Author Topic: Have you thought how your everyday life will change or not as you transition?  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Maid Marion

I just "fixed" a leaky faucet by buying a shiny new one and swapping out the old one!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
I just "fixed" a leaky faucet by buying a shiny new one and swapping out the old one!

Great!  I bet it looks nice.   :)

Dissuade
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Erika_

• Friend
Mine has changed quite a bit, and not for the better in most ways.

If I had the choice to do it all over again, I would do it but I wouldn't trust the police.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
I lived long enough as a male to acquire some male skills and I still use them now and then to good effect, but only out of necessity. I'd rather be gardening than fixing a leaky faucet.

I'd rather fix the leaky faucet (tap in English English I think) I think! I replaced a toilet syphon and a close coupling kit a couple of months ago... Gardening I tend to leave until it's absolutely necessary!

Transition affects us all in different ways. I don't want to lose any of my "male" skills. I don't want to lose my strength, hence I've started doing pullups (and actually I've got stronger as a result). I want a girl voice, but I don't want to lose my man voice.

We're all different! And gardening doesn't really have a gender. (No skill does, really... but you know what I mean. Stereotypes.)
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: started 6 Apr 2021 via GenderCare/NHS shared care
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

:)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Have you thought how your everyday life will change or not as you transition?
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2021, 06:05:46 pm »
I think about this a lot.  Do you?

Chrissy

Offline EvaB

I found this to be an interesting thread, but I also found the reference to dishwashing avoidance contrary to my experience.   ;)  Ironically, this relates to my other everyday activity, which has changed, writing.

I am a philosopher (very obscure - so obscure, I analogize my visibility in philosophy to astronomers trying to see Earth-like planets in other solar systems) and I self-publish my own books.  I definitely recommend - DO NOT READ MY PREVIOUS BOOKS in philosophy (I will protect the foolhardy from themselves since these books will be impossible to find because they are published under my old name), because as I lovingly called them, they are unreadable.  Consistency and coherence were not my strong points.

I have been on HRT for three years, and now I am writing a relatively readable book.  In other words, my style of writing has completely changed.  Again, I do NOT recommend reading my new book (unpublished and not expected to be published in the near future).  With HRT, my books are attaining consistency and coherence that is far superior to my old testosterone-driven books.  I am thrilled, but the offset is that I need to tack on years to get where I want to go to finish any book.

Getting back to dishwashing, this subject matter of my books is challenging and after a few hours, I can get caught in a swirl of chaos and confusion.  When this happens, I have to step back, but I have found solace in - yes - dishwashing.  The sink represents the microcosm of cosmic disorder, and I have to tackle it.  The comfort I have found in cleaning up the kitchen, especially washing a sinkful of dishes, cannot for me be understated, and once in a while, I am even able to go back to writing.

So, there are two changes in my everyday life: writing and dishwashing.  Finally, I thought someone might find my experience in dishwashing an amusing counterpoint in the 'la vaisselle' (dishwashing) conversation.
"You cannot be happy if you are not joyful about something.  When you find this joy, happiness, grace, and virtue will follow.  The Way of the dog is to find this joy every day and to never give up this search." - Said to Eros, the Metaphysical Dog by his mother, Skylark.  Good advice for human's too!

Offline Maid Marion

I find it relaxing to clean and organize my stuff.  Last night I did my sock drawer, matching up socks and tossing the old ones into a box to as rags.  I also found some panties in there.  ::)

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
I find it relaxing to clean and organize my stuff.  Last night I did my sock drawer, matching up socks and tossing the old ones into a box to as rags.  I also found some panties in there.  ::)

Marion

To simplify my life and skip the matching up step when I store the socks, I bought some duplicate pairs of socks.
When I go to find a suitable matching pair in the drawer, I am more likely to do so, regardless of what statistical chance states.  Variables include what are dirty or missing, but I am always to find some pair that I find suitable!

The socks that I wear for specific outfits I do carefully pair and place in another drawer though.

Chrissy

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Friend
I have been thinking about, or noticing where I am on this topic lately.  I find I am doing the same things, but in different ways.  I really enjoy woodworking, and did pre-transition too.  I am completing different projects now.  I built really cute puzzles for some kids for Christmas this year.  In the past I wouldn't have built anything cute or anything for kids.  But, now I feel free to build the things I want.  I still read books and watch movies, but now I openly enjoy stories targeted at a female audience. 

People have mentioned cleaning and organizing quite a bit.  I find I am doing more of it too.  I just seem to notice it more, or realize the items on the floor will not magically get back to the shelf.

So really, am doing the same stuff, but enjoying it in different ways.
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
On an elemental, sensual level, there are differences. My sense of smell is more acute. I passed a woman in a library once and smelled her perfume. I exited the library, turned right, walked half a block, turned left and walked another half a block. Then I smelled her again. I described her to a guy working in his yard and asked if she'd passed. She had.

There are times when my heightened sense of smell works against me. For example, if a person needs to bathe and change their clothes, their odor is also, unfortunately heightened.

I rarely clothes shop anymore as I purchase items on the Internet, but when I do, I shop with my fingers.

I can't scan as well as I once could to locate a distant object or person.

My sense of taste is now unfettered and I rarely eat meat, maybe once every two months, and eat sweets several times each day.

I think some or all of these changes are estrogen-related.

Offline noleen111

• Family
I really don't believe your interest must change,

Your life yes will change and how society perceives you, since your outer appearance is becoming female.

I have lost none of my interests I had as a male, i can say i have added to them.. I really love shopping, especially shoe shopping. I have added typical girlie girl interests, like shoes, makeup, clothes etc. I also spend a lot more time getting ready and really care now about how I look. I love making myself pretty for my husband.

My everyday life has changed a lot especially  Since I got married, I have assumed the traditional/typical female role in the marriage. I run the household, I cook for my man and added motherhood to my job description since we adopted our baby girl. Its not a total 1950's scenario as my husband does help around the house and with our daughter. I do work and love my job, but the idea of ending up a housewife is not a bad one, I will properly seriously consider that when we are ready to adopt our second child in the future. The only regret I have with my new life, is I cant fall pregnant with my mans child.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
I really don't believe your interest must change,

Your life yes will change and how society perceives you, since your outer appearance is becoming female.

I have lost none of my interests I had as a male, i can say i have added to them.. I really love shopping, especially shoe shopping. I have added typical girlie girl interests, like shoes, makeup, clothes etc. I also spend a lot more time getting ready and really care now about how I look. I love making myself pretty for my husband.

My everyday life has changed a lot especially  Since I got married, I have assumed the traditional/typical female role in the marriage. I run the household, I cook for my man and added motherhood to my job description since we adopted our baby girl. Its not a total 1950's scenario as my husband does help around the house and with our daughter. I do work and love my job, but the idea of ending up a housewife is not a bad one, I will properly seriously consider that when we are ready to adopt our second child in the future. The only regret I have with my new life, is I cant fall pregnant with my mans child.

It sounds like you have a really nice life.   :)

Chrissy

Tags: