Author Topic: SRS IN KENTUCKY HELP  (Read 289 times)

Offline katelyndoll

• Visitor
SRS IN KENTUCKY HELP
« on: June 13, 2019, 03:34:53 am »
Hi im new here and im currently looking for srs surgeons in Kentucky if anyone knows of any please please please let me know any help i can get ill take! thanks.

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
Re: SRS IN KENTUCKY HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 03:48:09 am »
Hi Katelyndoll,

I live very close to KY, (about 30 mins. from Louisville) but I don't know of any SRS surgeons. But that doesn't mean much, because I haven't look for any though. I have heard of a female surgeon up in Indianapolis, so I know there are some in the area. I have no idea how good she is though.

I'm going to assume that you're MTF because of your name. Am I correct about that? Have you done any Google searches for surgeons in the area? You can check the WPATH website and start your search there. There's a provider search that often has good results. But I'll warn you their site isn't totally current.

When I was looking for a gender therapist the WPATH site only listed one in Louisville, when in actuality there are a bunch of them. But it's still a good place to start. If you don't mind me asking how close are you to the Louisville area?

Lexxi

Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline katelyndoll

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 03:57:27 am »
hi thanks for replying! im in covington so pretty close. i will check out wpath and see if i can find anything ive searched alot tho and cant seem to find much. also i am MTF :)

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 03:59:28 am »
Hi Katelyndoll,

Ok I did some really quick searches and there are quite a few surgeons in Kentucky. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but I found an excellent search site you should check out. It's Trans Health Care .org

You can do a search by state, and the procedure too. Most of the surgeons are in either Louisville or Lexington, but I did see one in Owensboro too.

Hope this helps,

xoxo
Lexxi

P.S. I forgot this on my last post but...Welcome to Susan's Place. Whenever you have any questions the ladies here can usually come up with an answer.
Came out online 5/20/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 04:01:55 am »
I corrected myself on the MTF mistake right before you posted. My fingers sometimes type things my mind isn't thinking, lol. Sorry about that!

But check out that last post I made. The trans health care site seems A LOT better than the WPATH one.
Came out online 5/20/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 04:27:11 am »
Hi again Katelyndoll,

I thought I'd tell you a bit about myself. I'm 50 and pre-everything right now. I will be starting HRT on July 10th however so I'm getting really excited. I'm not out publicly yet, but I'm preparing to start telling a few select family members next week. I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm going to tell my mom first. I can't do it face to face because I'd just get too emotional, so I sat down and wrote her a 12 page letter, lol. The only people I've told face to face are my therapist and my doctor.

Anyway it's nice to know that there's another Susan's member kind of close to me. Good luck on your search. I hope you're able to find a good surgeon on that site.

xoxo
Lexxi
Came out online 5/20/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »
Hi im new here and im currently looking for srs surgeons in Kentucky if anyone knows of any please please please let me know any help i can get ill take! thanks.
@katelyndoll
Dear Katelyndoll:
     I am not intending to rudely interrupt your first post and comments on this thread...   
...BUT FIRST THINGS FIRST... you need to be Officially Welcomed here.
     I am so very glad that you have become a member here and that you found the Susan's Place Forums.

As you continue to post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

For sure this is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

Offline Alaskan Danielle

• If you want friends, be friendly, be the first to smile and introduce yourself.
  • I love living as a Female.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 04:40:47 pm »
@katelyndoll   
Oh, and another thing Katelyndoll...
If you can, please plan to write a brief introduction
in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let everyone have this thread back so that the exchange of conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking

Offline BlueJaye

• Friend
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 06:55:48 am »
I would start by inquiring with your insurance carrier about which surgeons are in their network and how much, if any, of the surgery is covered with each one. This will help you focus your search.

Tags: