Blogs > Member Blogs

A day in a life of Cynthia Ann

(1/130) > >>

CynthiaAnn:
Hello Susan's place MTF forum....

Have not started many topics since joining in late 2010 here at Susan's place, usually have answered other's topics and enjoy adding something to the conversations when possible. This topic I am creating will be only my 6th since joining, and it will be my personal diary of a mostly post transition life. I say mostly, because even though I've taken many steps physically and socially to transition to female, there are areas of female life where I feel I am still exploring and learning in, they fascinate me and I am one to believe in "life long learning". When I joined these forums I quickly realized that many here have created their own personal topics, and I've been starting to read and post in some of them, some are many years in the running, how fun and useful ! I've answered most of the polls here already, I've answered in many of the transition related topics that I can relate to, so here it goes my personal topic,

My wife is working now and so am I as I type this, we mostly work today because we are helping our 20 somethings have a better life. Our oldest daughter is a FAA licensed commercial pilot, working on increasing her marketability in the aviation field. I personally have everything in life I could ever want, a happy marriage and a family that loves me, stable employment, home ownership, and my health and well being is the best ever. Thankfully I've solved many of the dysphoria related issues I suffered with over the past decade. I look forward to moving on from my day job sometime soon, and hopefully traveling more (we are cruising the inside passage this summer), playing more music, and enjoying many of the crafts and sewing I like to do.

So today real life includes 5 miles of exercise soon, it's a cool showery morning here in the Puget Sound region. Getting our RV ready today for a Puget sound island trip and beautiful waterfront location to ride my bicycle, hike in the coastal forests there and be with family, here is what it looked like there last year.

Real life awaits this topic.....

Thanks for reading

Cynthia -

Northern Star Girl:
@CynthiaAnn
Dear CynthiaAnn:
Thank you for starting  your new personal diary of your "mostly post transition life" ...   as you already know, I am in the same kind of life stage that you are regarding having the big life changing transition events behind me and now like you are, I am just living day by day doing everyday normal things that people do without continual and total focus on our past initial transition journey life changing endeavors.

Still, I am continuing to learn about living my new life but I am very fortunate to have the acceptance of many acquaintances,  good friends, and some romantic encounters too,  that helps me to start each day with a positive attitude, always trying to make the next day better than the last.

I am very happy to read how you are "helping" your 20 something kids and encouraging them... and reading about your happy marriage and family makes me smile and be glad for you.   

Oh yeah, enjoy doing some traveling... you will certainly enjoy the "inside passage" cruise this summer...  think of me when you get close to Alaska. 
I love the picture that you posted of your spring season beautiful green grass and water and mountain view of the Cascades or Olympics... and either the Straits of Juan de Fuca or of Puget Sound....   
***I think that I may be guessing correctly about all of that.???

The weather you are having their is making me envious for sure.   As I reported in my thread, I woke up this morning to a foot of new snow and it will be snowing all day and into tomorrow...  temps in the mid to high 20's (F) at night and today staying the low 30's (F)

For me, as it probably was for you, it has be quite an exciting ride, this transition journey, and looking back it was well worth the trials, tribulations, disappointments, failures and all of those things that threatened to sidetrack our journeys.

Thank you for starting your new "everyday life" thread, I will be eagerly following it as you feel so led to post your updates.
Hugs and best wishes as always, 
Danielle

CynthiaAnn:
@Alaskan Danielle thank you for such a wonderful and thoughtful reply to my diary post, you are correct the image above was taken from Marrowstone Island bluff looking north toward you, and that's point Wilson in the left foreground and the straight of Juan de Fuca. It's beautiful to have spring again here and all of the bulbs and flowering trees are in bloom. I will be thinking of you as we head up that coast this summer and I look forward to updating this thread. There are many twists and turns life can take, I plan on writing about some of them as we move into the future....

Our oldest daughter just came home excited this afternoon, as she met her new "Multi Engine" flight instructor today and has the next lessons scheduled now, she needs about 15 hours of training to complete this endorsement. Her S.E.S (special endorsement sea) training begins in Sept now at Kenmore air.

For the sake of this thread here she is having fun posing on a T 6 (texan) at Paine field a few years back before she flew this plane with the museum pilot.

Have wonderful day !

Cynthia -

CynthiaAnn:
Update 7 am PDT, it's cool this morning at 39f, sunny and bright here. Look forward to exercise out after my meeting with Cisco today and planning their big technical conference later this spring. Clothes shopping has been fruitful this spring, several new tops and skirts, and I have a wonderful new dress and sandals for a trip to CA this year. Out on exercise yesterday and this 30 something woman waves at me from her car, I seem to notice this a lot from women in our neighborhood, they are just being friendly and it's great to be on the receiving end of some of that...I learned a new song this past week, and it's always fun to go through the motions, I love ELP songs....Oldest daughter showed me her new Ruby ring from her boyfriend in Edmonton from her last trip there, we are getting closer I believe to being empty nesters it seems. Dual citizenship is in her future. I really like this guy she met, and he is perfectly at ease with me....Thoughts of what I'd wear at their wedding.....

Have a great day....

C -

Northern Star Girl:
@CynthiaAnn
Dear CynthiaAnn:
The springtime is always my favorite season of the year... new life, new blossoms, and a nice change of pace from the long darkness and cold of winter... although I do love the winter season, in spite of the weather and darkness it has it's own type of beauty and up here we do lots of things indoors when it gets really nasty outside, plus it gives me lots of time to read a good book in front of my fireplace in the evenings.

Ahhh.... springtime is a wonderful time for changing over your wardrobe to new colorful and light summer clothes... even showing a little more skin if you dare.  Lots of fun.  Lots of fun dresses, tops, shorts and skorts... and capris.... and shoes.... etc.   

This year, my gym-gals group and I did not get to do our big overnight annual shopping trip to the big city (Anchorage) as we did last year in early Spring.  That was when I shared a hotel room with my Tooth Fairy Dental Hygienist Suitor #4 ....   I was so very nervous but that has all worked out very nicely as I have been reporting in my thread.
Hopefully we will get that trip arranged before summer starts.

Oh yeah, as you mentioned it is so affirming and such a good feeling to get the friendly waves and looks from other women... and men too.   As a married woman I am sure that you are more careful with how you respond to men flirting with you...  I assure you that it is a wonderful feeling and as you know from my threads, I have dated several men and gotten into some romantic endeavors with a few nice guys in the recent past.  (i.e. past Suitor#1 and also ShyGuy Suitor #3)

Thank you for your posting, and for sharing....
HUGS, 
Danielle

--- Quote from: CynthiaAnn on April 25, 2019, 08:58:30 am ---Update 7 am PDT, it's cool this morning at 39f, sunny however look forward to exercise out after my meeting with Cisco today, planning their big technical conference later this spring. Clothes shopping has been fruitful this spring, several new tops and skirts, and I have a wonderful new dress and sandals for my trip to CA this year. Out on exercise yesterday and this 30 something woman waves at me from her car, I seem to notice this a lot from women in our neighborhood, they are just being friendly and it's great to be on the receiving end of some of that...

Have a great day all

C -

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version