Author Topic: Little known Sci-fi shows  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Julia1996

• Family
Re: Little known Sci-fi shows
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2019, 12:41:35 am »
Oh man, I remember watching Space 1999 during its first run!  And even though the clothes and hair styles were totally 1970s, the special effects were pretty advanced for the day. 

I also remembering looking up at the Moon on September 13th, 1999 and waiting for it to be blown out of orbit.  :laugh:  I'm glad that it wasn't.  I'd hate to think of what kind of destruction would happen to the Earth if that was to really happen. (>_<);

I also watched original Battlestar Galactica.  They made Starbuck into a woman during the reboot?  That's pretty wild!  I also watched Galactica 1980, which was a spinoff of the original BSG.

Did anyone watch either incarnation of V the TV series?  I only saw the original one done in the 1980s.

So many Sci Fi series came on TV after original Star Wars's success!

Ryuichi

Yes I watched the new V. I loved it but like most scifi shows they canceled it after 2 seasons. This v is different because these aliens don't want to use us as food. I'm not going to tell you a lot about it because I don't want to ruin anything for you. The aliens are reptiles but instead of plastic skin they graft human skin and fat onto their bodies. They have a queen named Ana who is their leader. Her mother Diana is played by Jane badler who played Diana in the original. Mark Singer was in the last episode of season 2 as a resistance leader but then they canceled it. Watch it if you can. It's really good. And the rat eating scene is much more disgusting in the new one. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018

Offline big kim

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2019, 01:29:36 am »
The Invaders was popular in the 60s. My first boyfriend lent me the DVDS, only 2 series  He was a Mercury Cougar fan and got DVDs of  old TV show s to see the car. There was a lot of product placement back then and every car in the show was a Ford Mercury or Lincoln.

Offline Jessicajade

• Neighbor
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2019, 06:15:33 pm »
For a few more lesser known sci-fi shows... (Actually I'm not really sure how lesser these are.)

Handmaid's Tale - although I kinda don't want to call it sci-fi, more like an alternate take on history. It's a dystopian story where most people are rendered sterile and the few women who aren't get rounded up to become the handmaids and are given to the elite of the country to be bred.

Altered Carbon - In a society where consciousness is stored digitally and can be downloaded into new bodies, a man is awakened to solve a murder.

Almost Human - A buddy cop show where one is a human and the other is a robot. They're paired against their will to solve high tech crimes.

Fringe - An FBI agent releases a mad scientist to solve absurd crimes/mysteries.

Continuum - A police officer is sent back in time with a band of terrorists and has to use her wits and superior technology to hunt them down and stop them from screwing with time.

Falling Skies - Aliens attack Earth. Humans suffer a bitter defeat. Those that remain try mounting a resistance to take back their planet.

Offline Lisa89125

• Family
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2019, 09:25:17 pm »
Yes I watched the new V. I loved it but like most scifi shows they canceled it after 2 seasons. This v is different because these aliens don't want to use us as food. I'm not going to tell you a lot about it because I don't want to ruin anything for you. The aliens are reptiles but instead of plastic skin they graft human skin and fat onto their bodies. They have a queen named Ana who is their leader. Her mother Diana is played by Jane badler who played Diana in the original. Mark Singer was in the last episode of season 2 as a resistance leader but then they canceled it. Watch it if you can. It's really good. And the rat eating scene is much more disgusting in the new one. Lol

I loved V. I was so angry when they cancelled the show. At the time rumors suggested the show was mocking Obama and his health care law and was the reason for the show being pulled.

I used to watch Xena: Warrior Princess years ago. I just don't remember the show that well now.

Certain episodes of the X-Files I would watch. Most of the time the show would give me nightmares. Some of them were pretty spooky for their time.

I watched all of Revolution, Started out ok, but went down hill pretty quick.

I really liked Terra Nova. Skye was my favorite character.  ;D Actually when it came time to pick a name, I was going to go with Skye, but mom said um, no.

I loved the Book "Under The Dome" but thought the show sucked. Would have been a great movie though if made similar to the quality of the Shining. Actually, I need to sit down and read Under The Dome again. It's been a couple years now.

Lisa
"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Offline LordKAT

• I got KAT class, and I got KAT style!
  • Awesome, flunky KAT.
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2019, 04:24:52 am »
Firefly, farscape, Lexx and the one I think is called red dwarf.

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Landed Airline Gentry"
    • CowetaSolar Journal(s) & Blog(s)
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2019, 07:03:36 am »
Project Tic-Toc is a top-secret U.S. government effort to build an experimental time machine, known as "The Time Tunnel" due to its appearance as a cylindrical hallway. The base for Project Tic-Toc is a huge, hidden underground complex in Arizona, 800 floors deep and employing more than 12,000 specialized personnel.[2]

Anyone here old enough to remember this? It came out in 1966 after the original Star Trek episodes were canceled. Highly technical stuff like room-size computers with flashing lights!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline Karen_A

• Friend
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2019, 08:41:20 am »

Anyone here old enough to remember this? It came out in 1966 after the original Star Trek episodes were canceled. Highly technical stuff like room-size computers with flashing lights!
Tony and Doug...

Watched it but it was kind of corny at times...

- Karen

Tags: