Author Topic: Okay now I want to get on with it again..the hair  (Read 264 times)

Offline Liina

Okay now I want to get on with it again..the hair
« on: June 28, 2020, 08:53:22 am »
Okay, my wife describes me as a "patience person" and "is easy going", "never to lets get to me".
Well now I am ready to get on with the last of my facial hair removal. It has taken at least 10 or more years
to get with the few final appointments to have my facial hair finally removed..that was in January.
Then as we fell in the wrath of the covid-19 virus and bringing everything to a halt, the appointments stopped.
I felt it was like, I could see the finish line but the have the marathon stopped....geez.
It has been a long journey, because to fit in my appointments between work and to deal with family, issues and a 3 hour driving distance from any reliable practitioners of laser and electrolysis, it has taken that long to get it this stuff done. Sure there have been other things that have gotten in the way too, but I am ready to have that part done with now.
So with the phrase that "all this takes Time" is understatement!

Okay there, got that outta my system, I feel better now.......I guess I better have another cup of coffee....or something stronger...as I plan for my next appointments hopefully soon.

Anybody else feel like the "life time project of hair removal has been a test of patience and dog matic persistence ?
Please share and get it off your chest...

Liina

Offline Erika_

• Friend
Re: Okay now I want to get on with it again..the hair
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 06:36:14 pm »
I had my first laser appointment recently, the technician said that I barely had enough facial hair for it to be worth it.

But still I'll get what little is on there lasered off, I don't have that much facial hair but I want it all gone.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 07:10:47 pm »
Liina I relate to what you're saying.  Sounds so frustrating to be close to the end and stalled.  Hope you get back to the grind soon. Ten years. Time be done.

I started electro in late 2015..  Had a year of monthly laser  as well.  I've been told by 2nd and 3rd opinions that the work I've had in these past years has done me no favors.
When Ive put together enough money for consistent (possibly mass) clearings I will start again. But need to choose a new tech as my old one is done with it I think.  She was just being charitable by even working on me (I paid for 80 hours and bartered labor for 20 so maybe charity not the right word).  Her church and husband where in her in her ear and she doesn't answer my messages anymore. Geography an issue for me too. 
I had decided on where I want to go next...then just today I read what I think are negatives about going there.

I will make it.  It will be all right.

Good luck

Offline KatieP

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 01:45:59 pm »
When I started full time, I had had about a dozen laser sessions and about 30 hours of electrolysis, and I was shaving twice a day. It was a HUGE pain. Hiding in toilet stalls so I could shave again, and fix my makeup, all while sitting on the toilet. Every day. Because one needs to let the hair grow for (several) days before electrolysis, it was very difficult to schedule ANY work. I decided to risk going to Precision Hair Removal for large scale work. It literally changed my life. After the first full clearing, I could go all day at work without shaving a second time. (Although I did shave a second time if going out for dinner.) By the 3rd time at PHR, it took only 11 hours of tech time to clear my face, and I could easily go two days without shaving. I just got back from my 4th session there, where it took 6 tech hours to clear every hair on my face. I am very excited to see what's left in a couple months, when whatever is still alive will start to really show up again. For the first couple weeks after the complete clearing, there are no hairs, no stubble, no nothing. For me, it is the most wonderful feeling to have a completely smooth face all day with no shaving at all.

The problem with electrolysis is that for most of us, it will take between 100 and 200 hours of work to clear the hair permanently. The only question is how long it will take you to get the hours in. For most of us, there are no other options.

Katie

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 10:07:43 pm »
Katie,
I saw Irina at Precision for the first time a couple weeks back. She was my 3rd opinion.  Also was invited and  visited someone who has been cleared at Precision and had FFS with Dr Z.  I went to Irina specifically  because of yours and other forum people's recommendation.
Still need to put it all together, but thank you!

Offline KatieP

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 11:52:14 pm »
Katie,
I saw Irina at Precision for the first time a couple weeks back. She was my 3rd opinion.  Also was invited and  visited someone who has been cleared at Precision and had FFS with Dr Z.  I went to Irina specifically  because of yours and other forum people's recommendation.
Still need to put it all together, but thank you!

I have spent something like 35 hours VERY close to Irina. She says things, and I think she is exaggerating, and then she does exactly what she says. Every single thing she has told me would happen with my face has happened precisely as she said, in spite of my high skepticism.

I expect there are many paths to a hairless face. But I have been very happy with the path where I ended up with Irina...

Good luck in your journey, Maddie!

Offline Denise K

• What you seek is seeking you
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 02:00:33 am »
For me it took around 3 years so I didnt get much frustration. Laser epilation was great for me, experts there told me my skin and hair types are very receptive for it. In 1 year my body hairs 99% gone all around. Then I have started facial laser which took much longer but worked except upper lips. Now I getting rid of facial grey hair on which laser do not have any effect and stubborn hair in moustache area. Hoping to get rid of completely in few months.

But I think everyone's hair and skin type is different. I hope you complete your process as soon as possible.

Denise..

Tags: