spent seven months in North Carolina gracing their ladies rooms with my presence.  ;D

Also important to note that HB 2 was repealed after all the economic harm it caused the state.
Veteran, US Army

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 08:53:29 am »
Women are not interested in other women in the public restroom. They are just busy doing their own chores, applying makeup or checking their appearance. They are more talkative than men. And they seem to feel some kinship in the public restroom.

I like to meet my old friends to go out or have dinner together. Sometimes I accidentally bump into one or two female friends in the women's public restroom. Some of them react as if they see the mischief of a boy, but without saying a word as it can cause some trouble. Some are just accepting it. I remember a female friend in the next stall recognized me, chatting with me in a restroom. She just treated me as if I am her female friend.

When I travel or go out with my family, I avoid entering women's restroom. Fortunately, most of public restrooms here have handicap stalls, and I prefer women's as women's restrooms tend to be crowdy, and of course, it is safer for me.

Law for protecting trans people is still under discussion in the national parliament here, as some Christians vehemently oppose it. However, other existing laws on human rights still can protect LGBT people, although it is not explicit.

I just behave not to make any trouble. Some of my male friends tend to be surprised at my using women's restroom, as they do not grasp what I do daily. Entering a men's restroom causes all kinds of fuss just with plain unisex clothes. Once I was drunken after having dinner with my male colleagues and accidentally entered the men's in a restaurant. A staff outside there shoulted at me that it is for men. Maybe some of the collelagues could understand what I have to deal with everyday.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 08:52:49 pm »
I just spent seven months in North Carolina gracing their ladies rooms with my presence.  ;D

Also important to note that HB 2 was repealed after all the economic harm it caused the state.

Depends on what part of the state you visit. Most areas it's a none issue. But some places it's not a good idea.

HB 2, That was just an elaborate scheme to get rid of our former governor. Politicians are some of the crookedest bunches known to human kind.

Lisa
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Offline mac1

• Would like to be able to pass and live as a girl.
  • Family
  • Don't have any use or desire for those male parts.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 12:01:51 am »
I agree that she looks too feminine to be questioned unless she mad it a point to draw attention to her and her status.  If I looked that great I would just accept it and act normal.
?

Tags: