Author Topic: Looking at peritoneal vaginoplasty with Dr. Gallagher  (Read 13432 times)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
Re: Looking at peritoneal vaginoplasty with Dr. Gallagher
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2020, 02:55:14 pm »
I'll add that - to my knowledge - no UK surgeon currently offer peritoneal GRS if that's what you are seeking?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2020, 03:03:45 pm »
I Think that there is a doctor in Spokane, Washington that does revisions using the the PI technique.  There was a thread here not to long ago about the doctor.  Do a search and you may find his name and website or other contact info.  Good luck.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline KatieP

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2020, 08:36:37 pm »
I Think that there is a doctor in Spokane, Washington that does revisions using the the PI technique.  There was a thread here not to long ago about the doctor.  Do a search and you may find his name and website or other contact info.  Good luck.

The doctor in Spokane is likely Geoffrey Stiller at Stiller Aesthetics. I don't know all the techniques he uses, but it is more than two...

Katie

Offline josie76

• Family
  • Something beautiful emerges from a dark pool
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2020, 07:21:26 pm »
I know the urologist who was in with the urology chair on these surgeries has intentions of being available to continue these at IU Health. But they still need a plastic surgeon who can take over Dr Gallagher's place there.

For those who want to know depth is about 7inches still. There is still more than enough moisture secretions. It seems the deeper parts may not have epthilized yet.

I am very happy with my results. I am healing up well from my revision done in early March.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy
09/11/2019 PPV at IU Health (DaVinci robot laparoscopic Davydov with modified Chonburi Flap) w/ Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Koch, Dr. Roth assisting urology
03/02/2020 revision labiaplasty at IU Health w/ Dr. Gallagher

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence.
I for one want to live now, not just exist!

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Friend
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2020, 08:01:00 pm »
The doctor in Spokane is likely Geoffrey Stiller at Stiller Aesthetics. I don't know all the techniques he uses, but it is more than two...

Katie

Dr. Stiller is in Spokane.  He does the traditional inversion and a colon technique.  As of a few months ago he was not offering PVP.  His aesthetics results are amazing.  If he offered PVP I would seriously be interested.
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline KatieP

« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2020, 03:22:30 pm »
Dr. Stiller is in Spokane.  His aesthetics results are amazing. 

I have heard this same thing a few times. But his website does not have pictures. I have not done an extensive search for pictures, but... How do you know his results are aesthetically amazing?

Thank you!

Katie

Offline autumnfaye_xoxo

• Visitor
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2020, 03:04:01 am »
I know the urologist who was in with the urology chair on these surgeries has intentions of being available to continue these at IU Health. But they still need a plastic surgeon who can take over Dr Gallagher's place there.

For those who want to know depth is about 7inches still. There is still more than enough moisture secretions. It seems the deeper parts may not have epthilized yet.

I am very happy with my results. I am healing up well from my revision done in early March.

Well hopefully Dr. Gallagher finds a urologist or IU finds a plastic surgeon so this procedure can start taking place again soon.

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Friend
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2020, 12:41:02 am »
I have heard this same thing a few times. But his website does not have pictures. I have not done an extensive search for pictures, but... How do you know his results are aesthetically amazing?

Thank you!

Katie

He does have photos.  They are under the body procedure tab of his website.  I have also heard lots of first hand reports. 
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline KatieP

« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2020, 01:10:10 am »
He does have photos.  They are under the body procedure tab of his website.  I have also heard lots of first hand reports.

Thank you, Jane!

I have heard several times about Stiller's great aesthetics, but always wondered what the proof might be.

That said, based on all this hearesay, and really enjoying his in-person demeanor, I have scheduled 22 May with him. I do hope he is as good as everyone says...  ;D

Katie

Offline Kara Lee

• Friend
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2020, 08:41:00 am »
I just wanted to share that I also had ppt at IU Health, less than a week post surgery right now. Dr Koch is still doing the robotic part within the abdomin and Dr Roth did the grs. Lol, with all the *plasty parts of the surgery I was just calling them all my multiplasties. The perionteal tissue was used to completely line my vagina.  Everyone I met during my week long stay was very nice.

Offline MikaelaA

• The day I can be myself is the best day of my life
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2020, 11:29:03 am »
I just wanted to share that I also had ppt at IU Health, less than a week post surgery right now. Dr Koch is still doing the robotic part within the abdomin and Dr Roth did the grs. Lol, with all the *plasty parts of the surgery I was just calling them all my multiplasties. The perionteal tissue was used to completely line my vagina.  Everyone I met during my week long stay was very nice.

Hi Kara,

Thank you very much for sharing.  I would very much like to have the peritoneal procedure done as well.  Is Dr. Roth's first name Joshua?  Was it his office you initially contacted to schedule surgery?  I do appreciate any information you can provide.  Thanks again.

Mikaela
Finally discovered the real ME: September 5, 2019
Started HRT: September 20, 2019
Out to my wife: October 25, 2019
Out to my closest friends and family: February 9, 2020
Out at work: July 31, 2020
Legal name change: September 29, 2020

Offline josie76

• Family
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2020, 02:48:08 pm »
I believe Dr. Roth first name was Joshua. He was the second urologist in on my surgery. Dr. Gallagher had said he was going to e part of the program.

I'm happy to hear that IU Health is still doing the PPV there. When I was there almost a year ago now, the hospital staff was all wonderful.
09/11/2019 PPV at IU Health (DaVinci robot laparoscopic Davydov with modified Chonburi Flap) w/ Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Koch, Dr. Roth assisting urology

Offline Kara Lee

• Friend
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2020, 04:20:15 pm »
Hi Kara,

Thank you very much for sharing.  I would very much like to have the peritoneal procedure done as well.  Is Dr. Roth's first name Joshua?  Was it his office you initially contacted to schedule surgery?  I do appreciate any information you can provide.  Thanks again.

Mikaela

Yes, that's his name. My primary care doctor referred me. Also, I think I was one of the last people to use IU Healths website tor their trans surgeries just before Dr Gallagher left. I would guess contacting them directly to find out their current procedures would be best.  I was trying to see them during their transition time between surgeons.

Like josie76 said, everyone there was very nice. The nurses and techs were all very patient with me and my slow gitupandgo :)

Offline MikaelaA

• The day I can be myself is the best day of my life
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2020, 05:02:42 pm »
Josie and Kara, Thank you very much for your response.  I will call them tomorrow.  If there is any updated information regarding scheduling or anything related to surgery I will post it here.  Take care.

Hugs,

Mikaela
Finally discovered the real ME: September 5, 2019
Started HRT: September 20, 2019
Out to my wife: October 25, 2019
Out to my closest friends and family: February 9, 2020
Out at work: July 31, 2020
Legal name change: September 29, 2020

Offline Nozomi

• Neighbor
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2020, 12:01:25 am »
Happy Birthday (1st anniversary after surgery) Josie76!

I respect you profoundly.because I read the forum entitled "Looking at peritoneal vaginoplasty with Dr. Gallagher".

Hope you "live" happily and healthy!

Nozomi (MTF in Japan)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2020, 12:06:14 am »
@josie76
Dear Josie:
I agree with the  Happy (Surgery) ONE YEAR Birthday/Anniversary posting/comment
authored by @Nozomi

It appears from reading your postings starting back in September 2019 last year on this thread that all went well for you.
Thank you for sharing.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2020, 07:23:29 am »
If anyone knows a good way to reach this team, can you please let me know?
I have been trying to contact IU.  The website says they have no surgeon yet, and the voice messages still say Dr Gallagher.  I left messages for nurse Tara (not certain right name) which was the only voicemail box I found.  The submission forms to request entering their program require the surgery codes from the surgery team up front, so you can't fill the entry forms out without getting that info from someone there.
Been following this thread from day one.
Thank you so much.

Offline wildcat2083

• Visitor
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2020, 09:48:33 pm »
I am interested in  peritoneal vaginoplasty procedure, its a ways off for me, but all my research suggests this method is well uh a bit more natural and you have to have less maintenance during the long term aftercare, I live in the US and my insurance does claim they cover GRS GAS surgeries and didn't specify exactly a specific method and with that said while I am saving up could anyone provide me info on some doctors in the US who would perform this particular vaginoplasty vs the penile inversion (alone) idk if they are combined or what just know about less dialiation and more self lubricating and the uh texture is that of a cis-female. To me that seems like the right choice

Offline SadieBlake

« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2020, 07:51:01 am »
I am interested in  peritoneal vaginoplasty procedure, its a ways off for me, but all my research suggests this method is well uh a bit more natural and you have to have less maintenance during the long term aftercare, I live in the US and my insurance does claim they cover GRS GAS surgeries and didn't specify exactly a specific method and with that said while I am saving up could anyone provide me info on some doctors in the US who would perform this particular vaginoplasty vs the penile inversion (alone) idk if they are combined or what just know about less dialiation and more self lubricating and the uh texture is that of a cis-female. To me that seems like the right choice

Assuming UI continues, that seems to be an option, the other two surgeons I'm aware of performing PPTV in the US are Bluebond-Langer in NYC and Wittenberg in SF. If you want details on my procedure with the latter (revision), pm me for a link.

I remain concerned about surgeons who enter into this work without adequate training. A group of concerned trans folk wrote an open letter to WPATH about this, seeking standards for training. For my part, I rejected the only local surgeon performing GCS for my primary vaginoplasty precisely for this reason, his training had consisted of observing only 3 procedures.

Now, surely, everyone starts somewhere, especially those who develop new techniques, that's not the same to me as beginning in a new specialty with minimal practice, I would be even moreso with respect to anyone undertaking something as complex as pptv without adequate preparation.

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈

Offline josie76

• Family
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2020, 08:42:35 pm »
@josie76
Dear Josie:
I agree with the  Happy (Surgery) ONE YEAR Birthday/Anniversary posting/comment
authored by @Nozomi

It appears from reading your postings starting back in September 2019 last year on this thread that all went well for you.
Thank you for sharing.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

Thanks Danielle, and yes it has gone very well for me. :)