Author Topic: Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?  (Read 2910 times)

Offline AlexisRene

• Neighbor
Re: Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 12:27:41 am »
Thank you so much everyone for providing all of the info above.

I may have to look for a place in St Louis down the road. The issue is that I do not have anyone who can go with to Chicago. Further, would also have to board my 2 dogs somewhere if overnight stay was required. Bleh. Things get complicated quickly it seems.

Wish everyone the best.

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 07:52:04 am »
Youre welcome. In my experience, as you may read my previous posts and replies, i think there are some really experienced and well trained electrologists who could do a clearing. Most electrologists will not be comfortable with doing longer than a 2 hour weekly session- I emailed tons and most wanted to do a 2 hour session weekly, some upto 4 hours.  Its important to not push them to do something theyre not comfortable with but it still means you can look around till you find someone who can do a long session over 2 or 3 days. Some refused to give details on email, so i conveniently X'd then off my list - if im sending them 1 page of detailed information about my prior treatment, pictures from prior treatments and pictures of my beard without any treatment, i expect them to know how long my future clearings will take, how my hair has responded to treatment and whether they can handle my case-in my experience, several sent me a one liner email saying theyd like to meet in person first and wanted me to come in. I replied to those saying No Thank You- if you have absolutely no opinion after seeing all these pictures and reading my treatment history, and cant communicate either by phone or by email prior to me coming in, i am not wasting my time with you. Several will be of the opinion that you should do laser first. Thats your decision based on your comfort level. For me, laser was not an option. For others, it is.

Also check how long they've been licensed and whether their state requires a license. Do a trial. And most importantly, find a PCP who can give lidocaine shots that last for a couple hrs (i got lidocaine 1% WITH epinephrine) and maybe come with you to the electrologist and stay with you for a couple hours. Look up "concierge doctors" in your area and reach out. Even places that everyone talks about in Dallas and Chicago have relatively non experienced electrologists on their team so youre better off finding someone locally who is experienced and comfortable working long sessions.

For me - i had told the electrologist that unless i find the doctor for the shots, im not doing it. I had told the doctor that unless they can physically come with me to the electrologists office, it wont work. Sometimes when you are clear with what you want, people try to accommodate you. Pay the doctor $500/day for his or her work and im sure youll find many. Its money you pay to get rid of your pain. Its worth it.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2019, 09:50:32 am »
Pay the doctor $500/day for his or her work and im sure youll find many. Its money you pay to get rid of your pain. Its worth it.

That would be totally worth it, but I doubt you would get a doctor to be with you for $500/day, unless that "day" was only a few hours. Even then, I would guess it would be tough.

By way of comparison, that place in Chicago charges $600/day for the use of their doctor, and it is at his office (essentially) and he is in the room for much less than 10 minutes during the entire day...

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:30 am »
True, Katie. Def not for 8 hours but  the doctor would probably do that for coming 2x a day over 2 days to give the shots, assuming their office isnt too far from the electrologists office. This was my quote ! Also doctors arent  used to injecting the face for electrolysis so its a bit of a learning curve for them based on my experience. My trial with the doc was not good because because the injection didnt last much but im waiting to see how it goes in a cpl weeks. Fingers crossed :)

Offline KatieP

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 10:48:09 am »
Hello,
it has been 2 weeks now, and I thought I would give the 2 week update...

My skin is fully healed, which is good. The numbness in my throat area is still complete. It's like the pharyngeal nerve is just dead. And, this is totally no Bueno. I suppose if feeling does not come back, at least no need for Dr. Z under there. OTOH, shaving under my chin is just plain scary since I can't feel any of it.

Which, brings me to the hair part. There were lots of hairs missed. Probably 50 or 60 that I have found so far, which is a VERY small percentage. I know they were missed because they stand out on my mostly smooth face over the past couple weeks. As Irina told me, there have been little bits of hair being pushed out of their follicles each day. Lots in the first days. I have been cleaning them off with tweezers. If the hair doesn't slide right out, I leave it, which is how I have found/counted the number of missed hairs. So, after the crusty scabs fell off my throat, I have shaved the whole area each day to get the missed hairs, which still grow at the same rate, and to smooth things out. It has been SO nice to have my face go 24 hours and still feel really smooth. If only this part lasted longer... Something to look forward to I suppose.

So the 14 day summary: Skin good. Throat numbness very bad. Hair pretty good. And, I still think I am going back to Precision Hair Removal...

Katie

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 02:25:08 pm »
Katie,

What does that clinic, doctors or nurses tell you about that numbness.  I would be totally worried about that and would want to know when, if ever, it will go away.  They all should have an answer about that since they are the experts in this.  Good luck with all that.  I started electrology in late 2011 and am still going, down to one visit every 8 weeks or so.  I have some pesky stiff white hairs on my left jawline that refuse to die or be killed.  I occasionally get a new dark hair in different areas including right under the chin with most near the left side.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline KatieP

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2019, 02:43:21 pm »
Katie,

What does that clinic, doctors or nurses tell you about that numbness.  I would be totally worried about that and would want to know when, if ever, it will go away.  They all should have an answer about that since they are the experts in this.  Good luck with all that.  I started electrology in late 2011 and am still going, down to one visit every 8 weeks or so.  I have some pesky stiff white hairs on my left jawline that refuse to die or be killed.  I occasionally get a new dark hair in different areas including right under the chin with most near the left side.

Allie

They said, It happens some times, and how long it lasts is variable...

Not the best answer. And, what options do I have? It is what it is at this point...

Good luck on your hair removal!

Katie

Offline Renee.D

• Kindness and Confidence are infectious!
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2019, 03:00:55 pm »
They said, It happens some times, and how long it lasts is variable...

Not the best answer. And, what options do I have? It is what it is at this point...

Good luck on your hair removal!

Katie
Katie I am sorry I didn't respond to your earlier post. I promise I will!

In regards to this issue with the numbness, I would say that it sounds like our experiences differ a bit.

The complete numbness to the point of being scary to shave, I never experienced. Within a week any complete numbness was gone.

That said I had a sensation of very tight skin, which was probably due to residual numbness for about a month on my jawline and chin and a full 2 months on my neck. I still had sensation and feeling, but it wasn't what I consider normal until the 8 week mark.

Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2019, 10:34:46 pm »
Im shocked to read about your long lasting numbing on the face, Katie & Lacy. I never experienced any of this long lasting numbing after my first session at E3k in Texas- in fact my numbing shots only lasted like 2-2.5 hours - they (the electrologists)  used lidocaine with epinephrine 1%. I have no idea what kind of anesthetic Dr Z was injecting- maybe you should email and ask Precision just for your own record. Also please talk to your PCP about this before you go for your next session because you dont want to end up with any long term facial complications.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2019, 12:29:42 am »
Katie I am sorry I didn't respond to your earlier post. I promise I will!

In regards to this issue with the numbness, I would say that it sounds like our experiences differ a bit.

The complete numbness to the point of being scary to shave, I never experienced. Within a week any complete numbness was gone.

That said I had a sensation of very tight skin, which was probably due to residual numbness for about a month on my jawline and chin and a full 2 months on my neck. I still had sensation and feeling, but it wasn't what I consider normal until the 8 week mark.

Lacy

No need for apologies in ANY way. And, especially reading your experience with some numbness. It does give me hope that all I need is patience...  Which is something I have precious little of.. ;D

Katie

Offline KatieP

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2019, 12:34:32 am »
Im shocked to read about your long lasting numbing on the face, Katie & Lacy. I never experienced any of this long lasting numbing after my first session at E3k in Texas- in fact my numbing shots only lasted like 2-2.5 hours - they (the electrologists)  used lidocaine with epinephrine 1%. I have no idea what kind of anesthetic Dr Z was injecting- maybe you should email and ask Precision just for your own record. Also please talk to your PCP about this before you go for your next session because you dont want to end up with any long term facial complications.

I believe that Dr. Z was using Lidocaine, although I don't know if there was epi in it or not. I think by default, it comes with epi.

I hadn't experienced the long term numbing before either. But if you stick needles into random places in the face, you are bound to hit a nerve and damage something...

The current complication with the numbness is that I now have a waddle. It does hide my adam's apple, but it also gives me quite the double chin if I am not careful.  ;D

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2019, 01:16:50 pm »
Epinephrine makes the lidocaine last a couple hours. I tried the shot without epi and i was not numb beyond a few minutes. Apparently theres a huge shortage of lidocaine with epi 1% in the us- something to do with the hurricane in Puerto Rico years ago- i think my PCP was saying that its made there. Well in canada lidocaine with epi 1% is otc so i got it from there for my doctor.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2019, 04:36:30 pm »
Hello again,
It has been 3 weeks, and I thought I would do the next update.
All scabbing is all gone. All of the little dead half-hairs have been pushed out. Lots of hairs on my cheeks have come back at this point. They currently grow slowly and they are fairly soft. They shave very easily, and I now have to shave each morning to be completely smooth. That said, I can go all day and not really feel anything sneaking out. Prior to PHR, I was shaving in the morning, and late afternoon every day. At this point, letting them grow out 3 days would definitely not be enough for them to be zapped. The hairs under my chin and my throat have come back somewhat more densely than my cheeks. Given that all electrolysis prior to my trip to PHR had been on my chin and cheeks, maybe this is less surprising. 24 hours after shaving, I can feel a bit of stubble under my chin, but not on my cheeks. Also interesting is that of the hair coming back in, there are LOTS more that are black hair. Prior to PHR, I could not see a single black hair. Now there are lots of them. Very strange.

And, the numbness under my chin and all down my throat is still there. The area of numbness might be reducing a bit. Maybe. Perhaps. But mostly, I cannot feel anything on the skin under there...

And, I sent in my deposit to go back again. I have been soooooo happy these past two weeks with the smooth texture of my skin. It is very hard not to just touch it.

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2019, 04:20:22 pm »
Great! Thanks for the update.

I just got home from 1/2 my second facial clearing- got 4 hours of work done today. Ill get my other half clearing day after tomorrow. Luckily, after my 1st clearing at Electrology3k in Texas, i found a local electrologist in Boston and a local doctor to administer the shots. He did a fabulous job- the pain of the shots was probably 10 times less than what i endured in Texas- the doctor is a PCP who is board certified in surgery i think- my husband who is also a retired dr. was standing while my doctor injected me and said that he did a fabulous job. So thank god i saved myself flying to Dr Zukowski's in Chicago or to Texas. I am happy as the whole process was SOOOOOOOOO much better. Both the doctor and the electrologist made me feel well looked after.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2019, 08:30:12 pm »
This sounds REALLY great, Cav!

When I get to a place where 4 hours will be half of the job, I will definitely search for your model.

Congratulations! And, thanks!!

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2019, 10:14:42 pm »
Thank you! This is my second clearing only. I would suggest that you start looking for local doctors and electrologists soon as possible as the whole process might take months.... Still several more clearings to go for me but not sure how many clearings i will do before i stop... each time i get a couple hours in, it feels like a long term investment even though im not transitioning... its a slow process and a learning lesson in patience lol
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:30:50 am by Cav27 »

Offline KatieP

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2020, 04:52:10 pm »
I realize that I have not updated this thread. I did sort of mention all this in another thread, but for completeness...

I had my second session at Precision Hair Removal the 19th and 20th of December. So, I am now exactly two weeks post work. The summary of my second round is: Way easier this time than last time. Although, the second round of shots in the upper face still hurt like all get out.

The total numbing of the neck area did eventually go away. Which gave me hope that even if it happened the next times, it would get better eventually.

Fortunately, the hair was much less dense. It didn't seem like it when I was growing it out for the week prior. Because I could not stay home, I wore a scarf that covered everything except my eyes and nose. It was SOOOOO embarrassing! The ID check TSA guy made me remove it enough for him to see the front of my face. I was close to crying doing that. And when I went through the metal detector, that TSA person made me take it all the way off. Then I did cry.  :(

The first round took almost 32 hours. 1 person on each side for 8+ hours on day one, and 7 hours on day two. This second round took a total of 22 hours, and the second day, working my neck, was only a bit over 4 hours in duration. All by itself, the time reduction made it seem much easier. And, this time, apparently because of the pictures of oozing skin I sent them, they reduced the power. Although this has made for a very fast recovery, time will tell if the same percentage reduction in hair occurred. That said, the first time I shaved since the 20th was yesterday. I don't know if I needed to, but we were going out, and I didn't want stray hairs I hadn't seen to show. Today, 36 hours later, I do not need to shave at all. Maybe, just maybe, the effectiveness was good this time.

Will I go back? Absolutely. At this point, I think I know how the process works, and what to expect. As well, I trust Dan and Irena so much, that if they wanted me to stand on my head while they worked, I would dive for the floor. The first round of shots each day is not a problem. With the twilight narcotic, you feel it, but don't much care. The second round of shots hurt. But what I found is I have to tell Irena that I can feel the zaps the moment I feel any zap. That gets the doctor back ASAP, and the pain is much less. As well, I realized that there are people in the office besides Dr. Z who can do the shots after the first round. And, THEY are MUCH less painful. There was another "Mark" and a "Carmen" who did post-first-round shots, and even though the original shot was mostly worn off, I did not scream at all. Barely cried in fact.

So, maybe two more times to PHR? Three? Whatever it is, I think I will keep going until Irena says I don't have enough hair for them to bother with me flying in.

For me, because I did not do all the hair removal until after going full time, I really have no option. There is no what I can go a week without shaving in order to give the electrologist something to hold onto, and do that week in and week out. For me, without large volume hair removal, I would have to go back to playing a male. THAT would make me cry WAY more than any shots Dr. Z might do to me.

I HTH anyone thinking of large volume electrolysis.

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2020, 06:41:51 pm »
Hi there!

Good to hear that you are happy with Precision. My last session (clearing no.3) took 10 hours and was a breeze. The electrologist flew up to Boston with the machine, i bought a massage chair, booked a dr to come home twice per day for 1 hour at a time by paying $100/hour. I needed to get the doctor for 4 hours total. His shots were really good and i think he has this figured out perfectly. No twilight no nothing. My pain tolerance is low but i have made this happen at my home without much hassle.

Swelling was gone within 5 days. No bruises from shots or the electrolysis.

Good luck.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2020, 03:29:10 pm »
THAT is wonderful, Cav!! great job!

Since I haven't updated here, and sort of hijacked the thread to document my own process, I thought I would give a quick update on my third full-face clearing in Wilmette, IL at Precision Hair Removal on the 9th of March.

It was one day. Irena had estimated it would take about 16 hours, based on the normal 5 hour reduction on each visit, and the last visit was 22 hours. We started at Noon on Monday, and I was worried about finishing. (Later, Irena told me they had anticipated working until 8:00 PM. To me, this shows their dedication to us...) As it turned out, it was 6 hours in the chair, and 12 hours of work. The lidocaine was wearing off with about an hour to go, and it was a very hard decision to ask Dr. Z to come back to give me more, since I knew that without numbness, it was going to hurt like all get out. But I finally gave in. And... his injections started in the one tiny strip that was still numb! HA! All that fear of pain was NOT warranted. I should have had him come in much earlier.  ;D

Anyway, what about the results? Here is a picture of me the next day, sitting in the Airport lounge (with nothing but Eucerin on my face...):

And, the next day, Wednesday, I was in front of customers with make-up on. My face was a bit puffy, but not that bad at all. It was the easiest recovery of all.

I am about 90 - 100 hours total work, 66 of which have been with PHR. And, as noted before, the feeling of seeing light at the end of a really long tunnel is beyond description. I LOVE it. And, I love Irena and Dan. Full up, I have had a great experience there, and I think that overall, the pain I have experienced is much lower than had I done this 2 hours at a time over 5 years...

Katie
[Edited to get the picture right...  ;D ]

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2020, 10:17:49 pm »
Hi KatieP that is great progress. I remember you us chatting about your first trip to IL for the marathon clearing.
For me my last clearing was in December 2019 and my next one will be Aug 30. Covid slowed everything down but im looking forward to the next full clearing.

How many more full clearings will you get done in IL?

Tags: