Author Topic: Urinal and toilet rooms  (Read 2183 times)

Liam Eric

Re: Urinal and toilet rooms
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2019, 03:32:57 pm »
Perhaps the most practical is to have urinal rooms,obviously men only.and unisex toilet rooms.this would eliminate women having to go into a unisex room with men at urinals, and since toilets are eclosed and seperate little rooms each one,this solves the privacy issuesMen don't bother with toilets unless they have to defecate.Usually they use the urinals.This seems to me to be the best solution.

I think the problem with that the men still get their own washroom, and the women are forced to share one. What I’ve heard is that the women’s washroom is essentially a “safe space” where there’s no men. Eliminating a women’s washroom defeats the purpose of said “safe space”, especially if she’s on a date with a male abuser, or wants to get away or needs help. The women’s washroom has essentially become a safe space.

I think the best solution is having a men’s, women’s, and unisex/family toilet.

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 12:10:02 am »

Offline mac1

• Would like to be able to pass and live as a girl.
  • Family
  • Don't have any use or desire for those male parts.
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2020, 01:03:38 am »
Perhaps the most practical is to have urinal rooms,obviously men only.and unisex toilet rooms.this would eliminate women having to go into a unisex room with men at urinals, and since toilets are eclosed and seperate little rooms each one,this solves the privacy issuesMen don't bother with toilets unless they have to defecate.Usually they use the urinals.This seems to me to be the best solution.

That would be a possible solution but not totally fair.  Your assumption about men using urinals is not a universal truth.  I have not used a urinal or even stood for over 22 years.  A total unisex room with private stalls is equal for everybody.  If you still feel that urinals are necessary they should be in an isolated area but that would not be fair to women and men who only sit.
?

Offline Aoi_Nomel

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2020, 08:29:57 pm »
At my work we have a single toilet unisex bathroom. Other than for me it's mostly used for mothers with children. I have no problem using it as only 1 person can use it at a time.

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 02:46:04 am »
The restrooms in Moscow restaurants and bars are mostly unisex there is a common area with basins and driers and stalls for the business.

On a different note I was at the Lightning’s ice hockey in Florida a few months ago, annoyingly I had to be dressed male I was dreading going to the restroom as I have to sit, but I was pleasantly surprised to find they were stall only. And the men’s queue was longer than the ladies for once

Jessica xxx

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2020, 11:27:51 am »
Due to my physiology and frequent water drinking I rarely pass a public restroom. At a newer Whole Foods store the other day I saw my first ungendered pair of rest rooms. Both doors had both gender figure symbols (one figure with a skirt, one without). But the room was a one holer with a sink and no urinal. I suspect both were like that.

I think that would be the best way to go for all small lockable toilets, but for larger ones, other means would be necessary, all right. After one of those darn 2 1/2 hour movies Hollywood keeps turning out the urinal rows are always full at the nearest RR. I like your dedicated urinal room idea, Cindy.

My guess is big corporations like Target and Whole Foods don't want to get caught between customers and state legislature nazis with crazy "bathroom bills". My appreciation to those companies that go that way.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 09:11:23 pm »
We're pretty lucky to live in a province with a small population, so my proposal may not work everywhere.

But, in short, if I were premier and had a majority government, I would legislate to phase out shared-use facilities altogether.  Around here, most washrooms only had two toilets and in the men's washroom, maybe three urinals, and not a whole lot of traffic (even less since COVID-19).

If you de-pluralise them, that nullifies any need for gender assignment.

I know, it's easier said than done, but it's an idea.
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Tags: