Author Topic: ReubyLouise's Continuing Saga  (Read 270 times)

Offline ReubyLouise

• Visitor
ReubyLouise's Continuing Saga
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:42:04 am »
I have never blogged before. The closest I have come to this is I have written a diary of my feelings for my therapist back when I had one.

If anyone is interested in what my backstory is you can read all about it in Introductions, under ReubyLouise's Introduction.

Today is Feb 14 2000. Valentine's Day. A day when you show the loved one in your life how much you love them.  I will tell you a secret. If you are not doing this every day, you are missing out.  You should let the one that changed your life, continues to brighten it, cheers you on, puts up with your silliness, and loves you endlessly know that you appreciate all they do and are to you. 

For me, I have given her a card and let her know that our love just grows stronger every year.  We are moving so vases and things like that are already in the new place. We live on a very limited budget, but do try to treat each other at least twice a month with a surprise.

In spite of the craziness that is our life, I always want to do something that lets her know that she is the most important person in my life and that mine would be nothing without her.

She wondered why I wanted to wait until I had bathed and shaved and changed into a more comfortable loungewear. Simply because I did not want to share something so precious in such grungy and dirty attire. It was not befitting the ceremony. Would you attend a coronation in rags? 

The other reason it means something to me is I have to live in my drab (dressed as boy) clothes and if I wear my drag (dressed as girl) clothes it is only in our room. If I go into the main house I have to cover the drag with the drab.  So anytime I can be drag it is a special time.  At first I did not want to have her sister or her dad see me drag, but I have come to the place where it is only her dad to avoid. He is the only one that will make constant comments. What she says, since she has already proven to us she is crazy and has delusions of grandeur, means nothing to me. If she says something I will reiterate my feelings on the matter.  That this is me and this is how I dress. Sorry if you do not like it, but like you, I get to choose how I live.  I am tired of treating her like some pampered princess of the manor. She is only making our lives miserable with her constant paranoia and we will be better off away from the drama. 

Yesterday and last night was so bad with David yelling at her to come to bed and stop sneaking around that today he has no voice.  She is constantly staying up all night and getting into things that belong to him and moving things to her truck. There is constant yelling because she is constantly accusing him of cheating on her.  He works as a traveling computer tech for large businesses and frequently the contact person is a woman. Debbie sees a call from a woman and begins to imagine he is cheating on her. One time he took her on one of his calls and she knocked over a display and complained to the manager that the woman was flirting with her boyfriend.  It is a very volatile relationship and we want no part in it. We don't want to hear it. But Debbie has to come in and tell her sister her side of it. Now my wife, Roxanne, has tried to help and understand, but Debbie has taken advantage of her kindness so many times that she is done and does not want to get involved. The whole time Debbie is telling her side, Roxanne is telling her she does not want to get involved. Debbie just says she knows that but she has to tell her side. And on and on it goes. That is why we are moving. We need some peace and quiet.

The other reason is Roxanne's health. Every time there is yelling and fighting Roxanne starts having these really bad nightmares about those that are dead coming for her. So we have to protect ourselves somehow. One way is when the weather permits, we go out for the day and just go window shopping. We always enjoy doing anything together and it helps. Right now it is raining and nasty out and we cannot risk shorting out her power chair.

Alright. I think that is enough for my first blog.  Tune in next time for the next riveting episode in the life of the two RLB's. Until then......

With love, ReubyLouise

Offline ReubyLouise

• Visitor
Re: ReubyLouise's Continuing Saga
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 11:03:22 pm »
Yesterday I went the Gender Health Center for my appointment to get my hormones. This is not through my primary care physician. I tried to go through her. She requested a referral to an endocrinologist a year ago and the medical group failed to provide. So I went to GHC to see if they could help. They could. They have a group of doctors volunteering to come and test those wishing to be on hrt.

So I made an appointment and that was for yesterday. When I got there I filled out an intake form and was taken to a triage room with two med students.  My pulse, weight and blood pressure was taken. Then I went to a small meeting room with one third year med student and a first year med student. They interviewed me as to what my history was and did I understand what the hormones do? Then they went off to confer with their resident MD and the three came back and the MD had me initial a list of expectations and discussed what I expected.  Then I went to another room and had six vials of blood drawn by a very experienced phlebotomist. After that the third year told me the MD had faxed the Rx to my pharmacy and I could pick them up at anytime, but don't use them until they call with to discuss the lab results sometime this week.  The good news is I can begin, or resume, my hrt by next week. A lot better than what I was getting.

I also found out that GHC is a 'one stop shop" and I can get help from an advocate for housing, legal, medical, and emotional. So I am one happy lady.

With love, ReubyLouise

Tags: