Author Topic: Comparison of our HRT Blood Test Results  (Read 10735 times)

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
Re: Comparison of our HRT Blood Test Results
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2020, 04:17:23 am »
Sorry to  hear that Davina

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2020, 04:43:48 am »
My  E reading 1480 Int 403 US and my T 0.3 Int 9 US

Hugs

Pamela. xx

Offline Tamara Tilly

• Friend
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2020, 04:45:52 am »
Titrating very slowly with my estradiol valerate upwards and my tostran downwards. Latest results, taken yesterday:

Serum oestradiol 236 pmol/L

Serum testosterone 5.9 nmol/L

Serum total HCG level <1 iu/L

Everything else is in range.

I would be very grateful for comments. I am guessing you will all think the oestradiol is slightly low? I am a little light-headed sometimes and so I have just written to my endo to increase my estradiol valerate by another notch.

xx

Offline Tamara Tilly

• Friend
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2020, 04:50:20 am »
Tamara,

Not trying to tread on Pamela's toes but,

E2 3117pmol/L (Int) is 849pg/mL (US)
T at 400nmol/L (Int) is 11536ng/dL (US)

Those number are insane, I would suspect the test result before worrying that anything is wrong.

I can conclusively state that the finger prick test is wildly inaccurate as I did one yesterday the same time as the 'proper' one at hospital using a venous draw. The latter are the results I posted a few minutes ago. The finger prick came back insanely out of scale. Clearly useless for anyone taking exogenous or oral hormones. Be warned! xx

Offline Tamara Tilly

• Friend
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2020, 01:34:46 am »
I've posted up something about reference ranges here:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,252819.new.html#new

xx

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2020, 07:38:28 am »
Well picked up my new patches and they haven't reduced them (yet) ,need to arrange a blood test anyway so will see what that is.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2020, 11:34:22 am »
Tamara

Thank you for your E&T readings of 236 (64pg/ml) and 5.9 (170ng/dl).

I am not a doctor but would agree that E looks on the low side. Good luck to increase it!

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2020, 11:39:44 am »
Davina

Glad your Patch  Dosage not reduced.

Good luck in achieving your BT target!.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #328 on: May 26, 2020, 01:41:40 am »
My 13 month E level was 420 int'l and T the same at 0.3 Int'l. but I was still having no development, so my Endo doubled my dose! I started to see development within a couple of days!

My GP rang me today to say my 14 month E level had almost tripled to 1200 Int'l and T the same at 0.3, but my GP thinks they don't measure T below that, so it could be lower.

I see my Endo next Tuesday and we will reduce my dose and try to lower my level closer to the 800 int'l target I have set.

Hugs,

Allie

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2020, 10:12:37 am »
Thank you Allie for your BT readings after 13 & 14 months.

T of 0.3 Intl converts to 9 US ànd E of 420 and 1200 Intl converts to 114 and 327 US respectively.

Wishing you good luck on Tuesday June 2nd.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2020, 01:06:00 pm »
My latest results are
2210 E
23.3 T

I'm alarmed at the E.  My last draw in Feb showed 996 and I have greatly reduced my dose (which was already relatively low) since then.  I'm taking less than half what I was.  Surprised to see that instead of going down, the level more than doubled.  My Dr says she's never seen a level that high but hasn't told me to change, I have an appt next week and will ask again.  Even my last reduction was based on my own judgement.  When I asked about the 996 level i was told to do what I thought best.  My logic was to significantly reduce the dose.  Instead my levels went up.  Hopefully this info helps someone be aware this can happen.
If you know what life is worth you will look for yours on Earth

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2020, 02:49:24 pm »
Hello again Maddie

Your T reading converts to 0.8 Intl and your E reading converts to 8113 Intl.

I have also never seen such a high E reading.

You are absolutely correct to point out the possible danger of very high BT results.

I truly hope you and your doctor resolve this problem soon.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Online JanePlain

• Living the dream.
« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2020, 04:04:45 pm »
I think part of the problem is that despite an emphasis on evidence based medicine, there is a dearth of evidence on which to base a program of HRT for transmen and women. Couple that with the patient's desire to see rapid results, the informed consent model on which many HRT programs operate for transgender individuals and the use of E2 and P4 to control T and you end up with exactly what you describe. A wide variety of blood hormone levels and recommendations from different doctors.

Sisterly hugs,
Jennifer

Its bad enough that there are so many different ways to take hormones (Injections, Sprays, Patches, Pills, Pills under the Tongue, Compounded paste, Gel Pumps, Gel "Rulers") and figuring out the equivilants? Good luck.

I do wish there was a closer agreement on the goal numbers and more information on Progesterone, DHEA, correct Testosterone levels and? 

Its not just different countries that use different scales but I've seen different "norms" from different labs in the USA so they don't even agree with each other or the labs are done differently.  "Fast Estrogen" versus panels - Ugh!  Plus I'm a bit confused by the levels of different types of estrogen...

I have to credit my endo for dialing back some of my anxiety with her setting a limit and telling me to adjust until it felt right then come back and do labs.  Then adjust down ;-)  I guess I got a bit E2 happy...

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #333 on: June 30, 2020, 11:50:28 am »
Hello Everyone

Apologies for the delay but in December I had my 22 Month BTs and my history is as detailed below:

E (Intl)          E (US)          T (Intl)          T (US)

After 3 Months           922              251                1.6               46

After 6 Months          1662             453                2.4               69

After 9 Months           442              120                0.7               20

After 12 Months         558              152                0.2                 6

After 16 Months         242                66                0.4               12

After 19 Months         819               223               0.2                 6

After 22 Months         941               256               0.3                 9

After 25 Months        1480              403               0.3                 9

After 28 Months        1403              382               0.5                14

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Hello again

I have added to the above table my March and June results which show similar high E figures  but I am not complaining.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Tags: Cycling HRT