Author Topic: Jumping in and ahead  (Read 116 times)

Offline RachelTG

• Neighbor
Jumping in and ahead
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:55:17 am »
I started electrolysis on my face about a month ago and yes it hurts. Since starting that, I received information from where I plan to do my Vaginoplasty. They, like most, have requirements for hair removal around the genitals. They told me it will take 7-10 months to be satisfactorily hair free by electrolysis. I decided to switch from facial hair removal to bottom hair removal. I don't even have my first official consultation with the surgeons till mid-August but why not get a running start. My first session is this Thursday. I am nervous, embarrassed and generally feel weird about this whole process. I did get a prescription for EMLA cream as the numb 520 just wasn't enough.   

Offline mm

Re: Jumping in and ahead
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 09:59:47 am »
Good luck with bottom hair removal, it is definitely a new experience to have someone working on you so closely in embarrassing location on your body.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 10:17:26 am »
Don't worry too much Rachel, genital hair removal isn't as bad as you may think. It is a bit embarrassing at first, but you get past that quickly. I always kept my eyes closed during electrolysis sessions, occasionally I even fell asleep. The most painful area I remember was near the tendon connecting my thigh to my groin, those hairs always got my attention! Hair on and near the shaft was also somewhat painful. Keep your mind on your goal, not all the little battles you must fight to get there. I wish you all the best.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Online Maddie

• Family
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 12:31:22 pm »
Sounds wise Rachel

Tags: