General Discussions > Hobbies

Hiking

(1/28) > >>

MeTony:
Been hiking this weekend. I love it. Being in the woods. Close to nature and its elements.

I decded to buy myself a new backpack after this hike. My backpack is not as comfortable as I would like it to be. But it did not cost much. You get what you pay for.

Anyway. Hiking in the woods is a perfect exercise. I will def do this more often.

The hike was 15 km long. I lose calories fast as... Flash Gordon

The only downside is I can’t hide my chest...but it will be gone soon anyway.

Tony

Northern Star Girl:
@MeTony
Dear Tony:
I am very happy to read your "Hiking" update.   Yes indeed, hiking in the woods is very pleasurable for sure... the smells, the scenery, etc... much better that being on an indoor treadmill.   I hate treadmills, even just walking at a brisk pace around town is much better than the treadmill scene.

In the wonderful photo that you attached, you look all bundled up exactly like I am dressed here lately and in the winter weather.   The Latitude where I live in central Alaska is "approximately" in the 60's deg Latitude.....   in Sweden where you live, are you inland or near the sea? ... and if you care to share it, what is your "approximate" Latitude there?   That would be a good general indicator of our possibly similar weather and climate especially in the winter months. 
I don't see any snow on the ground in your photo....  here where I there is still several feet of snow and higher drifts especially in the woods up in the hills.

Again, thanks for sharing your posting and your picture.
Hugs,
Danielle

Maid Marion:
I used to do a lot of hiking.  One of my most memorable hikes was the Grand Canyon.  A couple miles down an extremely steep trail, seeing a thunderstorm in the distance, and grueling back up the trail to beat the weather.  Which I did.  Then I ate every bit of a large steak dinner the next day!  The hike also gave my shoes a very distinctive pink color.

MeTony:

--- Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 10, 2019, 08:03:09 pm ---@MeTony
Dear Tony:
I am very happy to read your "Hiking" update.   Yes indeed, hiking in the woods is very pleasurable for sure... the smells, the scenery, etc... much better that being on an indoor treadmill.   I hate treadmills, even just walking at a brisk pace around town is much better than the treadmill scene.

In the wonderful photo that you attached, you look all bundled up exactly like I am dressed here lately and in the winter weather.   The Latitude where I live in central Alaska is "approximately" in the 60's deg Latitude.....   in Sweden where you live, are you inland or near the sea? ... and if you care to share it, what is your "approximate" Latitude there?   That would be a good general indicator of our possibly similar weather and climate especially in the winter months. 
I don't see any snow on the ground in your photo....  here where I there is still several feet of snow and higher drifts especially in the woods up in the hills.

Again, thanks for sharing your posting and your picture.
Hugs,
Danielle

--- End quote ---

Latitude 59. We had snow but it melted. It’s about -5 to 5 degrees every day. Mixed temperatures.

It’s a bit strange. We usually have much snow at this time. Now it is just sun, rain, ice. Not much snow at all.

Tony

barbie:
I also like hiking. Usually I run slowly to the top of the nearby mountain, the highest in S. Korea, but have to walk when with my family or friends. Even in spring, there is some snow remaining in the top.

Yes. As it is becoming warm, I will hike to the top again very soon.

barbie~~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version