Author Topic: Just got my scripts for my hrt 😁  (Read 244 times)

Offline Missttee

• Visitor
Just got my scripts for my hrt 😁
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:27:26 pm »
I’m soooo excited, I just picked up my spironolactone and my estradiol. Not sure if I can say the dosage so I won’t for now but I did have a question. Should I take the pills at the same time before bed or is it better in the morning? I can’t wait to start my journey!

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Just got my scripts for my hrt 😁
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:42:07 pm »
I’m soooo excited, I just picked up my spironolactone and my estradiol. Not sure if I can say the dosage so I won’t for now but I did have a question. Should I take the pills at the same time before bed or is it better in the morning? I can’t wait to start my journey!
@Missttee
Dear Missttee:
Congratulations on starting your HRT, I am very happy for you.  This is a big important step in your transition journey.

If your doctor has prescribed taking your pills once a day at the same time "perhaps/maybe" every morning but some regimens call for more often then once a day or other optimal times for you to take your meds...so you should follow your doctor's orders and if you are still uncertain exactly what times you are to take your meds be certain to contact your doctor. 
Guessing is not allowed.
HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Sophiaprincess2019

• www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 09:37:23 pm »

Happy start to the rest of your life! What an exciting time. I remember the 1st time I took mine, I was beyond excited like you. Each person is unique and whatever your Dr prescribed is what you should follow. I used to take mine every morning however my Dr wrote the prescriptions that way. I no longer take estradiol in pill form but I used to let it dissolve under my tongue every morning when I did.

Congratulations on this critical turning point. Enjoy the euphoria, it only lasts a short time.

Sophia
1968 Assigned male at birth with feminine mannerisms
1978 Dolls and dresses
1988 Experimental stage, limited makeup and clothes
1998 Denial continues, unsuccessfully tried living as a man
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman, time for a change....
2-22-2019 Started HRT
8-9-2019 Legal Name Change
8-14-2019 New Drivers License issued with correct gender
9-5-2019 Social Security card updated
10-12-2019 Birth certificate updated
2-22-2020 One year HRT

Offline AnneK

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:59:02 pm »
My doctor said it didn't make any difference what time. However, I take E in the morning and E in the evening.  I also take Dutasteride in the evening.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Missttee

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 06:28:02 am »
Thanks ladies, I looked into it and they said am is best to take the E and the T-blocker. Hope everyone has a great day, I know I will

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 08:02:55 am »
Congratulations Missttee on starting HRT after clarifying best time of the day to start and to continue.

You'll remember taking your first tablets forever!

I wish you every happiness and success on your journey.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:12:10 pm »
Missttee:

Congrats on starting your HRT journey !

Hugs,

Holly

Online ramilove

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 10:41:10 am »
Missttee
Congratulation on starting HRT.  Talk your dosing administration over with your health care provider. Estrogen is a very powerful hormone, a little goes a long way. Do follow directions. Do abstain from drugs, alcohol and especially any and all forms of tobacco. Do adopt a healthy life style, diet, exercise, sleep, hydration.  I split my estradiol mono therapy, half in the morning and the other half in the evening 12 hours later.
Love
Rami
Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Offline Missttee

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 01:24:10 pm »
I don’t smoke or do drugs but I def enjoy a glass of wine here and there. I have heard of lots of pple splitting the E and taking twice a day. I may try that after my 3 month checkup with my dr. I’m on day 4 now and so far just notice I swear less and it doesn’t smell as much but other than that no change. I look forward to each and every change in the years to come.

Online ramilove

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 12:53:35 pm »
I split my dose to even out the peaks. I do not know that it makes a difference at the my dosing levels. People do weekly and bi weekly injections with great results. I suspect that these people are relatively young with resilient bodies.  At 67 and not a spring chicken, though the Estradiol may make me feel that way, am taking it slow and taking it all in and enjoying the ride.
Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Tags: