Community Conversation > Intersex talk

I'm not special

(1/4) > >>

Haley Conner:
I am intersex, so I have the ability to point out physical manifestations and say " Look, this is my nature. ", and get an automatic free pass.   It doesn't necessarily feel that way, but anyway, I think there can be elitism among intersex people because of that, like we think we're more valid or something.  I am not talking about this forum.  I haven't seen any of that here.  I just wanted to say, I don't feel that way.  As far as I can tell, I am no different from anyone else here.  Who a person is, and how they feel don't require physical evidence in order to be valid.  We're all the same for the most part.  I am fairly certain of that.  Whether or not it involves some visible manifestation is irrelevant to me.  My existence does not diminish anyone else's validity.  The very opposite is true, imo.  I guess what I am saying, is, I am not a "gender snob".  I don't consider myself to be any more valid than anyone else.  If I ever come off that way, somebody please slap me.  :angel:

HappyMoni:
Thanks Haley, I'll keep my slapper 'handy' in case you get out of line. I do think some trans folk get jealous of intersexed people some times. Some folks have their guilt relieved if there is something to point to to say that "Hey, its not my fault." I used to dream of getting in an accident that only damaged my male appendage. Surely then no one would blame me if I transitioned. Society puts so much pressure on, I kind of see why people want something to point to to say it isn't their fault. I doubt intersex people feel that 'privileged.' No one is better than anyone else, well, unless we are talking mean people.

Haley Conner:
That kind of relates to something I was saying in the entertainment section, about how in Hollywood movies that involve gender reversal, there is always some twist of fate beyond their control compelling the character.

Linde:

--- Quote from: HappyMoni on April 07, 2019, 04:44:38 pm ---Thanks Haley, I'll keep my slapper 'handy' in case you get out of line. I do think some trans folk get jealous of intersexed people some times. Some folks have their guilt relieved if there is something to point to to say that "Hey, its not my fault." I used to dream of getting in an accident that only damaged my male appendage. Surely then no one would blame me if I transitioned. Society puts so much pressure on, I kind of see why people want something to point to to say it isn't their fault. I doubt intersex people feel that 'privileged.' No one is better than anyone else, well, unless we are talking mean people.

--- End quote ---
Most of the time I am jealous of you "straight" trans people,  You have a clear idea about yourself, I am just waffling around some times and don't really know what I am!  At that point I have to kick myself into my rear end and remind myself that I am a woman!
Yes, it was a little easier to convince my body to be a woman (it actually was that way all the time),  but I needed to get pretty old to realize what was going on with me!  Nothing to be jealous about!

Haley Conner:
I didn't really have any concept of intersexuality until late in life, so I can relate as far as doubts, guilt etc.  Learning about the circumstances of my birth didn't really change that much.  It was somewhat validating though.  It doesn't change the fact that most people have no concept of these things, so it's kind of irrelevant where they are concerned.  Most people don't even differentiate between sex and gender, imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version