Author Topic: HBOs Big Little Lies!!! 😀  (Read 1404 times)

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
HBOs Big Little Lies!!! 😀
« on: February 23, 2019, 07:06:07 pm »
Hey All...

If there are any other BLL fans in the house let me know... they film much of it between 1 and 2 miles from my house and a few locations around here in Monterey. Big Sur and Carmel Highlands area...and I have lots of pics from on location I can share to any fellow fans... Season two will premier in June!!!...

Hugs!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:44:10 pm by tgirlamg »
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,210798.1520.html

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
Re: HBOs Big Little Lies!!! 😀
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:20:45 pm »
Ash, what is the synopsis of the show?  I have not heard of it, but then again, I don’t watch much tv.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 08:18:37 pm »
Ash, what is the synopsis of the show?  I have not heard of it, but then again, I don’t watch much tv.

It is a who done it that is very female character centric... based on a novel which was set in Australia...they decided to set the adaption here in Monterey!!!... Reese’s Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are the main stars!!! 

Hugs!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 08:24:39 pm »
Thanks Ashley, I’ll check it out!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 08:42:42 pm »
Here is the trailer for the first season...

It has a very eclectic and awesome soundtrack as well...

Season one opening credits

A :)

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 09:21:56 pm »
I loved BLL!  Didn’t read the book, so had no idea what it was about.  My curiosity was piqued by their big awards show wins and seeing Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon together.  If zi could age as well as Nicole Kidman has... she looks amazing!   

Will be great to see theat cast together again,  but I’m worried that it will be hard to top the first season/story.

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 09:39:31 pm »
I loved BLL!  Didn’t read the book, so had no idea what it was about.  My curiosity was piqued by their big awards show wins and seeing Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon together.  If zi could age as well as Nicole Kidman has... she looks amazing!   

Will be great to see theat cast together again,  but I’m worried that it will be hard to top the first season/story.

Hi Kate!!

Yayyy! A fellow fan!

I too am worried about their ability to keep things going in season 2 because it was soooo good but, I remain hopeful and anxious to see how they do with the story... I watched them filming some of the scenes and got pics of the ladies and a coffee kiosk/shop set that they built at a local park... they had a crew down there today getting a few more scenery shots... I will post a few here in the next day or two!

The condo Nicole moves into in season one is in the complex where I owned and lived at for many years before I decided to sell it to finance transition surgery!!! my unit was directly behind the one they show her in...

BTW... San Diego!!! Cool!!! i spent a lot of time there working at North Island NAS on Coronado, Surfing and as a kid when my grandparents lived in Escondido!

Hugs!!!

Ashley  :)

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 01:18:00 pm »
@Kate.claire

Hey Kate!

Here are a few pics...

Nicole!!! It was crazy windy that day so she would get in an SUV between takes

Untitled by Ashleyl, on Flickr

This is her on a set of a coffee shop they built for season 2 filming... I wished they had left it!!! It fit in the park pretty well... They used Lovers Point Park area in several season 1 scenes as well like when Adam Scott rode up on his bike to have the conversation with Madelyn's ex-husband and when Jane and Ziggy were eating pizza and playing at the beach

Production Stuff..

These were taken one of the days I was there by a local photographer with a much better lens than my phone!!!

Hugs!!!

Ashley  :) :)

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 07:11:44 pm »
OMG!  Thanks for posting! I always love how they can just take a known place and create whole new scenes/coffee shops out of nowhere and make them look desirable.  Need those crews to come by my sad house.  ;)

Got to be fun seeing Nicole and Reese together in person.  I'd like to add to my list of wishes... a makeup and hair crew to follow me around.  Lol.

You did well moving from San Diego to Monterey, a little cooler, but beautiful!  Love it up there.  Been here in San Diego all of my adult life after going to UCSD.  Always wanted to move around a bit more, but wife had other ideas, and there are definitely worst places to be settled down.  We head over to Coronado all the time, but our house is in the Clairemont area, traded our Hillcrest home in once the second child was on the way for a bigger place closer to most of Biotech.  Can't remember too many things being filmed around here, definitely no favorite shows of mine.

Sorry, I missed getting on last night because we're currently sucked into the Umbrella Academy and blowing the weekend on that. :)  Strangely enough, the only reason why I watched it was that somewhat made an Umbrella Academy and Klaus reference on the forum... and I was curious to see what they were talking about.  Blindest I've ever gone into a show, though was pretty blind on BLL too and watched it alone and then a second time when I made my wife watch it with me.

-Kate

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 05:06:58 pm »
OMG!  Thanks for posting! I always love how they can just take a known place and create whole new scenes/coffee shops out of nowhere and make them look desirable.  Need those crews to come by my sad house.  ;)

Got to be fun seeing Nicole and Reese together in person.  I'd like to add to my list of wishes... a makeup and hair crew to follow me around.  Lol.

You did well moving from San Diego to Monterey, a little cooler, but beautiful!  Love it up there.  Been here in San Diego all of my adult life after going to UCSD.  Always wanted to move around a bit more, but wife had other ideas, and there are definitely worst places to be settled down.  We head over to Coronado all the time, but our house is in the Clairemont area, traded our Hillcrest home in once the second child was on the way for a bigger place closer to most of Biotech.  Can't remember too many things being filmed around here, definitely no favorite shows of mine.

Sorry, I missed getting on last night because we're currently sucked into the Umbrella Academy and blowing the weekend on that. :)  Strangely enough, the only reason why I watched it was that somewhat made an Umbrella Academy and Klaus reference on the forum... and I was curious to see what they were talking about.  Blindest I've ever gone into a show, though was pretty blind on BLL too and watched it alone and then a second time when I made my wife watch it with me.

-Kate

@Kate.claire

Hey Little Sister!

If you ever find yourself up this way, let me know and I will take you on the BLL filming locations tour!!!... My husband has run into Reese and talked to her multiple times and he doesn't even watch the show! Arggg!!!

here is another shot I took of the coffee shop set

Untitled by Ashley , on Flickr

and a couple more by the local photographer... Meryl Streep is in season 2

Untitled by Ashley, on Flickr

I never lived full time in SD but worked on Coronado at the NAS for a few months... we stayed at hotel circle going toward Mission Valley but I sure loved it and got in a lot of surfing on weekends... mostly around Encinitas area...

onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley  :)

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 09:10:38 pm »
Hey Ashley,

THAT--IS--SOOOO--COOL!!!!! If I lived there I'd probably be one of those locals who showed up to the set every day to watch the filming, lol. How long does it take to film an entire season? Without having any idea I'm going to guess about 2 or 3 months.

Did you husband get Reese's autograph? I'm a bit of an autograph hound and have no problem asking stars for theirs, hahaha... I know most people aren't like that though.

xoxo
Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 12:37:29 am »
Doesn’t need the new season premiere this weekend?  Got to find myself some time to watch it.  Just restarted my Hulu subscription to run through Handmaid’s Tale as well.

Somehow I never responded to your last post Ashley.  I’m the worst.  I imagine the sets are all long gone now, until they decide to do another season? 

You’d drive from Hotel Circle all the way up to Encinitas?  Swami’s?  I spent a lot of time (as a sponger)at Cardiff Reef when I was younger,  but once I was in college, I was almost exclusively at Black’s.  Been a long time though, since I married a waterphobic partner. 

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 05:11:41 pm »
Watched the first episode last night,  was funny seeing the standup coffee shop and thinking of your photos Ashley,  and the fact that the coffee shop was just for the show.  Also,  the photo of Meryl Streep was definitely her from the first episode.  She was great in the first episode,  as I’d expect her to be.

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 06:25:23 pm »
Watched the first episode last night,  was funny seeing the standup coffee shop and thinking of your photos Ashley,  and the fact that the coffee shop was just for the show.  Also,  the photo of Meryl Streep was definitely her from the first episode.  She was great in the first episode,  as I’d expect her to be.

Hi Kate!!!

I just watched the second one yesterday!!! Loving it so far!!!... Meryl Streep is so good!... Her character will definitely drive much of the drama this season!!!...

Hugs!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌸

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 01:10:52 am »
Hi Ashley! 
Caught and passed you with the third episode tonight. So,  did they just lose the rights to film in the original coffee shop?  Wonder what the back story was there?  Was the old one a fake too?

You are right, Meryl Streep continues to be stellar.  Her character is driving me nuts, but she is just spot on with the performance.

I was worried about following up the first season,  but so far those worries have been allayed.  Really looking forward to every week again.

Hugs back at ya,  and enjoy the rest of the show!

-Kate

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 09:04:21 am »
Hi Ashley! 
Caught and passed you with the third episode tonight. So,  did they just lose the rights to film in the original coffee shop?  Wonder what the back story was there?  Was the old one a fake too?

You are right, Meryl Streep continues to be stellar.  Her character is driving me nuts, but she is just spot on with the performance.

I was worried about following up the first season,  but so far those worries have been allayed.  Really looking forward to every week again.

Hugs back at ya,  and enjoy the rest of the show!

-Kate

@Kate.claire

Good Morning Kate!!!

I was a little worried about what this season would hold but, like you... All fears quickly subsiding!!!! I will watch the third one later today if I have a chance!

The coffee shop in the first season, including the outdoor area they sat at, is actually an Italian restaurant on Fisherman’s Wharf here in Monterey...

Here is their website...

https://palucatrattoria.com/

I’m not sure why they didn’t use it for season 2... maybe they didn’t want to disrupt their business again??… It is amazing how many trucks, people, security, equipment and just ... stuff in general they need to just film scenes!!! As they say it’s “ quite the production!!!” 🤗... I had figured they would continue Jane’s budding romance with the coffee shop owner character there!

Onward we watch dear sister!!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46:15 pm »
Good evening Ashley! 

Sitting in the airport in SFO after a long two days of speaker training. 

Since I’ve got nothing else to do right now, looked it all up.  Apparently they built a replica on a sound stage in LA for Paluca trattoria as a coffee shop for the first season and there’s a different director for season 2 which the restaurant owner thought was the biggest factor in the new location.  Could have been a cost saving move to be able to film all the coffee scenes without needing to head back down to LA.  You’re right though,  where is Tom from season 1s coffee shop?!  I liked him!  I’m not too sure about the new guy, but I’ve got bigger trust issues with men than Jane does,  apparently. ;)

-Kate

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 02:03:30 pm »
Good evening Ashley! 

Sitting in the airport in SFO after a long two days of speaker training. 

Since I’ve got nothing else to do right now, looked it all up.  Apparently they built a replica on a sound stage in LA for Paluca trattoria as a coffee shop for the first season and there’s a different director for season 2 which the restaurant owner thought was the biggest factor in the new location.  Could have been a cost saving move to be able to film all the coffee scenes without needing to head back down to LA.  You’re right though,  where is Tom from season 1s coffee shop?!  I liked him!  I’m not too sure about the new guy, but I’ve got bigger trust issues with men than Jane does,  apparently. ;)

-Kate

@Kate.clair

Hi Kate!

I found the article you must have read! It was a good read!!!... Did you see the movie Wild? I think that was the birth of BLL with jean Marc Valle, Reese and Laura Dern all coming together!

Well... I dug some pics up off the cloud and transferred to Flickr so I can post! Hold on tight! It's BLL picture Day!!!

Here is one I took of Shailene... Admittedly bad quality but, I saw her coming out of the SUV that took the stars a short half block from the coffee shop in the park set down to their trailers...

They were filming down on the rocky area adjacent the coffee shop set here... I took this from where the park bench is where Madalyn's husbands, old and new had the conversation/confrontation in season 1

Lots of production trucks at the park!!!

This is how far back they had us while filming the coffee shop scenes...

This Means YOU!!!  :)

Nicole in Uggs with security squad!!!

Del Monte Beach where Jane's following the footprints dreams occur as well as many other scenes including the recent one where she is dancing to her music and talks to her surfer love interest?... They were filming at the condos the day i took this a few hundred feet away but nothing to see from where they had the area taped off except lots of trucks!

looking the other way, north on a very windy day!... You can see the condos in the background... the front corner upstairs unit is the deck Nicole was on in season 1... her safety refuge from Perry!... I used to own the unit right behind it...It's hard to see but behind that... way up the beach is The Monterey Tides Hotel... scene of Jane's date gone very bad with Perry...

A couple stray production trucks and shuttles at Del Monte

They changed the name of the condos for the show... It is called Ocean Harbor House in real life but, the changed it to Shore Line Condominiums with the help of some signs!!!

Okay!!! Theres a few... hope you liked them!... Gorgeous day here and I am heading to the beach for a walk!!!

Hugs!!!

:)!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:12:06 pm by tgirlamg »

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 01:52:23 am »
Oh wow!  Such many great pictures!  You’re making me want to drive up the PcH,  so much great coastline up there.  I must be jaded about our San Diego Coast line!  The intro of BLL makes me want to just immediately run out to the beach! 

Such a huge production in terms of number of trucks!  It’s always exciting to see!  I once got to where the headsets and work with a whole crew when we hosted a film crew for a documentary.  I had a blast seeing how everything got done.  Probably my best day on the job in the 17 years I’ve been there!  Lol, doing the thing that has nothing to do with my job.

Wish I looked as good in Uggs as Nicole does!  Always loved them from way back when,  but nowadays they bring too much attention to my giant feet.  Basically wearing an entire sheep on each foot.

Unfortunately,  too much travel and craziness last few weeks... wiped out after last night’s late flight and work today, crashed this afternoon and napped for three hours!  Going to miss the show after this Sunday.  Heading out on some much needed vacation for 3 weeks!

Thanks so much for these Ashley! 😘

-Kate

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 07:17:11 pm »
Oh wow!  Such many great pictures!  You’re making me want to drive up the PcH,  so much great coastline up there.  I must be jaded about our San Diego Coast line!  The intro of BLL makes me want to just immediately run out to the beach! 

Such a huge production in terms of number of trucks!  It’s always exciting to see!  I once got to where the headsets and work with a whole crew when we hosted a film crew for a documentary.  I had a blast seeing how everything got done.  Probably my best day on the job in the 17 years I’ve been there!  Lol, doing the thing that has nothing to do with my job.

Wish I looked as good in Uggs as Nicole does!  Always loved them from way back when,  but nowadays they bring too much attention to my giant feet.  Basically wearing an entire sheep on each foot.

Unfortunately,  too much travel and craziness last few weeks... wiped out after last night’s late flight and work today, crashed this afternoon and napped for three hours!  Going to miss the show after this Sunday.  Heading out on some much needed vacation for 3 weeks!

Thanks so much for these Ashley! 😘

-Kate

Hey Sis!!!

I’ve lived around here for the better part of 25 years now and happily have never felt jaded ... I am always in awe of the natural beauty around here... every time I run an errand I take the scenic route along the ocean home and, I will confess to sometimes blasting the BLL soundtrack while doing so!!!

Have a wonderful vacation girl!!! And let me know if your travels ever bring you this far north!

Hugs!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Tags: