Author Topic: Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:50:10 pm »
Was wondering if anyone had first-hand experience with Kelly.

I've had laser on my face and am not unhappy with my results. I'll certainly never grow a beard again.

Unfortunately, I'd started going grey before coming out to myself, and even before then my beard was a melange of brown, black, blonde and red. Laser just won't clear everything, and there are some very dark hairs that it can't seem to clear no matter what.

I live near Chicago, and when I mentioned electrolysis to my tdoc, she immediately blurted out "Kelly."

The website looks promising. When I used the search function on Susan's, I was able to draw up a couple of mentions, but it left me wanting to know a little more.

I was just wondering if anyone could speak first-hand to their experiences there.

Thanks!
Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Renee.D

• Kindness and Confidence are infectious!
Re: Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:07:50 pm »
Was wondering if anyone had first-hand experience with Kelly.

I've had laser on my face and am not unhappy with my results. I'll certainly never grow a beard again.

Unfortunately, I'd started going grey before coming out to myself, and even before then my beard was a melange of brown, black, blonde and red. Laser just won't clear everything, and there are some very dark hairs that it can't seem to clear no matter what.

I live near Chicago, and when I mentioned electrolysis to my tdoc, she immediately blurted out "Kelly."

The website looks promising. When I used the search function on Susan's, I was able to draw up a couple of mentions, but it left me wanting to know a little more.

I was just wondering if anyone could speak first-hand to their experiences there.

Thanks!
@Jamie320 goes to Kelly and speaks highly of her.

I am going to be going to Precision Hair Removal in Chicago. Jamie had recommended them to me as well.

Both places work closely with the transgender community and offer large portion hair removal.
My first round of removal will be 30 hours long! Two days with 2 techs working on me for 8 hours each day!

I recommend talking to Jamie320 for some more first hand information. Kelly is a very sweet person from the conversations I have had with her.

Good luck!
Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

Offline KatieP

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 11:43:59 am »
@Jamie320 goes to Kelly and speaks highly of her.

I am going to be going to Precision Hair Removal in Chicago. Jamie had recommended them to me as well.

Both places work closely with the transgender community and offer large portion hair removal.
My first round of removal will be 30 hours long! Two days with 2 techs working on me for 8 hours each day!

I recommend talking to Jamie320 for some more first hand information. Kelly is a very sweet person from the conversations I have had with her.

Good luck!
Lacy

Hi Lacy, Have you done the major session yet? Any reports you can make?

Thanks!!!

Kate

Offline Renee.D

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:44:44 pm »
Hi Lacy, Have you done the major session yet? Any reports you can make?

Thanks!!!

Kate
Kate,
My session is on the second week of May. The doctor is on Vacation for the months of March and April.

I will make sure to do a thorough catalog of my experiences for everyone.

Lacy

Offline KatieP

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 03:46:21 pm »
Kate,
My session is on the second week of May. The doctor is on Vacation for the months of March and April.

I will make sure to do a thorough catalog of my experiences for everyone.

Lacy

Ping? Any experiences you would like to share? Hairy faces want to know...  ;D

Thanks!

Katie

Offline Renee.D

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 09:38:42 am »
Ping? Any experiences you would like to share? Hairy faces want to know...  ;D

Thanks!

Katie
Katie,
I was just thinking about you this week! My May appointment had to be rescheduled to July 8, 9 due to some Family graduations that took place in May.

I already have the days off, so this is it! I will make sure to give some before and after pictures along with my experiences!

Lacy

Offline AutumnLeaves

• Friend
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 10:17:04 am »
Just for the record, I am going to be at Precision Hair Removal on June 25th and 26th for basically a full body clearing (my face has been clear for ages but I want my legs, underarms, tummy, etc. done along with basically a full Brazilian bikini line.) It's gonna be quite the trip, but I am looking forward to it. I am guessing I will probably need to go back three times or so and then I can get the stragglers removed by somebody local to me.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 09:03:58 pm »
Katie,
I was just thinking about you this week! My May appointment had to be rescheduled to July 8, 9 due to some Family graduations that took place in May.

I already have the days off, so this is it! I will make sure to give some before and after pictures along with my experiences!

Lacy

Fabulous!!

I was actually scheduled for 11 - 12 July, but then found out I had to work that week, so I postponed to the end of August. Which, is perfect for me, so that I can hear your stories!!!

Thank you for going first...!

Katie

Offline Renee.D

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 10:01:35 pm »
I love that there are several of us scheduled so close together! I am counting down the days to getting my face electrified!

I have 10+ years of electrical experience. I have been hit by 110v 220v 480v 277v and I'm ready for another shocking experience!

I have actually had a surprising reduction in facial hair from the HRT. I will post some pictures once my beard grows out a bit longer.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 09:10:56 pm »

I have actually had a surprising reduction in facial hair from the HRT. I will post some pictures once my beard grows out a bit longer.

OMG. You have way more guts than I do. One of my biggest issues in scheduling weekly sessions is trying to grow out my facial hair enough for the electrologist to do their thing. It sort of means 4 days of not going outside. I can't imagine letting people see me like that. I was SO embarrassed to let it grow for a few days to take pictures to send to the Precision Hair people. I just hated having to memorialize that. I understand why they needed the pictures. It just hurt to wait, and it hurt to take and see the pictures.

So, I am pretty sure I won't ever post the before pictures on any web site.

As I have said many times, fundamentally, I am a coward. And, I am amazed how often that is proven during transition...

And too am happy that several of us are in the same calendar quarter. It does give me hope...

Katie

Offline Renee.D

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 03:42:13 pm »

OMG. You have way more guts than I do. One of my biggest issues in scheduling weekly sessions is trying to grow out my facial hair enough for the electrologist to do their thing. It sort of means 4 days of not going outside. I can't imagine letting people see me like that. I was SO embarrassed to let it grow for a few days to take pictures to send to the Precision Hair people. I just hated having to memorialize that. I understand why they needed the pictures. It just hurt to wait, and it hurt to take and see the pictures.

So, I am pretty sure I won't ever post the before pictures on any web site.

As I have said many times, fundamentally, I am a coward. And, I am amazed how often that is proven during transition...

And too am happy that several of us are in the same calendar quarter. It does give me hope...

Katie

I hated growing it out for the new patient pictures as well. I hadn't gone without shaving for a long time when I did that.

For the sake of showing people just beginning  transition I feel like I will pony up and post some distressing pictures. My beard used to be long enough to nearly touch my chest! I was majorly compensating.

Facial hair is easily one of my biggest triggers now. I am not going full time until August 15th. That is probably the inly reason I can grow it out long enough to get some photos!

After electrolysis though, there will be no growing any of it out until I have to for future appointments!

Offline KatieP

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 04:22:04 pm »

I hated growing it out for the new patient pictures as well. I hadn't gone without shaving for a long time when I did that.

For the sake of showing people just beginning  transition I feel like I will pony up and post some distressing pictures. My beard used to be long enough to nearly touch my chest! I was majorly compensating.

Facial hair is easily one of my biggest triggers now. I am not going full time until August 15th. That is probably the inly reason I can grow it out long enough to get some photos!

After electrolysis though, there will be no growing any of it out until I have to for future appointments!

Yep. Although, when you say, "After electrolysis" are you talking after the first session, or after the 4th or 5th session when they should be mostly done?

I have done nearly everything about transition backwards. I am full time at work. This cause two huge problems: 1. I have to shave every day, and if the day goes long, twice a day. 2. It is nearly impossible to go 5 days without shaving unless I am on vacation or have some other excuse to not be at work in front of people. It was a stupid path to take, but I was too impatient to follow the steps, and just jumped in.

You, OTOH, are FAR smarter.

Good job!!!

I have to say too, that imagining your profile picture with a beard is literally impossible for me, and I have quite an imagination...   ;D

Katie

Offline Renee.D

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 07:21:32 am »
Okay! So I knocked out day one yesterday at Precision Hair Removal. I was lucky and had Irina and Ivana. They are a fantastic team. That isn't to say anyone else isn't good. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful!

Dr. Z is very friendly and down to earth. He came in 3 time to shoot me up with Lidocaine.  I want to sit down and make a list of everything that I wished I had known going into this. That way you girls won't have any surprises.

Mainly be prepared for massive amounts of swelling. I didn't know it would be so intense.  I went out to the car at 8 and my wife lost it. My kids look at me like I'm from outer space!

I have attached 4 pictures. Before, during, after and morning after!

Before

During

After

Morning After

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 08:33:54 am »
Thank you for sharing your experience Lacy!

Northern IL is really not that far to go for me, considering...I should look into this and inquire about cost.
I'm in NE WI, and have been slowly chipping away at this stone since 2015 with an electrolyst who has never cleared a transwoman face.

Offline Renee.D

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 10:59:46 am »
Thank you for sharing your experience Lacy!

Northern IL is really not that far to go for me, considering...I should look into this and inquire about cost.
I'm in NE WI, and have been slowly chipping away at this stone since 2015 with an electrolyst who has never cleared a transwoman face.
Maddie,
I am glad I have the opportunity to share!

The beard is my biggest trigger. I used to wear it down to my chest when I was trying to convince myself that I was male. That may be why!

I live in Iowa and am about 4.5 hours away from Chicago. I would highly recommend going  to Precision for hair removal. They are great!

I am headed back home today, so I will give another little update. I am thinking I will make a separate thread regarding my full experience and what I wished I knew before hand.

They were able to get my hair removed except for a small patch on my lower neck. Probably 30 minutes worth.

My medicine wore off with an hour left. That was the longest hour of my life! With so much trauma to the area already, the discomfort was intense. It doesn't hurt at all today. It is just super itchy.

Here are some more pictures.

During day 2 (Neck)

After

Discoloration. Turned out it was from where they rested their arms!

Morning after day 2!

Needless to say, I am ready for a break. I feel so uncomfortably swollen. I was told that I was mildly swollen compared to most girls! I can't imagine. I genuinely feel for anyone who has more swelling.

I was so tired last night that i failed with my regular icing and slept crooked which didn't help with the swelling.

Lacy

Offline KatieP

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 08:49:15 pm »
WOW!!

A fabulous update. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I was scheduled for today and tomorrow, but work got in the way, and i am now scheduled for 29 - 30 August. So, this is SUPER timely!

As it heals, can you let us know when you had to shave again, and when you thought you could use makeup again?

As well, from your perspective, did they do a "complete" clearing in the two days, except for that small patch you mentioned? That is, in the places they DID work on, at the moment, is there truly no hair there? (For the moment, I know...)

You didn't mention lots of oozing. The last time I did this with the people in Dallas, I oozed for a very long time. Your face looks really great on that front.

Thank you again for doing this!

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 08:50:00 pm »
Hi and thanks for the update ! -

Katie: You mentioned Dallas, was it Electrology3000 that you went to? Are you now switching to Precision hair removal in IL?

Offline KatieP

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 01:02:10 am »
Hi and thanks for the update ! -

Katie: You mentioned Dallas, was it Electrology3000 that you went to? Are you now switching to Precision hair removal in IL?

Yes. It was a while back, and it was called, Electrology 2000 at the time. For me, it was a terrible experience. I still have scars from it, and AFAICT, no actual reduction in hair in the locations they worked on.

And, yes, I am trying Precision Hair Removal. I am scheduled for the end of August for 2 days. We'll see how it goes. But I am soooo encouraged by Lacy's experience.

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 09:24:26 am »
Oh! I am sorry to hear that. I went to Electrology3000 and had Denise (one of the co-owners) & a technician work on my face. Its too early to say anything because i have only had 1 clearing on my face. I also looked into Precision in Chicago but went to Dallas instead. When i read up about Precision's process, i saw that they too use the thermolysis technique but as skills vary depending on operator, one could be better than the other...I wish the whole profession of Electrology was more standardized esp male beard removals... I would love to know more about your experience though if youre comfortable ofcourse... I wasnt 100% satisfied with my experience in Dallas too but i doubt that i would be 100% satisfied anywhere i go- its such a painful process to be stabbed in the face ... both emotionally & physically painful...

Offline KatieP

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 06:27:10 pm »
Oh! I am sorry to hear that. I went to Electrology3000 and had Denise (one of the co-owners) & a technician work on my face. Its too early to say anything because i have only had 1 clearing on my face. I also looked into Precision in Chicago but went to Dallas instead. When i read up about Precision's process, i saw that they too use the thermolysis technique but as skills vary depending on operator, one could be better than the other...I wish the whole profession of Electrology was more standardized esp male beard removals... I would love to know more about your experience though if youre comfortable ofcourse... I wasnt 100% satisfied with my experience in Dallas too but i doubt that i would be 100% satisfied anywhere i go- its such a painful process to be stabbed in the face ... both emotionally & physically painful...

So, it was either 2000 or 2005, I don't recall which. (Those were the years I flew to the Oshkosh, WI AirVenture, and I stopped in on the way to AirVenture.) I had heard good things about them and so made an appointment. They told me they should be able to do a complete clearing in one day, which would not show hairs for a week or two, and within a week or so, I could be back in makeup. They did not ask for pictures of my facial hair. When I got there, they were VERY pleasant, and in spite of my looks called me she/her 100% of the time. The owner, maybe, at the time was a dentist, and she would come in and give you some injections, and the technicians would get to work. We stopped for lunch, and after lunch more injections, and they went at it again. The injections hurt like holy tarnation. But they were hugely effective. The whole thing was completely painless except for the excruciating pain of the injections.

When they were done at the end of the day, they had "cleared" my upper lip, and about an inch wide swath down each side of my face, in sort of the goatee area. They did not touch the cheeks, nor throat. (Which as it turned out, was good for me.)  My lower face resembled hamburger, and was oozing and dripping a lot. They suggested zinc oxide and some antibiotic. But either of those just sort of melted off pretty quickly. After a week of oozing, it did stop, to be replaced by huge scabs all over my chin. The scabs lasted another month or so. During that time, I could not shave anywhere close to the area, and hair was everywhere. I had hoped to visit AirVenture dressed as female, but that was not possible. And, actually it was probably two months before I could remove enough facial hair and /or wear make to go outside. It was one of the most embarrassing times of my entire life. When all the healing had finished, I had several scars left in the area. They are still there, my reminder of trying to do the easy-button version of transition.

Fast forward 15 or 20 years, and because of my work schedule, I have had perhaps 20 hours of additional electrolysis. It is a huge pain for me to work as a female, and somehow let my facial hair grow for 3 or 4 days to get long enough to zap. And having to shave while hiding in a bathroom stall every mid-afternoon has been less than fun. So, in desperation... once again, I am thinking of trying for the easy button approach.

I literally don't know what I will do if Precision hair ends up the way Electrology 2000 did for me.

Was that more information than I should have shared?  ;D

Katie

Tags: