Author Topic: Comparison of our HRT Blood Test Results  (Read 12669 times)

Offline Maddie

• Family
Re: Comparison of our HRT Blood Test Results
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2020, 01:06:00 pm »
My latest results are
2210 E
23.3 T

I'm alarmed at the E.  My last draw in Feb showed 996 and I have greatly reduced my dose (which was already relatively low) since then.  I'm taking less than half what I was.  Surprised to see that instead of going down, the level more than doubled.  My Dr says she's never seen a level that high but hasn't told me to change, I have an appt next week and will ask again.  Even my last reduction was based on my own judgement.  When I asked about the 996 level i was told to do what I thought best.  My logic was to significantly reduce the dose.  Instead my levels went up.  Hopefully this info helps someone be aware this can happen.

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2020, 02:49:24 pm »
Hello again Maddie

Your T reading converts to 0.8 Intl and your E reading converts to 8113 Intl.

I have also never seen such a high E reading.

You are absolutely correct to point out the possible danger of very high BT results.

I truly hope you and your doctor resolve this problem soon.

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2020, 04:04:45 pm »
I think part of the problem is that despite an emphasis on evidence based medicine, there is a dearth of evidence on which to base a program of HRT for transmen and women. Couple that with the patient's desire to see rapid results, the informed consent model on which many HRT programs operate for transgender individuals and the use of E2 and P4 to control T and you end up with exactly what you describe. A wide variety of blood hormone levels and recommendations from different doctors.

Sisterly hugs,
Jennifer

Its bad enough that there are so many different ways to take hormones (Injections, Sprays, Patches, Pills, Pills under the Tongue, Compounded paste, Gel Pumps, Gel "Rulers") and figuring out the equivilants? Good luck.

I do wish there was a closer agreement on the goal numbers and more information on Progesterone, DHEA, correct Testosterone levels and? 

Its not just different countries that use different scales but I've seen different "norms" from different labs in the USA so they don't even agree with each other or the labs are done differently.  "Fast Estrogen" versus panels - Ugh!  Plus I'm a bit confused by the levels of different types of estrogen...

I have to credit my endo for dialing back some of my anxiety with her setting a limit and telling me to adjust until it felt right then come back and do labs.  Then adjust down ;-)  I guess I got a bit E2 happy...

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2020, 11:50:28 am »
Hello Everyone

Apologies for the delay but in December I had my 22 Month BTs and my history is as detailed below:

E (Intl)          E (US)          T (Intl)          T (US)

After 3 Months           922              251                1.6               46

After 6 Months          1662             453                2.4               69

After 9 Months           442              120                0.7               20

After 12 Months         558              152                0.2                 6

After 16 Months         242                66                0.4               12

After 19 Months         819               223               0.2                 6

After 22 Months         941               256               0.3                 9

After 25 Months        1480              403               0.3                 9

After 28 Months        1403              382               0.5                14

Hugs

Pamela  xx

Hello again

I have added to the above table my March and June results which show similar high E figures  but I am not complaining.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2020, 01:54:36 pm »
July results Oestradiol 683 pmol/l ( last was 161 ? I do wonder if they do test properly ) E 0.4 nmol/l ,all my other results are bang in middle of limits .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2020, 04:01:33 pm »
Thank you Davina for your 31 Months E result of 683 (Intl) 186 (US) and T of 0.4 (Intl) 12 (US).

I understand GRS surgeons require E to be within a strict Range; your latest  E seems about right to me. Wishing you good luck both with BTs but more importantly as you approach the end of your journey.

My E is probably too high (my post above refers) and I need to reduce it. I know not why my last three readings have been so high.

Looking forward  to seeing you after the pandemic.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline bobbiesj

« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:54 pm »
Hi,

Here are my numbers.

Apologies for the delay but Covid is all around us.

E (US)          T (US)

04/8/19                    105               49 - Bi-Est

11/1/19.                   119               71

1/22/20                    330               25 - 1st dosage of Pellets started December, 2019, Progesterone

2/21/20                    291               28 

7/23/20                    646               27 - 2nd dosage of Pellets (1 month prior) - Doctor assumes some Estradiol still remaining from the initial pellets, , Progesterone

Obviously, pellets have made a huge difference in my numbers and in my HRT overall.

Sincerely,
Bobbie

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2020, 04:41:18 pm »
Hi,

Here are my numbers.

Apologies for the delay but Covid is all around us.

E (US)          T (US)          E(Intl)       T(Intl)

105               49             385             1.7          3 Months

401                31            1472           1.1          6 Months

119               71             437             2.5          10 Months

330               25            1211           0.9          12 Months

291               28            1068           1.0          13 Months

646               27           2372           0.9          18 Months

Obviously, pellets have made a huge difference in my numbers and in my HRT overall.

Sincerely,
Bobbie

Thank you Bobbie for your results to which I have added your 6 Month results given to me last year and the conversions of all to Intl.

Wishing you continued happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2020, 01:43:23 am »
Been a while since I have been tested, but at 22 months I just got the following when testing on day 7 of a 7 day injection cycle...

E 254 pg/ml
T 21 ng/dLg

Highest my T has been since all this started, which is a good thing, I think it has been too low previously.  I'm actually at a really low dose now on injectable E, which I guess is good because the bottles are lasting a long time.  As far as I can tell, nothing has changed physically since the first 6 months or so really.  I'm okay with it though, I no longer have any goals to transition, happy enough the way things are now... and much different outlook on what matters to me in the Covid world.

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2020, 08:47:24 am »
Thank you Kate for your 22 Month results. E of 254 converts to 932 Intl and 21 converts to 0.7 Intl.

Sending you love and happiness.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2020, 07:53:56 am »
Kally has very kindly sent me her E results after 3 and 9 months of 257 and 900 Intl which convert to 70 and 245 US
                                                    and T results after 3 and 9 months of 6.3 and 4.7 which convert to 182 and 135 US

Thank you so much Kally  and sending you love and happiness.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2020, 09:02:37 am »
Thank you Allie (Jayne) for letting me have your 15 and 17 months results and for doing the conversions as below.

E (Intl)               E (US)                T (Intl)              T(US)

653                    178                     0.3                     9              After 15 Months

830                    226                     0.3                     9              After  17 Months

I am delighted  to see you have now reached your E Target and that T remains so low that you may now move to annual BT for T.

Sending you love and happiness

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2020, 03:09:14 am »
My latest bloods, Oestradiol 624 pmol/L Testosterone 0.9 nmo/L
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #333 on: September 21, 2020, 08:55:37 am »
Thank you Davina for your 33 Months E result of 624 (Intl) 170 (US) and T of 0.9 (Intl) 26 (US)

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Laura1951

• Friend
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2020, 08:12:20 pm »
My one-year HRT results.

E: 147 (us)
T: <20 (us)

The doc says my E is in the goal range. I'm not thrilled but I understand that due to my age (69), they worry about the possibility of a heart attack or stroke if my E is higher.

oh, well.

Laura
One New Life to Live (My personal blog)

Laura's HRT Journal     |     Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2020, 12:04:22 am »
My one-year HRT results.

E: 147 (us)
T: <20 (us)

The doc says my E is in the goal range. I'm not thrilled but I understand that due to my age (69), they worry about the possibility of a heart attack or stroke if my E is higher.

oh, well.

Laura

Laura, you are on the lower end of the transition range. I don't think it's the E level they worry about, more likely they are worried about raising your dosage due to the slight increase in the risk of clots. If you are active, and there is no history of clots, you may want to think about finding another doctor. Unfortunately, most medical providers worry more about their risks than yours! I just had to fire my Endo as he was trying to treat me as a post menopausal woman! If you are not feeling good about your levels, find another doctor!

Hugs,

Allie

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2020, 03:09:51 am »
Laura, you are on the lower end of the transition range. I don't think it's the E level they worry about, more likely they are worried about raising your dosage due to the slight increase in the risk of clots. If you are active, and there is no history of clots, you may want to think about finding another doctor. Unfortunately, most medical providers worry more about their risks than yours! I just had to fire my Endo as he was trying to treat me as a post menopausal woman! If you are not feeling good about your levels, find another doctor!

Hugs,

Allie

I don't know, if that's actually her levels at trough, probably not bad actually, especially since she is achieving low T levels.  I know Kaiser sticks pretty hard as a policy towards the sub 200 E target.  Mine brings it up all the time and that it is an HMO driven policy.  Can't really blame the providers for worrying about their liability.  They're responding rationally to a legal system that punishes them severely for going outside the lines if something goes wrong.

Having said that, every time my endo sees my levels over 200, he mentions that it should be under, but doesn't do anything about it directly other than recommending lower doses of injections potentially. Making the recommendation covers him, I ultimately control the injections though within reason.  I keep mine just over 200, but have been slowly ratcheting down... used to have 400ish levels and it didn't seem to buy me anything extra.  If anything my breasts feel more active since my levels have gotten lower.  It will be two years of HRT soon with what were "good" levels throughout.  You'd be hard pressed to notice that I was anything other than the male sex I was born into and am settling into remaining as on the outside.  I just smell a lot better. :)  Totally worth it!

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2020, 10:40:32 am »
Thank you Laura for your 12 Months HRT results. E of147 (US) converts to 540 (Intl) and T of 20 converts to 0.7 (Intl).

I assume that these are indeed your trough (or perhaps mid) readings.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2020, 10:48:54 am »
Allie/Kate

As you may recall my E readings have also been high - 1403 (Intl) 382 (US) the last time.

I am planning GRS  and have been advised to reduce my E dosage of E-Gel which applied from August 3rd with the aim of reducing my E reading. We will see  how much my level has reduced when my I have my next BT on October 1st.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2020, 11:24:29 am »
Thank you Allie (Jayne) for letting me have your 15 and 17 months results and for doing the conversions as below.

E (Intl)               E (US)                T (Intl)              T(US)

653                    178                     0.3                     9              After 15 Months

830                    226                     0.3                     9              After  17 Months

750                    204                                                                After 18 Months

I am delighted  to see you have now reached your E Target and that T remains so low that you may now move to annual BT for T.

Sending you love and happiness

Hugs

Pamela xx

Allie has just given me her 18 Month E result which I have added to the table above.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Tags: Cycling HRT