Author Topic: Comparison of our HRT Blood Test Results  (Read 19400 times)

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Jade" girl slave in "The Badland's" poppy fields!
Re: Comparison of our HRT Blood Test Results
« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2021, 05:37:00 am »
Pamela (and All),

Been wanting to ask: if one's doctor does "televisits" (not in-person) then how are people here getting insurance re-embursed for labs that are ordered/performed "on-line"? Mine uses "Patient Portal" and "Quest Diagnostics" but most all testing sites, including supporting third-party, insist on "self-pay only" the results of which can only then "be forwarded to your physician"?

Not wanting to be a complete pest I had emailed the scheduling desk but got an answer that was 'bout "clear as mud!" QuestD does record my insurance information but doesn't the doc office have to order the tests NOT ME?   :-\

I don't see on any testing site where a connection between "doctor/patient" is made! I DO 'ave the ability to create a pseudonym email login that he can create/use (and then shared, forwarded to me) for his ordering/payment can THAT be how it's done?

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2021, 10:43:22 am »
Pamela (and All),

Been wanting to ask: if one's doctor does "televisits" (not in-person) then how are people here getting insurance re-embursed for labs that are ordered/performed "on-line"? Mine uses "Patient Portal" and "Quest Diagnostics" but most all testing sites, including supporting third-party, insist on "self-pay only" the results of which can only then "be forwarded to your physician"?

Not wanting to be a complete pest I had emailed the scheduling desk but got an answer that was 'bout "clear as mud!" QuestD does record my insurance information but doesn't the doc office have to order the tests NOT ME?   :-\

I don't see on any testing site where a connection between "doctor/patient" is made! I DO 'ave the ability to create a pseudonym email login that he can create/use (and then shared, forwarded to me) for his ordering/payment can THAT be how it's done?
Hi Chloe, my doctor also uses the patient portal and Quest Diagnostics. I see the doc virtually via phone after my initial visit.

Usually I've gone in to the office and the nurse drew my blood which was sent to Quest. Insurance covered everything as expected and I never had to contact Quest directly to give them my insurance info. I guess the doctor forwarded it to them.

This last time the doctor's office couldn't draw my blood, so they gave me a paper Quest lab order signed by the doctor which I took over to Quest for the draw. I didn't have to do anything other than check in on the kiosk and give the paper to the person drawing my blood. No admin people visibly involved.

So in short I think the doctor's office should be doing all the interfacing for you.

I hope you can get it all worked out.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk
Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Myranda

« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2021, 11:58:59 am »
Pamela (and All),

My doctor's office put in the lab order with Quest, I show up at quest, they pull up my info, see the doctor's order, draw my blood.  I leave.  a couple days later I get an email from Quest the at send me to their website whereI log in and can see my results, and my doctor is also notified of the results.  They send me a message to discuss the results via their patient portal, and if needed I schedule a tele-health visit with my doctor to discuss in more detail. 

Only one did Quest insist on my paying upfront for my lab work based upon an estimate of my insurance, and that was totally wrong and I ended up over paying that time.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2021, 11:46:23 pm »
All this discussion of the lab and blood draws made me realize I had a small difference on this last draw that I reported to Pamela the other day.

I went to the doctor's office for my weekly estradiol injection and this time they were also to draw blood. Of course normally they would draw the blood first, then inject. But they were out of supplies for drawing, so after the injection they gave me the lab order as I described above and I went to Quest for the blood draw. I'd guess it took about 45 minutes from injection to blood draw.

Does anyone have any idea how much, if at all, this might have skewed my results toward the high end? I don't know how quickly the estradiol valerate in oil is absorbed when injected intramuscularly (buttock).

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Jade" girl slave in "The Badland's" poppy fields!
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2021, 04:59:26 am »
        Thx @Randi @Myranda just as suspected will contact office again after 5-6 week baseline established as it's only been 15 days now but anxious to see result(s). Doc now espouses tabs 1'st, increasing stored estrone levels, prior to switching to IM's for more natural breast growth mine are definitely "acting up" again so . . We Shall See!

Suppose tests ordered by doctors are "custom" the "packaged" ones I see on Quest, probably just most popular, don't even come close to fulfilling what I would consider us needing. Best, most comprehensive tests, I've found price-wise are "third party" here and there (both Private MD)

Thx Again Cheers!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2021, 08:33:03 am »
Thank you Randi for informing me that by no fault of yours, your draw was not in fact a true trough reading.

I am sure Rakel will answer your question above soon.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2021, 06:44:03 pm »
... I'd guess it took about 45 minutes from injection to blood draw.

Does anyone have any idea how much, if at all, this might have skewed my results toward the high end?...

There is not enough specific information here to make a definitive statement.

However, since most injectable Estradiol are sustained release, I would expect little increase in your blood levels after only 45 minutes from injection to blood draw. One thing is certain, your blood level was no higher than 492 pg/ml before the injection and regardless if it was slightly lower, that would still put you in the ballpark for a transition dose.

Your doctor will make the decision if dose adjustment is needed or not. I expect they will take a wait and see approach to your hormone levels.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #387 on: June 03, 2021, 03:34:33 am »
Talk about peaks and troughs , last 2 E reading were low around the 150 mark, one before was 1000+ and now this one taken on 19th May is high. 1220 pmol/L for Oestradiol , T is still 0.8 nmol/L . Creatinine is still slightly high , not sure if HRT is affecting the results as dip test is fine.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2021, 04:35:48 am »
Talk about peaks and troughs , last 2 E reading were low around the 150 mark, one before was 1000+ and now this one taken on 19th May is high. 1220 pmol/L for Oestradiol , T is still 0.8 nmol/L . Creatinine is still slightly high , not sure if HRT is affecting the results as dip test is fine.

Are you drawing bloods at precisely the same time after taking your hormones? You did mention Peaks and troughs!

Hugs,

Allie

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #389 on: June 03, 2021, 07:32:15 am »
The last 2 were, sometimes its hard to get into the docs to see the nurse when you need to.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2021, 08:11:37 am »
Thank you Davina for your BT results which I have tabulated below

E(Intl)                E(US)                T(Intl)                T(US)

After 31 months                             683                   186                     0.4                     12

After 33 months                             624                   170                     0.9                      26

After 35 months                            1068                  291                     1.0                      29

After 38 months                             183                     50                      1.1                     32

After 41 months                            1220                  332                      0.8                     23

Thank you Davina for your latest BT readings which I have added to your table above.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2021, 08:16:35 am »
The last 2 were, sometimes its hard to get into the docs to see the nurse when you need to.

Hello again Davina

Sorry I hadn't realized that you go to Doctor's Office to see Nurse for your Blood Test.

I am fortunate in that I have my BT at a local hospital in South Liverpool for which I need an Appointment but I fix the Appointment such that I may seek a trough reading. Sorry you don't have that option.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2021, 08:25:53 am »
Hello Everyone

Just to confirm that it was pointless snd not cost-effective to have my E&T BT in March as I have been instructed to come off hormones prior to my GRS MDV in April. I shall resume hormones in May and have my next quarterly BT in June.

Obviously you are all still very welcome to post your E&T BT results at any time. Thanking you.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Some of you may know that my GRS MDV scheduled for April 28th was postponed by my surgeon which was devastating but fortunately shortly thereafter I was granted another Appointment for June 10th. (Coincidentally on April 28th I arranged my second Covid-19 jab).

Therefore my next BT will be in August after 42 months HRT.

Please girls, by all means continue to provide your latest E&T results which I am happy to convert as so many Members have an interest in this subject. Thanking you all.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #393 on: June 03, 2021, 11:41:35 am »
Pamela thank you for your diligence in keeping our BT results up to date.

Good luck with your upcoming (Soon!!!) Minimum depth surgery. I will be following your experience to the extent you are comfortable posting about it. Should I ever get bottom surgery this is what I would likely get.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2021, 02:16:31 am »
E 330
T 17

Trough reading
Weekly IM estradiol injection
No blocker

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2021, 06:29:15 am »
Thank you Maddie for your latest BT results which have stabilized, indeed always best to seek trough reading.

E(US)                         E(Intl)                          T(US)                         T(Intl)

March 2021                 317                             1164                             25                               0.9

June 2021                    330                             1211                             17                               0.6

Sending love and happiness to you.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2021, 08:31:05 pm »
Latest blood test results, taken June 28th at trough. I inject Estradiol Valerate intramuscularly, weekly on Mondays.

Estradiol 267 pg/mL
Testosterone, total 9 ng/dL
Testosterone, free 0.3 pg/mL

My metabolic panel looks pretty normal. This is all good news. I'm especially happy that my Estradiol came down to a more normal range from the previously high 492 value.

I am at 8 months on HRT, EV and Finasteride being the only medicines I'm taking. No blocker.

Summary of my results so far:
- 11/3/20 initial draw prior to any HRT. E 22pg/mL (reference 19-357 female depending on cycle phase, <=31 postmenopausal, <=39 male), T 898 ng/dL total (ref 250-1100 male, 2-45 female), 93.6 pg/mL free (ref 35-155 male, 0.1-6.4 female), sex hormone binding globulin 72 nmol/L (ref 22-77 M, 14-73 F)
- 1/4/21, E 31, T 14
- 4/5/21, E 492, T 8
- 6/28/21 E 267, T 9

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2021, 01:13:02 am »
My last test 6/8/21

Estradiol 60.0
Testosterone 282.0

Only on finasteride and oral estradiol.

19 hours from last dose.

Had my estradiol dose increased 50% to solidly in full transition range. Yah!

Will probably get another estradiol bump in three months if my number need it.

I do love the calming feeling on a higher dose.

Hugs,

Holly

PS. Pam hope you are recovering  well ! Much love!

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2021, 01:37:48 pm »
Thank you Randi for your latest BT results which I am happy to tabulate below:

E(US)                           E(Intl)                           T(US)                         T(Intl)

After 2 months                        31                                114                               14                                0.5

After 5 months                       492                              1806                               8                                 0.3

After 8 months                       267                               980                                9                                 0.3

Wishing  you further success and happiness on your journey.

Hugs

Pamela  xx                     

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2021, 01:55:27 pm »
Thank you Holly for your latest results which I have added to your table below.

I hope you both enjoy and benefit mentally physically and arithmetically from your higher E dosage.

I am on the gradual road to recovery from surgery and expect to report on GCS Board this week.

Thank you for your support and friendship.

Sending love to you.

Hugs

Pamela xx

E (US)              E (Intl)            T (US)            T (Intl)

Start                                                   14.5                  53                   553                 19.2

After 2.5 months                              49.5                 182                   80                    2.8

After 5.5 months                              80.5                 296                  305                 10.6

After 8.5 months                              70.4                 258                   90                    3.1

After 11 months                                60                   220                   282                  9.8

Wishing you every happiness and success on your journey.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Tags: Cycling HRT