Author Topic: Urinal and toilet rooms  (Read 2275 times)

Offline CindyLouCovington

• Neighbor
Urinal and toilet rooms
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:14:53 pm »
Perhaps the most practical is to have urinal rooms,obviously men only.and unisex toilet rooms.this would eliminate women having to go into a unisex room with men at urinals, and since toilets are eclosed and seperate little rooms each one,this solves the privacy issuesMen don't bother with toilets unless they have to defecate.Usually they use the urinals.This seems to me to be the best solution.

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
Re: Urinal and toilet rooms
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:06:49 pm »
George Carlin said urinals are 50% universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 10:32:11 pm »
Perhaps the most practical is to have urinal rooms,obviously men only.and unisex toilet rooms.this would eliminate women having to go into a unisex room with men at urinals, and since toilets are eclosed and seperate little rooms each one,this solves the privacy issuesMen don't bother with toilets unless they have to defecate.Usually they use the urinals.This seems to me to be the best solution.

Interesting thought.  The urinal room should be considerably smaller though.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline snbab

• The Vail is lifting, my true self is emerging.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 11:45:26 pm »
As a truck driver delivering to Target stores, in the storage/back areas (employees only), the newer stores have unisex restrooms. Most only have a toilet. A few also have a urinals. The common factor is one person at a time, lock the door when you enter, unlock as you leave. So there is no need to be concerned as to how you present vrs your physical parts.

In high usage locations, such as theaters, I like your idea of urinal rooms, and separate rooms with enclosed private toilets.
The metamorphosis has begun. June 12, 2019 @1:02 PM PDT.

Offline jill610

• Future Geeky Chick
  • Almost there.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 05:27:21 am »
In Philadelphia, unisex restrooms have been gaining in popularity. All that I have see are just a bunch of single stall toilets, I have never seen urinals either in the open or in stalls and would probably turn around if I saw them in the open.

The point is to minimize the amount of space used for restrooms while having enough to keep lines and complaints to a minimum, so having a second room and infrastructure (plumbing, footprint, maintenance and cleaning) would seem to defeat the purpose of unisex restrooms.

Offline mac1

• Would like to be able to pass and live as a girl.
  • Family
  • Don't have any use or desire for those male parts.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 12:09:00 am »
As a truck driver delivering to Target stores, in the storage/back areas (employees only), the newer stores have unisex restrooms. Most only have a toilet. A few also have a urinals. The common factor is one person at a time, lock the door when you enter, unlock as you leave. So there is no need to be concerned as to how you present vrs your physical parts.

In high usage locations, such as theaters, I like your idea of urinal rooms, and separate rooms with enclosed private toilets.
The urinals could be eliminated to allow for a larger room with more stalls.
?

Offline mm

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 08:57:04 am »
They can get more urinals in the same space another reason why men's room lines are short they have more places to pee.

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 09:48:18 am »
They can get more urinals in the same space another reason why men's room lines are short they have more places to pee.
I did see a lot of bathrooms in Belgium that are unisex and have a line of urinals along one wall and the other wall with stalls..  Neither guys nor girls did care, because either one knows pretty much how the other functions!

Offline Haley Conner

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:55 pm »
I see a problem in that men would then have a male only space, and women would always be sharing the restroom with men.  And women like to use the restroom as a private place to talk to other women, without men, so, I think women would be unhappy with this solution.

Offline Linde

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 04:51:40 pm »
I see a problem in that men would then have a male only space, and women would always be sharing the restroom with men.  And women like to use the restroom as a private place to talk to other women, without men, so, I think women would be unhappy with this solution.
It seemed to work pretty well in Belgium, but they were all public bathrooms, and women in the US hardly use them for socializing!

Offline mac1

• Family
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:14 am »
I don't know why we can't have just one large room with private stalls and a common wash area.
?

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 07:25:58 pm »
George Carlin said urinals are 50% universal.

They're 100% universal if you're adventurous and have low hygiene standards.

Offline Linde

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 09:32:41 pm »
They're 100% universal if you're adventurous and have low hygiene standards.
What about all the overspray?   ::)

Offline mac1

• Family
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 09:51:23 pm »
Urinals are disgusting.
?

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 10:07:48 pm »
Then, you encounter "park bathrooms", in which the toilet stalls have no doors.  Most people avoid these, yet advocate for them when discussing transgender people using restrooms and want to catch them in the act.

I found it interesting this past weekend that there was a line for the "family restrooms" in which no gender was posted, but no line at all for the women's restroom at the mall.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

Offline mac1

• Family
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 10:25:16 pm »
Then, you encounter "park bathrooms", in which the toilet stalls have no doors.  Most people avoid these, yet advocate for them when discussing transgender people using restrooms and want to catch them in the act.

I found it interesting this past weekend that there was a line for the "family restrooms" in which no gender was posted, but no line at all for the women's restroom at the mall.

There should not be any toilet stalls without doors. Also, I am uncomfortable using men's rooms with inadequate doors.  Should be able to use the women's room where that is not the case.
?

Colleen_definitely

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 05:56:12 am »

That's the joke.

Offline Linde

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 03:30:22 pm »
Urinals are disgusting.
Because of the overspray? 
I have not seen a urinal for quite some time now, but I know that the toilet seats in bathrooms for females are not that great either.   After all, I caught a fungus infection there a few months ago, and now a UTI.  I need to learn how to properly hover when I have to use them!

GordonG

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 03:53:18 pm »
Many many moons ago I had a job as a janitor for a major brand department store. Part of my job was cleaning the restrooms daily. I can say without a doubt that the women's were messier than the men's as a general rule.  In fact one day I walked in and was suddenly hit with a distinct odor. I found a pile of <not allowed> in the corner.

From; https://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1213831&page=1
"Really the cleanest areas in the bathroom are actually the door handle and the toilet seat,"

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 05:14:17 pm »

Oh #$#% This is how they did that in the US Navy at Great Lakes.  Sitting on the toilet with 20 other people trying not to look at each other. 

Tags: