Author Topic: A day in a life of Cynthia Ann  (Read 23727 times)

Offline CynthiaAnn

• like totally dig that pacific pulse....
Re: A day in a life of Cynthia Ann
« Reply #600 on: July 16, 2020, 02:46:07 pm »
@Cynthia Ann

Some incredible things are going on in your life right now. You’re happier than ever and able to do what you want despite this crazy world we’re in right now. This stuff couldn’t be happening to a nicer person :). Enjoy yourself at the coast this summer...looks like we’re getting the weather we’ve been waiting for...finally!

Susan R🌷

@Susan R
  Hi Susan, nice to hear from ya here ! you are so right it is a crazy world, and unpredictable, and darn right scary at times ! I guess we just try and make the best of things, given our circumstances. Like Maddie said this morning over coffee "focusing on what we can do", she nails it ! Your right the weather is becoming awesome, last evening around these parts was stunningly beautiful and mild. You are such a sweet heart Susan, and I will be pulling for you in the coming months, things are getting closer for you and quite exciting times indeed !

Hugs a plenty

Cyndi
kindness is love nurturing your soul....

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #601 on: August 21, 2020, 10:44:53 am »
Friday morning - light rain 68 f - we've reached the last third of summer now. This summer has been different to say the least. My sweetie and I did have a nice trip to the coast and our beach cottage was really nice (a few pictures below). Been recording tracks this summer and have been quite busy with my home recording setup now. I've also been uploading some of my previous recordings to the cloud of late, and getting my legacy data in order. It's been like reconnecting my self with my self musically, transition was quite a break from the past. The chronological power of music and it's abilities to take me back. I no longer suffer the dysphoria I once did, and today can hear my old recordings again without issue. I like what I'm doing today, and to fully appreciate today, I have the decades of legacy in which to build on. This weekend will connect with our youngest daughter and her boyfriend, looking forward to a picnic somewhere near the water....

Enjoy your summer (it's fleeting).

C

From the cloud, a rock tune recorded in 11/11, I used my Carvin 5 string in this rendition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pxo9f6jpyum7b6/CG7.wav?dl=0

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #602 on: August 21, 2020, 03:49:50 pm »
Friday morning - light rain 68 f - we've reached the last third of summer now. This summer has been different to say the least. My sweetie and I did have a nice trip to the coast and our beach cottage was really nice (a few pictures below). Been recording tracks this summer and have been quite busy with my home recording setup now. I've also been uploading some of my previous recordings to the cloud of late, and getting my legacy data in order. It's been like reconnecting my self with my self musically, transition was quite a break from the past. The chronological power of music and it's abilities to take me back. I no longer suffer the dysphoria I once did, and today can hear my old recordings again without issue. I like what I'm doing today, and to fully appreciate today, I have the decades of legacy in which to build on. This weekend will connect with our youngest daughter and her boyfriend, looking forward to a picnic somewhere near the water....

Enjoy your summer (it's fleeting).

C

From the cloud, a rock tune recorded in 11/11, I used my Carvin 5 string in this rendition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pxo9f6jpyum7b6/CG7.wav?dl=0

Cyndi your entire post is a lighthouse.
Bless your days

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2020, 08:52:51 am »
@Maddie - bless you Maddie, you are kind. I wanna hear ya sing, and I have a inkling our paths will cross, hope your day is going well  :)

Thursday morning - 52f sunny, going up to the mid 70's today. Explored a little in Ableton last night with my keyboard and got lost in "bow and chimes" OMG, I became immersed in the flow of this one midi patch, it untethered my right brain, too much fun. Had a nice visit with our daughter and boyfriend last weekend, and she is open to working with me on some EDM dev, she is classically trained, so I would need to chart her parts for the French Horn. I think some of the best EDM I've heard so far, uses "real" instruments, mixed with the electronica. The days and months just seem to whiz by, where does the time go ? Still working here, busier than ever, the projects are endless, but as Danielle reminds us, "busy people are happy people", she is right there, at some point you wanna step back and smell the roses.

Have a lovely day

Cynthia

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2020, 11:10:57 am »
@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cynthia:
It is always wonderful to read your frequent updates.
Your weather reports are reporting better weather than my location... it has been quite cool here lately... and rain.
But we should not complain... no wildfires, no extremely hot weather, no hurricanes, no rioting, etc.tbb

You are right... as I always say “Busy people are happy people”.... so we are indeed very happy people.

Thank you for keeping me and the rest of your followers up yo date with you life events.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

« Reply #605 on: September 25, 2020, 02:55:04 pm »
@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cyndi-
OK now, I am getting concerned....
It has been a full MONTH since you last updated your blog/thread.....  the rest of your followers and I are starving for you sharing your up to date goings on in your life.

I trust that you survived all the smoke and fires .... and now I see on the weather forecasts that your area is getting drenched with rain, lightning and thunder.... I suppose that is normal Autumn weather there... plus it will help put out the fires and clear the air of smoke.

Please come back and fill us all in regarding what is going on in your life lately !!!

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #606 on: September 26, 2020, 06:55:19 am »
Cyndi,

Enjoy the fall weather and each day as it arrives.  The change of seasons are interesting as they each bring us wonders to see and enjoy. 

It is always nice to hear from you.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #607 on: September 26, 2020, 07:08:05 am »
@Northern Star Girl
@ChrissyRyan

Saturday morning 52f , showers on and off

Thanks much dear friends for thinking of me and waking up my blog post. It has been almost a month now. Wow where does the time go ? We had terrible smoke from the west coast fires I stayed indoors most of the time during that event, we had some of the worst air quality ever on record here during that last event (4 X Hazardous). Thankfully the rain started back up recently, and we are back to fresh clean air again. I've been busy at work, completing a WAN conversion project encompassing over 400 facilities world wide, I've installed and configured new routers in our data center to accomplish that. Our youngest daughter came over last night and we had lovely Thai food and catch up with each others lives. This was the first time I've seen her in weeks since all the fires. She is back in school (online) this quarter, staying busy. We played with my music setup (Ableton) a little after dinner. I've been recording bass guitar tracks for a song writer I've met last summer, and collaborating online on her music, so much fun.

I hope you all have a lovely day

HUGS !

Cyndi

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #608 on: October 03, 2020, 09:09:06 am »
Saturday Morning - 52f and overcast here at the Pacific coast, where life is the most, digging the ocean pulse. Our daughter and her boyfriend are with us here at the beach cottage where you can hear the ocean waves through the open window, gonna cook bacon and eggs this morning when they get up. Had a great time by the fire last night roasting marshmallows, and catching up with each other, had some tasty sips of brown sugar whiskey in my coco  :D I've managed some basic connectivity here to update this thread, nothing but coastal bliss here, music in my bluetooth headphones as I type this (ELP). We are off in our own corner of the world, as I see the current events unfold on my screen here, we are enjoying the peace and quiet, being in uncrowded space, we had the entire stretch of beach to ourselves yesterday as far as the eye could see, so nice.....

C

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #609 on: October 03, 2020, 10:01:30 am »
Saturday Morning - 52f and overcast here at the Pacific coast, where life is the most, digging the ocean pulse. Our daughter and her boyfriend are with us here at the beach cottage where you can hear the ocean waves through the open window, gonna cook bacon and eggs this morning when they get up. Had a great time by the fire last night roasting marshmallows, and catching up with each other, had some tasty sips of brown sugar whiskey in my coco  :D I've managed some basic connectivity here to update this thread, nothing but coastal bliss here, music in my bluetooth headphones as I type this (ELP). We are off in our own corner of the world, as I see the current events unfold on my screen here, we are enjoying the peace and quiet, being in uncrowded space, we had the entire stretch of beach to ourselves yesterday as far as the eye could see, so nice.....

C

Enjoy your day!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #610 on: October 04, 2020, 09:02:28 am »
Sounds like you are having a wonderfully peaceful weekend with your family.  I'm so happy you are all enjoying yourselves. 
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

« Reply #611 on: October 09, 2020, 12:06:47 am »
@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cynthia:
I hope that all the smoke is just about gone now where you live an that you can start enjoying the clear air that your area is famous for.

Here where I live winter is rearing it's ugly head.... temperatures at night in the low 20's (f) and next week the temperatures are forecast to be in the low teens with some nights getting down to 12 and 13 degrees (f)
At my home my propane tank is full and at my office I have good reliable heat so I will be warm and cozy.

My ankle is just about healed so I can start driving again and soon I hope to start walking and going to the gym again and get my muscle tone back to where it should be.  My crutches are almost history now!!!

I trust that you are doing well and staying healthy and safe.

HUGS and lots more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #612 on: October 09, 2020, 07:44:27 am »
Friday morning - cloudy 58f. I've had little time since coming back from the coast to be on the forum(s), it was such a nice trip, so relaxing, great family time. Back to reality and work was busy this week, and I recorded a few more bass tracks this week for my friend, and worked on some mixing. I noticed my 5 string needed a new battery, I can tell when the signal levels start to drop off a little in the recordings when the active pickups battery is getting weak. A fresh battery always brings out the best sounds and response. Next thing to do here is hiring a fencing contractor, our property lines are in need, the existing fencing is like 30 years old now, amazing it's held up so long. I just can't do fence posts myself anymore at any productive rate, so I'll gladly hire some professionals to do the job these days  :)

@Northern Star Girl - yes thankfully the smoke has cleared here and a fall front is moving in now for a wet and windy weekend. The infamous gray curtain coming down. Star warm there, in the beautiful Interior.

Have a great weekend !

C

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #613 on: October 10, 2020, 10:40:07 am »
I'm glad you've decided to hire out your fence repairs.  There comes a time when its best.  I've gotten a small company to take care of my property.  Even though its small, I am in the woods so there is always something falling from trees making a mess.  My bass is a passive model.  One more knob for me to deal with was too much!!
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

« Reply #614 on: October 22, 2020, 04:14:39 pm »
@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cyndi
Your blog/journal is in dire need of an update from it’s author and creator.
I am hoping and trusting that all is Ok in your world... no fires, no floods, no volcanoes erupting, no earthquakes, etc... and you are busy with life, your daughters, your IRL friends and are staying healthy.

****I don’t need you to write much, just a “Hello, I’m OK” would ease my mind.
Hugs and as always, best wishes to you.
Danielle
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 05:18:11 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

« Reply #615 on: October 22, 2020, 04:45:39 pm »
@CynthiaAnn
Dear Cyndi
Talking about Earthaquakes.... yesterday we had a 7.6 off-shore hundreds of miles southwest of Anchorage.
Where I live up in the interior we did not feel a thing ...
... Alaska is a big state.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #616 on: October 23, 2020, 08:48:01 am »
@Northern Star Girl - Good morning Danielle, Friday 37f expecting rain/wind, with snow accumulating in the Cascades and Olympics. Yeah I saw that earthquake activity and fortunately there was no tsunami that came our way from it, and thanks for moving my blog thread  :) I do read here at Susan's and check in when I can between work tasks, I'll post when something comes up. I received my new acoustic lefty 6 string this week, it's beautiful and survived the journey from the store across the US, love the action and sound, I'll be strumming and pickin' in my jam room this season, that has made my week ! I've been enjoying playing it after work. I've also been doing more bass guitar tracks for my music friends. My sweetie and I voted this past weekend using the county elections office ballot drop box, and confirmed our votes counted online, now we wait for the outcome  :) We had a nice visit to Camano island last Sunday, at the state park there. It's getting darker and this season is already below normal temps (la nina) for us. A fresh cord of firewood (doug fir) delivery is coming next week  :)

@JudiBlueEyes - I know having passive bass pickups is a good thing too  :) My Fender P and Guild fretless are passive  :)

Stay warm friends and keep smiling  :)

Hugs

Cyndi

Online CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #617 on: October 23, 2020, 11:56:25 am »
@CynthiaAnn

Cyndi-

I think we're both in the same neck of the woods (The Republic of Cascadia).  I love Camano Island, and the little cabins down at Cama Beach State Park.  Every time we go out there we have to stop at Jimmy's in Stanwood for pasta!

The nice thing about the changing weather here is actually getting to use some of the fall/winter wardrobe I bought on clearance when the stores opened back up from their COVID shutdown!

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline CynthiaAnn

« Reply #618 on: October 26, 2020, 07:23:22 am »
@CaelaNotKayla

Hi Caela, thanks for stoppin' by this thread here at Susan's  :) and yeah isn't this area lovely ? Grateful to live here.

The whole island is wonderful, we visited that park you mention as well as well the one adjacent down the road a little. It was a nice peaceful afternoon. We'll have to check out that eatery in Stanwood you mention, when things return to a bit more normal settings. It's been a "take out only" kind of year for us.

I hope you have a lovely day  :)

Hugs

Cyndi

37f and cloudy as I type this

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #619 on: October 30, 2020, 05:33:04 pm »
@CynthiaAnn

Cyndi,

I wish you and your family a wonderful November ahead.
Enjoy your times together!

Thank you for sharing your interesting posts here!
There are many of us who are very interested in reading them!

Have a great weekend ahead too.   :)

Take care,

Chrissy

[27000]

Tags: