Author Topic: Faith's Progress 2.0  (Read 29423 times)

Online AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
Re: Faith's Progress 2.0
« Reply #840 on: November 23, 2020, 06:08:28 pm »
Faith,

You still look as beautiful as ever.  Your string instrument collection is marvelous!  Do you play all those and which one or more do you like the best and why?  You maybe cannot realize that some of us musically (including voice) unalentented so envie the ability in others to do that which we could never do.  I can worship that talent in others.  Actually, I do worship it!

Hugs,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Faith

« Reply #841 on: November 23, 2020, 06:24:40 pm »
I play bass as a preference .. it talks to me, I can feel it. I could play 6-string guitar if I tried, I just don't feel it. I actually started on the fiddle and was getting good enough to play in front of people but I hurt my elbow in my bowing arm and had to take a many year hiatus. Still trying to talk myself back into it. The mandolin I picked up to practice for the fiddle since the tuning and chording is much the same, although fretted. I was too lazy to follow through. Oh, yes, I sing. People like my voice for some reason. I haven't sang since I came out though .. I have the wrong voice and I am no longer well tolerated in the area due to my general appearance of self.

Mostly I rebuild/repair. The 6-strings on the wall I had to either rebuild;rewire;refinish or a combination of them. The hardest is reworking a neck, replacing a truss rod is a pain and fret work is not for faint of heart :P

Faith,

You still look as beautiful as ever.  Your string instrument collection is marvelous!  Do you play all those and which one or more do you like the best and why?  You maybe cannot realize that some of us musically (including voice) unalentented so envie the ability in others to do that which we could never do.  I can worship that talent in others.  Actually, I do worship it!

Hugs,

Allie

Online AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #842 on: November 23, 2020, 06:27:26 pm »
Faith,

Thanks for the reply.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020

Offline Faith

« Reply #843 on: November 23, 2020, 06:46:13 pm »
Sorry that I may have seemed a bit terse and centric in my reply. My moods and thoughts aren't at their best right now.
I hope your doing well

Faith,

Thanks for the reply.

Allie

Online AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #844 on: November 23, 2020, 10:34:44 pm »
Not sure what yu are referring to, but all is fine with me.  You were good.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #845 on: November 24, 2020, 03:54:50 am »
Nice to see your lovely face again, Thats a nice collection. Hang on in there dear XXXXXXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #846 on: November 24, 2020, 09:41:18 am »
Faith you look fine!  Nothing wrong with aging, we all do it.   I love how you display your instruments.  They seem to beg to be picked up and played. 
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline BrianaJ

• Friend
« Reply #847 on: November 24, 2020, 09:44:08 am »
Hi Faith,

Nice instrument collection! I have a Fender precision bass natural finish that I bought in 1974.  It cost me a lot of lawns mowed, garages cleaned, and any other work I could get.  I also have a Fender F35 acoustic guitar I bought in 75.  More lawn mowing garage cleaning  and all sorts of odd jobs.  LOL  I never really learned to play well despite lessons and practice and good players trying to help me.  I'm that person that steps left when everyone else is going right.  I just struggled with keeping beat and counting.

You look great too!   
~~Be kind~~

Offline Faith

« Reply #848 on: November 24, 2020, 10:33:41 am »
Nice to see your lovely face again, Thats a nice collection. Hang on in there dear XXXXXXXX
HiYa Davina .. Thanks, I'm hanging on by my fingernails, haven't let go yet.

Faith you look fine!  Nothing wrong with aging, we all do it.   I love how you display your instruments.  They seem to beg to be picked up and played. 
Hey Judi, been a while .. my fault. I have trouble socializing. One way or another things eat at me so I avoid. Which is also a bad thing so I'm a total loss.

Instruments are meant to be played, once you make them display only they can't make music so what's the point. Everything I have is able to be picked up and played .. with one exception which I'll cover in my next quote reply ...

Hi Faith,

Nice instrument collection! I have a Fender precision bass natural finish that I bought in 1974.  It cost me a lot of lawns mowed, garages cleaned, and any other work I could get.  I also have a Fender F35 acoustic guitar I bought in 75.  More lawn mowing garage cleaning  and all sorts of odd jobs.  LOL  I never really learned to play well despite lessons and practice and good players trying to help me.  I'm that person that steps left when everyone else is going right.  I just struggled with keeping beat and counting.

You look great too!   

My precision I bought in 2017 "Fender American Elite Precision Bass - Tobacco Sunburst, Maple Fingerboard"  It's not on display, stays in a case. I pull it out sometimes. Now that I am not playing regular it doesn't get much use. Around the house I play the squier (when I get the urge). You can just see it in the shadow, the one with the strap. It's my $150 beater that I bought new off amazon. It's a VM Jaguar HB Special. Plays easy, sounds good.

The wall display isn't everything .. I don't have enough wall or hangers :P

Offline KathyLauren

• Casting off dull certainty
« Reply #849 on: November 24, 2020, 06:10:19 pm »
Hi, Faith.  Good to see you posting again.  And it is great to see new pictures of you.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2019-10-18 Phone consultation for GRS; 2020-03-11 GRS!; 2020-09-30 New birth certificate

Offline Faith

« Reply #850 on: November 25, 2020, 10:09:23 am »
Hi, Faith.  Good to see you posting again.  And it is great to see new pictures of you.

thanks Kathy. I toss it back and forth before coming back on here. things aren't the same although some of the 'faces' are the same. So, I stick my nose in for a while then wander off again.

I love hearing good things that others have progressed into then I crash because I haven't progressed and not likely to. I commiserate with those struggling which, in turn, makes me focus on my own internalized shortcomings making me feel worse

I can't win.

Offline JudiBlueEyes

• Family
« Reply #851 on: November 25, 2020, 05:23:14 pm »
Putting your instruments on display does help remind you to pull them down and play from time to time.  I have my bass and guitar on stands where I can see and easily grab them.  In the cases they out of sight, out of mind.  I certainly don't play enough, and I'm aware the time I don't I can't get back.  Its hard at times.

Please don't despair about your pace of transition.  We all are on our personal schedules.  You look great and dress well. 

Have a great week.
Judi
Wind blew in, cloud was dispersed
Rainbows appearing, the pressures were burst
Breezes a-singing, now feeling good
The moment had passed like I knew that it should

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #852 on: November 28, 2020, 01:30:59 pm »
For me, having a regular jam group was what kept me playing. Those people all became good friends. Now with the pandemic it's all fallen apart and my mandolin mostly stays in the case.

I know what you mean about this place having changed. But it's rebuilding as new people join and share their stories. And it's great to see traditional faces return, like you!

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline BrianaJ

• Friend
« Reply #853 on: November 28, 2020, 03:49:28 pm »
Faith!  I KNEW there was more than the eye could see.  LOL  Guitars/instruments are like other fun things...like shoes.  There's always some out in the open but when you open the magic closet - BAM!  There they all are.  And it feels like you can never have too many.   
~~Be kind~~

Offline Faith

« Reply #854 on: December 02, 2020, 09:53:18 am »
... how can you love who you are when you feel like such a disappointment to those you love the most ...

Offline Pammie

« Reply #855 on: December 02, 2020, 10:21:55 am »
... how can you love who you are when you feel like such a disappointment to those you love the most ...
I have that background too (kids have found it hard and brothers even more so) but we are who we are and you have to learn to accept that. Im whole for the first time in my life and this is the real me so people I love need to love who I am xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Laura1951

« Reply #856 on: December 02, 2020, 06:33:17 pm »
I have that background too (kids have found it hard and brothers even more so) but we are who we are and you have to learn to accept that. Im whole for the first time in my life and this is the real me so people I love need to love who I am xx

THIS.
One New Life to Live (My personal blog)

Laura's HRT Journal     |     Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline Faith

« Reply #857 on: December 03, 2020, 06:25:16 am »
It's not about them loving me, I have a very loving, supporting, and accepting immediate family .. wife; 2 adult daughters; adult son; grand children aged -1yr through 16; (we won't discuss in-laws).  This is about me feeling like I am a disappointment despite their support.

I do not go along the 'they must love and support me no matter what or else'. Embracing who I am does not erase who I was nor their loss thereof.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #858 on: December 03, 2020, 07:54:44 am »
It's not about them loving me, I have a very loving, supporting, and accepting immediate family .. wife; 2 adult daughters; adult son; grand children aged -1yr through 16; (we won't discuss in-laws).  This is about me feeling like I am a disappointment despite their support.

I do not go along the 'they must love and support me no matter what or else'. Embracing who I am does not erase who I was nor their loss thereof.
It’s so easy to take offence and the way people express themselves but im going to avoid that in this case.
I ALSO do not embrace the “they must love me and support me no matter or else”  - indeed my whole being had been shaped around my children since my eldest was born.
Nor neither do  I try or want to erase their feeling of loss. BUT I am who I am, I must be who I am and I work hard to help my family adapt. Im not sure I understand how or why being disappointed in oneself will help but again I also understand that we can’t always control our feelings.
Personally my start point is I am being me, how can I improve how my loved ones feel about that because that is NOT changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Faith

« Reply #859 on: December 03, 2020, 08:47:57 am »
I never intend to insult, or argue. Insults are self-demeaning and arguing places one opinion, process, or circumstance over another.

Diction and the interpretation thereof is one of the reasons that I stopped posting and stay away. Trying to defend how or why something is shared a certain way can be an exercise in frustration when each person that reads it has a different take.

Must be time to go away until my next 3+ month update, if ever.

take care, live life, be true to yourself

Tags: