Author Topic: Am I the only one who can't stand the new female dr who?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Re: Am I the only one who can't stand the new female dr who?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 04:18:48 pm »
I don't consider Dr. Who to have been good since the end of the 80s.
I am also an 80's Dr. Who fan!

Offline Julia1996

• Family
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 01:04:44 pm »
I am also an 80's Dr. Who fan!

I've seen the 80s dr who episodes and I liked them a lot. I think my favorite dr who were the ones with Rose. She is my favorite of the dr who sidekicks/companions.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2019, 02:50:56 pm »
Hi everyone. So when I found out they were casting a woman as the latest Dr.Who I thought that it was great and would be interesting to see a woman in that role. I found her beyond annoying in the first episode and couldn't stand her in the other 3 I tried to watch. So I just don't bother watching it anymore. The character of Dr Who is meant to be somewhat annoying I know, but this female Dr Who is just too annoying. Does anyone else dislike her or is it just me?

It sounds awful, I won't go near it.  But I have disliked so much of the show since after the 5th Doc so I'm prob the wrong gen to ask.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2019, 06:56:47 am »
Enterprise was my least favorite of the star trek shows besides DS9.  I found it very slow and boring. They had too many episodes featuring political situations. I'm not surprised it was canceled. I did like T'pol though. And yes, trip was like a sad little puppy. Lol

I liked Enterprise, and DS9 was my favourite of the Star Treks! I also like Star Trek 4.

I once dated a trekker (well, had an LTR with her actually). I don't identify as a trekker. Maybe this is why... :)

T'Pol was OK in that mind-numbing Vulcan way. My favourite female character in all of Star Trek has got to be Jadzia Dax.
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 07:57:50 am »
I have watched every episode of Dr Who, yes I am that old lol. The first episode as I remember it was going back to the cavemen and the tardis that was the iconic police phone box in London became if my memory serves me a rock. It didn’t take many episodes to stop changing the outside appearance as it became too expensive to keep designing a new Tardis on the very small production budget
Anyway back to the subject I quite like the new Dr

Jessica xx

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 04:28:02 am »
I have watched every episode of Dr Who, yes I am that old lol. The first episode as I remember it was going back to the cavemen and the tardis that was the iconic police phone box in London became if my memory serves me a rock. It didn’t take many episodes to stop changing the outside appearance as it became too expensive to keep designing a new Tardis on the very small production budget
Anyway back to the subject I quite like the new Dr

Jessica xx

Who is your fave Dr?  Mine is the 4th but I quite like the 5th and even the first a little!  I love the DVDs they put out with so much bonus material as well.  I knew someone that had pretty much the entire collection, they looked great on the shelf :o

Tags: